File Navigator

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

File Navigator

Postby OxyFemboi » February 26th, 2016, 12:40 am

I suggest that the File Navigator be easier to access. I'm a long-time user and it took me a bit to figure out that you need to use the sidebar list to click on FILES without clicking any of the subcategories to get to the File Navigator. With 6,000-plus files, you also need a better search feature.

A few Random files -- one from each category you have at the top of the FIle Navigator page -- would be a nice touch. I have found files and websites I enjoyed by randomly typing words in a search engine. It doesn't work as well as random picking cards from a library's Card Catalogue, but it's a good substitute.
Peace Love Unity Respect

Ox & Honey & Yoshi & Rocky & Dave & Adam
Hypnosis & NLP are the install programs for fetishes and phobias.
OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Location: Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania, USA, Terra (Sol III)

Re: File Navigator

Postby EMG » February 26th, 2016, 8:47 am

I do have plans to change that a bit, I also plan to build some better tutorials for new users, but at the moment. One step at a time :)
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TerranceDC » October 2nd, 2017, 11:06 am

I've been meaning to suggest an addition to the file navigator: an additional dropdown box allowing users to filter files according to type of voice (male, female, ambiguous, human, etc.)
TerranceDC

Postby EMG » October 3rd, 2017, 6:56 am

I tend to agree, I also find that aspects of the search are a little hard to use. search by author should probably be more prominent and allow entry of author's name. Sadly, UI is NOT one of my special skills.

So, if any of my users is bored and wants to suggest a new more user-friendly layout for the search tool, I'm all ears!
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Improvements