Tips to engage viewers/customers

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Tips to engage viewers/customers

Postby Jackstock » February 25th, 2016, 9:30 am

1. I hope its possible to increase the number of files shown on the Home page. The previous version of WMM would display a huge number of files. This is GOOD! Viewers like to browse and hunt. This is the human psychology of hunting and gathering, and that's what makes these things thrive. Currently only 10 files are displayed for each category (EMG, Pay, Premium, Free, Video, etc)
Please increase the number of files displayed, and bring back the option to scroll through previous pages of files. Some viewers have not been here in a while, but one can guarantee that they will be returning to Warp My Mind at some point to check out whats new. Show them ALL the new files they missed out on. It is currently somewhat difficult to view a large list of new files, and this is exactly what you want on your main page.

2. Add a Random File list, an additional tab displaying a list of random files. The amount of files on this site is massive, and finding little gems is exactly what people want. People enjoy the thrill of having this randomization. "Maybe I'll find something new and novel here?", why do you think Chan sites are so popular? Its that thrill. Always something new and exciting to explore.
Want to improve functionality of this tab so that viewers enjoy it more? Make it filter out the authors the make very low quality/unpopular files.
You could even have a little spot on the left side showing a random file (didnt we already have that before? I dont remember)

3. There was definitely a great idea to add in an image graphic to the files. Let's get that dream back in place. People love to see some colors, something to draw them in, give them a tiny visual preview of whats available here. Just imagine a little pink bow for a feminization file or a muscular arm flexing for a muscle file. Actually VERY effective, and brightens up the mystical majesty of the site. Just look at Vive's site. Every file comes with a high quality, professional photo (not that all the authors here have to go that far), and it looks astounding. It looks trusting, imaginative.... Hypnotic.

4. Bring back the profile page that displays all the Author's files. I'm sure this is on its way, of course. This is a crucial page. This is exactly where I did most of my viewing and downloading. Which means it is likely where many other viewers are going to find the good stuff
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Re: Tips to engage viewers/customers

Postby EMG » February 25th, 2016, 1:21 pm

Let's see...

#1 I may increase the # of items, but we always only displayed top 10 on the main page
#2 I like this idea, it may happen
#3 it's in the pipeline but don't expect it quickly
#4 very high priority
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tips to engage viewers/customers

Postby JackDrago » March 6th, 2016, 12:30 pm

I would like to second @JackStock on his reccomendations and add a few of my own. The authors profiles were always critical to the way I found files on this site and I really miss them.

Same thing with the subject ranking pages. They never really worked as well as they could have in the original version, what I would really like is the ability to go to a page that has good reccomendations for each subject, for example a page with "Jocks and Masculinization: all time top 10 (by ratings, by downloads), 10 newest, 10 most popular this week" and then click over to another subject and see similar.
Yeah, I know that you can get the search function to produce stuff like this, but it was SO much easier when there was the What's Hot page.

I also desperately miss the little box on the front page that featured the very most recent uploads (I believe it was 1 for pay, 1 for premium, plus most recent EMG.) I find myself much less prone to make new files and upload them now that I am not competitive about that tiny chance at site-wide publicity for a few hours.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Return to Site Improvements