Hooray!

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Hooray!

Postby Calimore » February 4th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Congratulations on the new site design!

It's been a long time coming and I KNOW the setup and debugging process was long and arduous, but you did it! I'm so happy for not only you, EMG but everyone involved along the way and, most of all, all of the users of this site.

Everything looks so crisp and clean, it's almost going to be difficult to not come here again and again just to see the new design. Thanks for keeping the old color scheme and familiar menus. It's almost like finding your favorite ride sitting in the driveway fully detailed and with a slick new paint job. I cannot help but to love it!

I know there's probably a few kinks to be worked out but we love working on our kinks, right. Please keep doing that crazy thing that you do, sir. We love you for they way you keep on doing it.
If you only Believe in Hypnosis, It can Change Your Life.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Re: Hooray!

Postby EMG » February 4th, 2016, 1:32 pm

Yeah, working through all the kinks, so if anyone finds 1 or 2 or 12 please let me know. Send me a PM or post something here so I know what to look for.
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CtrlAltMe » February 4th, 2016, 2:59 pm

one kink i noticed so far is that the chat widget wont connect to the chat anymore.. and connecting an external IRC client to server info listed on that page doesn't seem to connect either.. i know that its different server info than the chat was connected to before the upgrade. currently it connects to irc.warpmymind.com which hasn't been active for years, before the upgrade it connected to irc.justtrance.net and as one of the moderators of the webchat, i definitely noticed a lack in incoming traffic because of that (i wasn't sure the site was back up until i checked, because we weren't getting people joining, aside from the regulars who know how to connect manually)
CtrlAltMe

Postby CyrilMtl » February 4th, 2016, 3:41 pm

The search in the forum doesn't seems to work.
CyrilMtl
Regular
Regular

Postby rw789 » February 4th, 2016, 4:13 pm

Going into "Board preferences > Edit Global Settings" gives the error of "The language you specified is not valid." when attempting to save your settings. There is no language option to set that I can see.

I also apparently have 16 ghost messages in my inbox that makes it say that I have 16 of 50 but I really have none.
rw789
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » February 4th, 2016, 5:30 pm

I will look into the email issue as well as why search is not working(I expect an indexing issue) Be patient, this is a major change, the import script alone took over 12 hours.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby EMG » February 4th, 2016, 5:37 pm

To List files by an author choose more options on the search page. I will add a quick list to the system soon so if you click on an author's name it lists all their files.

I will investigate why chat is down, thanks for all the feedback.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zapnosis » February 4th, 2016, 5:58 pm

Just to echo the OP, well done EMG! Much appreciation for keeping this site going!
Respect
Z
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby psiboi1977 » February 4th, 2016, 9:52 pm

Also want to say it is well done!

One thing I noticed is that PM's seen to be missing. I sent one just before the site was taken down for the upgrade and it seems to be missing. No idea if the recipient got it at all...
psiboi1977
Mentor
Mentor

Postby EMG » February 5th, 2016, 9:08 am

We did our best to move and keep everything. There are definitely bugs but we are working them through. Hopefully all the messages are there but if not we will have to move on.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sothishappened » February 5th, 2016, 10:36 am

Did you remove the free ways to get premium access? Is it just paid access now? :?:
sothishappened

Postby 4_inch_sissy2 » February 5th, 2016, 10:40 am

Hey EMG,

After subscribing to premium, I can no longer login to my account. I get the following error message:

https://imgur.com/aivbe3W.png

My username is 4_inch_sissy. Sorry for the post, I would send a PM but this account is too new.
4_inch_sissy2

Postby EMG » February 5th, 2016, 12:11 pm

You will still be able to get premium all the ways we did before, I just need to update the membership page and get the announcements system working.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Small1sh » February 5th, 2016, 1:10 pm

How long will the gallery be in maintenance mode?

And will we *finally* be able to search photos by username? The old gallery version had one of the worst UI that I've seen :roll:
Small1sh
Regular
Regular

Postby Small1sh » February 5th, 2016, 1:26 pm

Thirdly, is there/will there be a way to edit my own posts?

and forthly, is there a way to search through the stories?

Ps. Is it also possible to be able to switch between the new look and old? I actually kind've preferred the old look. This one looks... too much like it's permanently in a beta version, and looks incomplete (not to mention bland).
Small1sh
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » February 5th, 2016, 3:17 pm

I'll look into editing your own posts, I expect that's a setting I can change.

I do intend to implement a site wide search that includes stories, forums, files, and journal entries, that's not done yet.

I'm sorry to say this but the old site is gone, the entire platform I built it on(phpnuke) is now so obsolete that a 10YO could hack it and we had several people do just that. We had to rebuild from the ground up and this is what we came up with. There will be tweaks but this is where we are now.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby EMG » February 5th, 2016, 5:34 pm

Was the file in question Breast Growth Masturbation Remix? As it doesn't appear to have an owner and I'm wondering if that's the cause. Also, were the files you uploaded intended as pay or free as I don't see a price.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Small1sh » February 5th, 2016, 5:58 pm

What about the other suggestions that I've posted in the separate thread here EGM?
http://www.warpmymind.com/index.php?gadget=HTools&action=PassFrame&url=/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=4
Small1sh
Regular
Regular

Postby Small1sh » February 5th, 2016, 5:59 pm

I mean EMG (sorry, couldn't edit my post :roll: )
Small1sh
Regular
Regular

Postby StrippedGears » February 6th, 2016, 12:19 am

Only weird thing I'm noticing is that it's much harder to check out the Voting section. There's a ton of pages and no way to sort by date added.
StrippedGears
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » February 6th, 2016, 2:22 am

Small1sh, I did see your other comments and expect they'll make it into the list as well. 1 item at a time. Killed 4 bugs today including:

Chat
Duplicate Shopping cart entries
Premium users unable to access files
A problem with uploading files.

Odds are there will be more tomorrow.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rmh83 » February 6th, 2016, 9:00 am

well there is one I encountered, I get an internal server error whenever trying to download a file. but I am patient. you ROCK!!
rmh83

Postby EMG » February 6th, 2016, 2:49 pm

The server error should now be corrected.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby legoeater » February 6th, 2016, 4:19 pm

I cannot log in on my tablet. I can log in on boards but not to downlod files...
legoeater

Postby Jackstock » February 11th, 2016, 4:26 pm

Great job on the new site!
Excited for when you implement the user profiles again, and getting all the bugs worked through. until then, I'll be working on plans for making my own site (possibly)
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Return to Site Improvements