Question about Videofiles

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Question about Videofiles

Postby papotik » January 26th, 2014, 12:47 am

Hi
I posted few month ago a video.
I guessed it would become available to all after 6 month but no.
And my main issue is the quality. I encoded it in mp4 with a bitrate for the web, and it got reencoded once uploaded, doing it very nasty ( in a video quality point of view, not about the content, which was already nasty )
So is it possible to treat video files like audio files ?
And to give some specification about how to encode video for avoid to have them reencoded ?
I guess there is a ffmpg behind that.
Regards
papotik
Regular
Regular

Re: Question about Videofiles

Postby EMG » January 26th, 2014, 10:01 am

Due to the bandwidth involved I can't treat video like audio so the software does reencode them and they will always require a premium memership. I will double check the settings to make sure the reencoding software is not too restrictive but WMM has limitations both to storage and bandwidth that prevent us from handling huge video files.

papotik wrote:Hi
I posted few month ago a video.
I guessed it would become available to all after 6 month but no.
And my main issue is the quality. I encoded it in mp4 with a bitrate for the web, and it got reencoded once uploaded, doing it very nasty ( in a video quality point of view, not about the content, which was already nasty )
So is it possible to treat video files like audio files ?
And to give some specification about how to encode video for avoid to have them reencoded ?
I guess there is a ffmpg behind that.
Regards
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby papotik » February 2nd, 2014, 10:39 am

That's what i thinked. My questions will seems a bit stupid but can't you use a third party for videos, which will cost less or equal to what videos actually cost ?
Regards
papotik
Regular
Regular

Return to Site Improvements