Story formatting tips or Preview button

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Story formatting tips or Preview button

Postby wrecker001 » April 23rd, 2016, 6:54 pm

I am coming back to the site after being a lurker around 5-6 years ago and saw the story feature. I write erotica as a hobby, so I thought I'll contribute something.

I wrote the story in google docs, and pasted it into the site's chapter input box and submitted. The formatting however came out quite wrong. All the line breaks were removed with text rnrn as a replacement. It would be helpful to either have a Preview button, like on the forums and some kind of formatting guide that is linked directly from the "Post Story" page.

Another issue, and this may be a bug, is that I cannot edit the story. If I try to submit the edit, I get the message "The title "undefined" is already in use". I am on windows 10 machine and am using the latest version of Chrome.
The story is called "Elevator Hypnosis".
wrecker001

Re: Story formatting tips or Preview button

Postby EMG » April 23rd, 2016, 8:12 pm

I actually plan to replace the editor for stories with something a bit more modern but it hasn't happened yet(current battle, Gallery). I will look into the edit functionality and see if I can fix that as it should be a quick fix.
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby EMG » April 23rd, 2016, 11:25 pm

I fixed both the edit problem and the /r/n problem, you should be able to cut and paste from google docs now.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 14u » April 28th, 2016, 10:43 am

I believe \r\n is now being turned into two <br/> tags. I instead suggest removing \r and turning every \n into a <br/>.
14u

Postby EMG » April 28th, 2016, 2:55 pm

I'll consider that since I still have the code open. Otherwise it may wait until I update the text entry entirely.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Improvements