Bug Reports

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Re: Bug Reports

Postby EMG » January 22nd, 2019, 9:10 am

I hate bugs like this(I cannot reproduce it). If you're willing to work with me drop me an email(admin@warpmymind.com) I can probably get to the bottom of it fairly quickly but would need to do a teamviewer session to actually see what's going on on your system. My fear is you're not the only one affected
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby smaller2 » January 29th, 2019, 7:01 pm

When I try to look at my messages and click the "Read Now" link on the left, the link that goes to "https://www.warpmymind.com/index.php/page/inbox.html" there are no messages displayed - no anything, no container table that could possibly contain messages. Under the banner ad at the top is just blank white. No errors. I know that I have messages but .. why can't I see them?
smaller2
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » January 30th, 2019, 9:07 am

Well, that certainly makes checking you mail difficult. Ok, do you mind if I login as you to see if I can reproduce this? Also, since you have made it to the forums, at the top of the screen you should see User Control Panel( x new messages) if you click on that it should take you to the same message center you get from the main menu.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zapnosis » June 1st, 2019, 6:10 pm

Hi EMG

Journal views all say zero even when I've viewed others' journals and people have commented (meaning they must have viewed). Just a heads up.

Many thanks
Z
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby EMG » June 2nd, 2019, 8:36 am

You are 100% correct, I also noticed that if you don't create a title for a journal it become a blank entity that cannot be viewed edited or deleted so that may get a few minutes of my time in the near future as it's a very easy fix.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby willingsubject » June 9th, 2019, 5:04 pm

zapnosis wrote:Hi EMG

Journal views all say zero even when I've viewed others' journals and people have commented (meaning they must have viewed). Just a heads up.

Many thanks
Z

The Journals page has another problem, as well. The options to sort by author or category do nothing.
willingsubject

Postby EMG » June 9th, 2019, 5:36 pm

Thanks, I plan to work this set of bugs this week.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JackDrago » August 7th, 2019, 3:53 pm

Ability to add links has disappeared from the file upload page... Is this on purpose or a bug?
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » August 7th, 2019, 6:34 pm

bug, I do not object to links. We updated tinymce and apparently that changed a setting somewhere. I'll see if I can fix it fairly quickly.

It should now be fixed.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JackDrago » October 4th, 2019, 9:59 am

Unable to turn an old pay file into a free to premium file in the new setup. $0 disappears after a higher price has been selected.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » October 4th, 2019, 8:09 pm

This is intentional, it prevents them from being deleted later and people losing access. Once a file is pay, it stays that way. What you CAN do is make it inactive and then upload a free version.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby iduup » November 27th, 2019, 11:50 am

I cannot seem to be able to download anything uploaded starting 2-3 days ago. I get an error message:
'An error has occured.
The file was not found.
Please bear with us as we continue to restore our files. If you are a content producer, please contact an administrator regarding the restoration of your content. If you are a pay-file customer, please contact an administrator for your content.'
iduup

Postby EMG » November 27th, 2019, 12:29 pm

Thanks for pointing this out, I wasn't aware it was happening. The bug has been fixed.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby genericaccount37 » January 26th, 2020, 10:40 am

The New File Notifications option doesn't seem to be working, in that it won't save any categories you check off.

I thought it might just have been that it doesn't show what you currently have set (the checkboxes are always blank after you click Update Settings), but someone else posted a file after I set notifications on the category and I haven't received an e-mail about it.
genericaccount37
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » January 26th, 2020, 3:57 pm

Thanks, I'll look into it.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby genericaccount37 » September 9th, 2020, 4:37 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but MMM sessions never become free. You need a Premium membership to download them even after enough time has passed. Is it intentional that you can't download MMM files without Premium?

I'm only asking it here because I've had comments asking why people can't download my files, and those are the only ones it's been a problem for.
genericaccount37
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » September 10th, 2020, 3:24 pm

It's by design as MMM files draw more bandwidth.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Hawk_Spain » December 6th, 2020, 7:55 pm

Is it me? or the files page is not working?
it keeeps loading forever
Hawk_Spain
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » December 7th, 2020, 10:06 am

May just be you, try logging out and back in. If you still have problems let me know which web browser you are using and I'll try to reproduce it.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Hawk_Spain » December 11th, 2020, 10:35 pm

Nothing.. I tried everything... it cant load
I use the same Firefox i always used
Hawk_Spain
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » December 13th, 2020, 10:46 am

Hmm, I have tested it on Firefox(and am using it now). Try clearing your cache and see if that helps. If not we may have to try some more direct support if you're willing to let me see what's going on on your end. This wouldn't be the first time someone ran into a problem that I can't reproduce but is real and significant.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zappernapper » December 18th, 2020, 1:10 pm

Having issues with uploading to the Gallery. Sometimes when I click on Upload, it gives me a red box saying I don't have permission. Other times it let's me get to the page where I can select my files. But they all fail, with an error that says I don't have permission. I didn't think this was a premium feature. Using Chrome on my android. I tried switching to Firefox, and instead get frameX errors
zappernapper

Postby EMG » December 18th, 2020, 7:56 pm

Where in the gallery are you trying to upload? The gallery isn't premium so that's not the issue.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zappernapper » December 19th, 2020, 11:48 pm

The "you don't have permission" box will just appear when I click the blue Upload button on the nav bar. If I manage to actually get the upload interface to load, then I try to upload to my own gallery and they fail, giving me another "you dont have permission" error in the upload bar for the file.
zappernapper

Postby wohermiston » January 30th, 2021, 9:49 am

A file listed in the trending files drop down doesn't seem to exist."Limp Clitty Mantras". Searching this comes up with zip! How can it be listed as trending?
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » January 30th, 2021, 2:51 pm

Not sure how that ended up trending. Definitely have to check the logic.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JackDrago » July 3rd, 2021, 11:50 am

My pay files are no longer displaying as pay files on my own feed... They're still selling, so I assume other people are seeing them as pay, why aren't they displaying for me?
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » July 4th, 2021, 8:51 am

I changed things so that pay file authors can download their own content without having to contact me, but after doing so realized it causes other problems for the author :) I'm considering putting it back to how it was and letting authors download their files from the upload console.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JackDrago » July 4th, 2021, 8:54 am

Oh, I actually approve of the change. keep it that way, but just display the price to the author so I get reminded how much it costs the subject.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby profs896 » October 17th, 2021, 8:06 am

Trying to upload my first photo to the gallery, says I don't have permission though. I must be doing something wrong. Any thoughts?
profs896

Postby EMG » October 17th, 2021, 6:22 pm

Not sure, try logging out and back in, sometimes the site gets a little odd about logins.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby profs896 » October 18th, 2021, 1:59 am

EMG wrote:Not sure, try logging out and back in, sometimes the site gets a little odd about logins.

No joy, brown box saying “Error You don't have permission to perform this operation.” - this is when I press upload in the gallery menu.
profs896

Postby EMG » October 18th, 2021, 8:09 am

Are you in the main menu? If so, try going to one of the sub menus and doing it(whichever is appropriate)
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kanton » October 19th, 2021, 3:43 am

profs896 wrote:No joy, brown box saying “Error You don't have permission to perform this operation.” - this is when I press upload in the gallery menu.

Don't use the upload button (the same error for me there), hover over the house icon, then other links appear, including a file upload.
kanton

Postby kanton » October 19th, 2021, 11:20 am

And then choose the simple upload (from a drop down on the right), the standard upload doesn't work either.
kanton

Postby keileon » November 11th, 2021, 7:16 am

I'm having trouble staying logged in. The main site works fine, the sidebar always says I'm logged in, but when I go to the forums it acts as though I'm logged out. The login fields below the subforums appear, and do not work. I must log out and log back in via the sidebar to view the forums as a logged-in user. It'll be fine for a short while and then go back to having problems the next time I visit.

I am using Firefox. This occurs on my synced mobile version of Firefox as well. I started noticing this several days ago when switching to a new wifi signal, but I think it's unrelated, since the phone isn't connected to the new signal at all.

I have:
- Cleared my cache via Ctrl F5
- Cleared my cookies for WMM
- Opened WMM in a separate instance of my browser in which I was not logged in.

I have not:
- Used a different browser (I only use Chrome for work)
- Done any deep technical dives into the cause
- Done any significant browser/addon/computer updates recently
keileon
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » November 11th, 2021, 9:21 am

The forums, for reasons unknown will occasionally log you out before the main site does. The solution is to log out of the main site and log back in. Unfortunately fixing this particular bug is quite complicated. I AM working on WMM V3 when it is ready everything will be integrated and we won't end up with these problems.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keileon » March 20th, 2022, 9:43 pm

I'm still having the problem I posted about a couple posts up. This isn't an "occasional" problem. I go to the site, I'm logged in, I go to the forums, I'm logged out, I have to log out and back in in order to view the forums as a user. It doesn't matter where I log in or out from, within a day it goes back to this issue.
keileon
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » March 21st, 2022, 8:45 am

Unfortunately I haven't found a fix for this bug.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » April 5th, 2022, 1:44 pm

Is there already documented tech guidance for users who connect to WMM using a VPN? Is it possible that the servers used for the WMM site have disabled the network protocols associated with VPN?

As of yesterday (Apr 4, 2022), I started connecting to the Web through ExpressVPN for the first time. Today, I've begun making adjustments to that VPN connection. I need to do that because the VPN is causing 'glitchy' connections for some of my accounts & websites. If someone has already worked through this problem for the WMM site, maybe I can learn from them. Hope so!

Tech Detail: When I enable either the network protocol 'Lightway UDP' or 'Lightway TCP' (proprietary to ExpressVPN) both deliver an unreliable connection to my WMM account. Additionally, when I enable either the network protocol 'OpenVPN - UDP' or 'OpenVPN - TCP', they also deliver an unreliable connection.

Problem Symptom: Attempts to submit forum postings fail. When I go to the forums it acts as though I'm logged out. To submit this posting, I needed to switch-off VPN temporarily.
Is there any tech guidance already available on the topic? Is it necessary for WMM to enable a new/additional network protocol on their servers?
The chains of habit are too light to be felt until they’re too heavy to be broken.

Check out my latest journal entry: here.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » April 5th, 2022, 7:28 pm

Not sure of what might be causing your problems as we do nothing to prevent VPN use. My one suggestion would be to log out and log back in when using a VPN to connect as that might mangle some cookie information.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MasterJack » September 13th, 2022, 11:43 am

Getting page not found errors if I click any of the sub forums using the left menu.

If I double click on just the Forums button I can get onto the forum.
No longer distributing my files.
MasterJack
Mentor
Mentor

Postby EMG » September 13th, 2022, 1:12 pm

Good catch, I'll fix that.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby EMG » September 13th, 2022, 2:20 pm

Fixed
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby urboss » December 17th, 2022, 4:21 am

Is there a way to report or stop the current spaming?
urboss

Postby EMG » December 17th, 2022, 10:33 pm

What spamming? Most forum spam can be reported. If you're getting PM's that are spam let me know.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby urboss » December 18th, 2022, 3:04 am

It wasn't in PM's just basic copy and past most forum topics with irrelevant sports stats.
This was one of them drbenkert the other has been removed completly.
Would I just post here if I see it again??
urboss

Postby EMG » December 18th, 2022, 9:26 am

Just send me a PM, I review topics daily and kill spammers as soon as I see them.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Site Improvements