idea: user profile option : email slave ad

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

idea: user profile option : email slave ad

Postby Nate80 » June 3rd, 2013, 11:42 am

didn't see anything obvious, requested already, but what about adding something to user profiles to indicate they're an email slave and let others search for it? would save the multiple email slave posts and out of date emails. Especially if their profile lists limits and interests.

Optionally set it to expire after a week / month automatically, so you don't end up emailing someone who's stopped using it / dead emails or for those who just want to try it for a bit.

Optionally have an email slave email address so people don't get screwed by posting their real / main address, with cc option to a minder, just because they bit off more than they realised.
(maybe somehow set up a wmm email forwarder, so user@warpmymind.com would redirect to their specified email address (with reply changed to senderuser@warpmymind, pointing to their's), which only works when their profile is set as an email slave)
Nate80
Regular
Regular

Postby Endo » June 3rd, 2013, 3:56 pm

Good idea, but why not expand it a bit more, and have "master", "scriptor", "recorder", "trained hypnotist", and then "Pro Bono" or "For a Fee" qualifiers for each of those.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby Nate80 » June 3rd, 2013, 4:09 pm

Endo wrote:Good idea, but why not expand it a bit more, and have "master", "scriptor", "recorder", "trained hypnotist", and then "Pro Bono" or "For a Fee" qualifiers for each of those.

True, I think it crossed my mind, but I was wary of it turning into a "dating" site :) (though I suppose if the demand is there... ;p)

Also, you'd need to allow for multiple roles, looking for, providing service of, and then we just end up putting a strip of colours like a paint chart under every ones avatar like the hanky code...

again, not necessarily a bad idea :p
Nate80
Regular
Regular

Return to Site Improvements