File Randomizer

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

File Randomizer

Postby JensDRK » April 11th, 2011, 7:09 pm

I had this idea:
A random download button, that takes one file at random (or from selected genres), and removes the filename for something like 'Random File (generated number).mp3'.

Seems like it would be great for dares and people who enjoy giving up control (I get the impression there are some people like that around).

Thoughts?
JensDRK

Re: File Randomizer

Postby bandler » April 11th, 2011, 10:48 pm

JensDRK wrote:

Seems like it would be great for dares and people who enjoy giving up control (I get the impression there are some people like that around).

Thoughts?

The first thought that comes to mind is 'what about curse files?' Your idea sounds a bit like Russian roulette.
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Postby demigraff » April 12th, 2011, 5:05 am

There used to be a 'random file' button, but the site has changed a lot since then. (I think the one I'm remembering is from before we had forums)

I'd suggest some way to limit the selection; maybe have a list where you can tick any categories/types that you want to exclude.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Re: File Randomizer

Postby JensDRK » April 18th, 2011, 2:40 am

bandler wrote:
JensDRK wrote:

Thoughts?

The first thought that comes to mind is 'what about curse files?' Your idea sounds a bit like Russian roulette.

I get the impression there are some people who like that sort of thing. Also...

demigraff wrote:
I'd suggest some way to limit the selection; maybe have a list where you can tick any categories/types that you want to exclude.

Yeah, definitely sortable by categories/types/genres to include/exclude; like with the effect option of curse.
JensDRK

Postby Jeshi » April 18th, 2011, 8:58 pm

I would definitely use this if we had a few exceptions to make it less like actual Russian Roulette. Like excluding incontinence files and feminization files.

I guess it would just be the same qualifiers as the file search but you just have a random button instead of a search button.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Return to Site Improvements