Mind Melting Machine

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Mind Melting Machine

Postby EMG » May 31st, 2018, 2:54 pm

Effective immediately WMM now supports Mind Melting Machine files, these files can be played on your VR headset including your Occulus. I realize it's a small market but WTF, I'm a geek.
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mind Melting Machine

Postby Deskan » May 31st, 2018, 3:01 pm

That's really interesting and a thing I have always thought about, to use VR for hypnosis.
Really something to experiment.
Deskan

Postby JackDrago » May 31st, 2018, 5:35 pm

How does one make such files?
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » May 31st, 2018, 5:41 pm

There are tools on their website for making them, both the player and file maker are currently free.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jackstock » June 1st, 2018, 7:56 am

THank you EMG! I have been really interested in VR hypnosis, and I'm really glad that you have allowed HypnoticSwitch to post his MMM files here! I have tried out the software on SteamVR (Vive), and it's really great.
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Postby qatguy » November 27th, 2018, 5:34 pm

where is the vr file? please give me the link.
qatguy

Postby sarnoga » June 30th, 2019, 6:46 pm

I really hate being the voice of ignorance, but I have to ask....

What is a "Mind Melting Machine" file?

Is this something I should be looking at and exploring?

Regards, Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » July 1st, 2019, 8:51 am

Someone built a specialty player for the Occulus that plays audio with appropriate video for enhanced trancing. I doubt we'll ever have a ton of them but thought I should support the emerging technology.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sarnoga » July 2nd, 2019, 5:46 pm

Thank you for the explanation. It doesn't sound like something I cant live without, at least for now.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby chattime7777777 » May 24th, 2023, 2:37 pm

I guess I am curious why we have to have premium to download mmm files? If we already coughed up a lung for the equipment wouldn't it make more sense to just let others enjoy the hobby? Mmm is so niche as it is I am afraid it will die out due to no (currently free) filesharing related to mmm content.
chattime7777777

Postby cloudstalker » May 25th, 2023, 7:23 am

I was a major fan of the old Virtual Hypnotist program; unfortunately, the technologies it relied on were deprecated by Microsoft, so, although the source code is still available, updating it is not really doable, and only those of us with Windows XP emulators can still run it (and I can't get voice recognition to work properly because of speed issues).

One feature that I had just begun to use when Windows 8 came out (way back in 2012) was the programmability in the script editor. It was very simple, but good enough to do make the program interactive. It allowed variables in the scripts, and branching based on various factors, notably user response. So, for example, it could require a verbal response, and act according to that response (even something as simple as "Yes" or "No").

With more modern technology, much more could be done with this capability. Variations can be done based on heart rate and blood pressure, for example, using a fitness watch. And the current AI improvements on TTS can make for very effective hypnosis scripts. This would especially be useful on people who are having difficulty being hypnotized overcoming their inhibitions, by allowing the induction to be able to adjust to the subject's level of resistance.

Unfortunately, VH was abandoned before much could be done with this, and the makers of MMM do not really consider this sort of capability to be a priority (although it is on their list of future improvements).
cloudstalker
Regular
Regular

Postby notyou » December 1st, 2023, 11:24 am

You should have a look at xtoys-- it's fully interactive and plugs into bluetooth sex toys. It doesn't do everything MMM does, but it's full of possibilities.
notyou
Regular
Regular

Postby angel2342 » January 16th, 2024, 11:25 pm

Keep in mind, though, that xToys is, by and large, incompatible with anything running iOS
.From Stardust to Sentience.

(Submissively Feisty)
angel2342
Regular
Regular

Return to Site Improvements