Help Make WMM Active Again!!!!!

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Help Make WMM Active Again!!!!!

Postby blanketcross » March 26th, 2016, 5:14 pm

Do you guys remember the old days when the forums were active and lots of files were uploaded every day? I don't, because I didn't know of WMM at the time. And that sucks!

I am asking ALL of you to help! Please, please, please spread word of WMM around! This site needs activity and I feel as if the newer members need to experience the times when this website was bustling with activity, and some of the older members should re-experience them!

IF WE WORK TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Here is what YOU can do to help, and it won't take much time at all. If you are talking to someone online or in person that you trust, bring up hypnosis in a topic, and if they are close enough and support hypnosis say "hey there is this website called WMM...check it out!" If your on YouTube and one of the subjects is hypnosis say something like "Hey I like this hypnosis website called warpmymind.com ... It has thousands of file so check it out". Of course give a warning about the type of content this website has because children shouldn't see this stuff. M

HELP MAKE WARP MY MIND AN ACTIVE HYPNOSIS WEBSITE AGAIN!!!!
blanketcross
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Help Make WMM Active Again!!!!!

Postby EMG » March 26th, 2016, 6:33 pm

Thanks, I actually plan to add a way for people to like files on WMM on facebook etc. I'd avoided it in the past but the truth is some people want their kink side more public. Wish there were a way to like thinks on fetlife but that's not an option yet.
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby OxyFemboi » March 27th, 2016, 7:40 pm

There are some active hypnosis subcultures on Tumblr as well. That might be another option.
Peace Love Unity Respect

Ox & Honey & Yoshi & Rocky & Dave & Adam
Hypnosis & NLP are the install programs for fetishes and phobias.
OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Location: Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania, USA, Terra (Sol III)

Postby EMG » March 27th, 2016, 7:56 pm

There are also some on second life but I don't really plan to go that far. Still, every little bit of info helps. I plan to invest a LOT of effort into WMM this year.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JackDrago » March 27th, 2016, 8:43 pm

I have been posting permalinks to my files on my FetLife for about as long as I have been posting files here. Just click on permalink and copy from the address bar.

Would be nice if the files had an official share button, though. AddToAny has a free one for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Tumblr. A share button on every journal page and file permalink page would draw a lot of traffic.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » March 28th, 2016, 1:16 am

That will happen soon, been dealing with bigger(functionality issues) but it's closing in on the top of the list.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Route42 » April 10th, 2016, 1:35 pm

I don't know if it's possible for the forums to return to the "glory days" of WMM--the Internet in general has been moving away from the standard message board as a way of interacting. The shift right now seems to be to Facebook groups, subreddits, and Tumblr-style blogs/Chan-type boards. And being that I'm not a youth anymore (alas... is there a file for that?? Answer, yes, yes there is) I may still be behind the times on what the hip are using.

More important, I think, is trying to get more people to vote on files and comment on them. Right now, for most files, the only gauge we have is the # of downloads since most users aren't bothering to rate. That could be due to downloading and not listening (or waiting long enough that they may not even be sure what file it is they're listening to), but is more likely that they're not quite sure how to give a star rating to something like hypnosis. Is it fair to listen to a file, not like it, and rate it one or two stars? Because maybe it's just not your thing and is actually pretty good. Is it fair to listen to a file regularly for a couple of months, see nothing from it, and rate it one or two stars? Because maybe it's just not a topic your subconscious mind is willing to accept. Or maybe you are seeing effects and aren't even aware of them. The lack of ratings/comments for most files is understandable, but also frustrating as a user.

It's easy, I think, for a new visitor to the site to get overwhelmed by the raw number of files that can be downloaded. There are over 6,500 files (equaling 134 pages) available. And, if we're being honest, a good number of those are crap. But when good files and bad files have 0 ratings, it can be discouraging for the new user who hasn't learned to filter out certain, ahem, uploaders. So maybe one option would be a curated list to pull out the notable files and hypnotists for easy perusal--something for the new users, casual users, and anyone interested in browsing a variety of topics at once without actually diving into the full file list cesspool and place to go.

(I recognize that the logistics of such a thing probably falls under the category of "Too Much", but I'm just shooting from the hip here.)
Route42
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » April 10th, 2016, 7:39 pm

This is not a bad idea, I'm adding it to the improvements list. I am working to make WMM more mobile friendly and a few other things to catch up with the world, but there are basically 2 of us working on this and neither of us full time so it's a 1 day at a time thing.

So maybe one option would be a curated list to pull out the notable files and hypnotists for easy perusal--something for the new users, casual users, and anyone interested in browa variety of topics at once without actually diving into the full file list cesspool and place to gosing .
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jackstock » April 10th, 2016, 10:00 pm

Route42, The spammy, low-quality file thing is definitely an issue, especially something thats going to stop new users.
You should note that Subreddits, Chans, Social media pages, 9gag, etc, are NOT content creation sites. They are just connectors in the system that do a lot of sharing.
It would be great to clear out some of those low quality files, if theres even a way to do that. Plenty of users are just adding files and scripts just so they can get a premium membership, resulting in quick and empty media, making the site look bad
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » April 10th, 2016, 11:14 pm

Sadly, that is easier said than done. The problem is complicated by the fact that not every user enjoys every author the same. I know of more than one author that's widely considered bad but has their own following. About the most I can/will do is work on a way to let members report content that is actively offensive or is not hypnotic in nature. Even then it will only help so much.

Truth is we're a repository of data, a miniature youtube of hypnosis, and like any such repository, some content is golden, other is drek and the best anyone can do is to try and make it easier for people to find what they want. That's what I plan to work on this year, making WMM better in any way I can. it is NOT a small undertaking.

It would be great to clear out some of those low quality files, if theres even a way to do that. Plenty of users are just adding files and scripts just so they can get a premium membership, resulting in quick and empty media, making the site look bad
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wohermiston » April 22nd, 2016, 9:48 am

And yet, if you click on MEMBERS and sort by date, there is no lack of signups. averaging 5 per day or so. The forums just seem to be inactive for some reason. Maybe the political season is preoccupying people's time. WOH
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby OxyFemboi » April 22nd, 2016, 3:39 pm

WOH wrote
And yet, if you click on MEMBERS and sort by date, there is no lack of signups. averaging 5 per day or so. The forums just seem to be inactive for some reason. Maybe the political season is preoccupying people's time. WOH

I clicked on Members and sorted, as you suggested; there have been about 800 new members since the date of the Upgrade. If it is the political season, well ... watching the various US Presidential Campaigns is like watching a slow-motion multi-car pile-up on train tracks with two trains coming: you know it's going to be bad but you're so entranced that you can't look away. If this is the case, there should be some pickup between June 8 and the Republican Convention which begins on July 18, 2016.
Peace Love Unity Respect

Ox & Honey & Yoshi & Rocky & Dave & Adam
Hypnosis & NLP are the install programs for fetishes and phobias.
OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Location: Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania, USA, Terra (Sol III)

Postby EMG » April 23rd, 2016, 1:41 am

Technically we get even more sign-ups than that, it's closer to 30-50 per day but a user only shows up on the userlist if they've ever visited the forums. It's a bug that I will fix eventually but is pretty low on the priority list.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jackstock » April 23rd, 2016, 6:40 am

Technically we get even more sign-ups than that, it's closer to 30-50 per day

Wow that is HUGE :o
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » April 28th, 2016, 6:35 pm

Well, I found 1 problem today. Apparently most forums need messages from new users to be approved by moderators. In the move I wasn't setup as moderator for most forums. I have corrected both issues.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wohermiston » May 3rd, 2016, 11:04 am

looking at the old site on wayback machine, Jan 23 2016 we have these running statistics: There are currently, 440 guest(s) and 83 member(s) that are online.
this information does not seem to be available anymore, but there is a tally at the bottom of each forum, and I never see anymore than myself, maybe 1 guest, and maybe a bot from time to time. The Diaper forum hasn't had a posting in over a month.
The place really feels deserted. It would be good to have more stats, like before.
WOH
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » May 3rd, 2016, 12:07 pm

I hope to add some form of info module like that, unfortunately the old one reported users that were browsing files, the forum module here only lists the people in the forums. Add to that the fact that forums and smartphones aren't the best of buddies and we probably have a good portion of the problem. Still, I am working on a variety of things for the site and hopefully a few of them will increase overall activity.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby blanketcross » May 6th, 2016, 8:57 pm

As far as it seems (from the outside) it appears we only have about 2 or so workers for WMM's codes. You are right in saying that this website is like a YouTube of hypnosis. It is amazing how far this site has come and I can't wait to see what the future holds for it. Hopefully hypnosis becomes the new fad again and WMM blows up!

I have no problem with using the forums on my smart phone! In fact, for the past 2-3 weeks I have been using it just fine! The only (small) problem I have is that in some sessions, it doesn't remember my password but logging in is a fast 15 seconds that doesn't bother me. Now, I know this may sound crazy, but I suggest that you hire a few experienced coders (not saying that you aren't, I mean just look at this website!) who could help you out with fixing bugs, etc. honestly if I had any coding skills I would help you just for free files :).

May this website prosper greatly in the future, and keep up the good work, EMG
blanketcross
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Site Improvements