Improvement requests/questions for new look (please)

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Improvement requests/questions for new look (please)

Postby Small1sh » February 5th, 2016, 1:50 pm

I know I've already posted them in the 'hurray!' thread, but I think these deserve their own thread - plus a bit more to them.

>How long will the gallery be in maintenance mode?

>Is there/will there be a way to edit my own posts?

>Will we *finally* be able to search photos by username? The old gallery version had one of the worst UI that I've seen :roll: (this will make up for [only slightly] the gallery not having any sort of sub-categories) - and also, is there a way to search through the stories, AND journals?

Instead of using the 'advanced search' [which btw only really works for the forums] to fiddle around trying to find what you want, a simple search bar/box for each section will do wonders for being able to find things much easier.

Ps. Is it also possible to be able to switch between the new look and old? I actually kind've preferred the old look. This one looks... too much like it's permanently in a beta version, and looks incomplete (not to mention bland).
Small1sh
Regular
Regular

Re: Improvement requests/questions for new look (please)

Postby Small1sh » February 5th, 2016, 1:58 pm

Also, give us the ability to increase the number of posts per page - preferably up to 100 posts per page would be good
Small1sh
Regular
Regular

Postby diode168 » February 6th, 2016, 1:22 pm

The only improvement I would want is the ability to increase the username size in forum. I like to know who I'm reading while I read and I keep missing it. But I think I'll get use to it.
diode168
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » February 6th, 2016, 2:51 pm

I didn't see a way to allow users to decide how many posts to view but I did change the setting to show more per page.
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Small1sh » February 6th, 2016, 5:21 pm

Another idea (if it's possible), to be able to change how many thumbnails per page to have in the gallery (or at least, have more thumbnails per page so there'd be less pages to go through)

Thanks a lot for looking at all these requests anyway.
Small1sh
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » February 6th, 2016, 8:24 pm

The number of thumbnails per page may get changed, I plan to tweak both PHPBB and Gallery as time and life permits but right now I have higher priority issues.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MaKO » February 8th, 2016, 5:21 am

The new Top 10 list color theme is different form the rest of the site. A light theme would be better in my mind.

The forum drop down menu no longer shows a new unread posts icon.

The "my account" section in the sidebar is weirdly formatted and shows duplicated information (the username appears twice).
MaKO
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » February 8th, 2016, 8:35 am

Top 10 list may be a while before it's touched, but I do intend to review it.

Unread post info in the dropdown is on my list

That ugly My Account sidebar WILL be fixed, it's both pointless and useless.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ProfessorPig » February 9th, 2016, 8:28 pm

is there any chance that we could get a mark all seen/read button for the forums so i can tell if there are new posts in the forum?

i was also wondering if it would be possible to click on the author's name on file submissions on the home page. i find it's always interesting to see what else someone has done when looking at new files that have been posted.
Being a pig is about following your desires. If you would like help following your desires, you may enjoy listening to my work. Its interesting how the most profound changes can occur when you least expect them.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » February 10th, 2016, 8:13 am

There IS a mark seen button, you should see it at the top of the page for each forum.

I WILL be adding in a way to view all an author's file, it's pretty high on my list right now.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Improvements