Scripts for non-premium users

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Scripts for non-premium users

Postby genericaccount37 » March 15th, 2019, 12:34 pm

MP3 files are premium-only for the first six months before becoming available to non-premium users. I know that video/body/subliminal files are exclusive to premium users, and can understand the reasoning behind that, but it feels like scripts should eventually become free content.

I didn't want to transcribe existing audio, and didn't feel confident enough in my storytelling to get that initial premium membership. I only got started on recording files by working from scripts from an external source (one of the hypnosis subreddits) which allowed me to make my first audio file and get premium, which led to me having access to far more scripts than I had access to before. In turn, this made me more inclined to produce content. Right now you can only get those scripts if you've already made content or paid for premium. I know that premium serves the dual purpose of funding the site and incentivizing creation of content, but my feeling is that only a small percentage of those paying for premium are doing so for script access.

Basically my thinking is that we'd see more people willing to experiment with creating their own files if free users had some access to scripts, with them contributing more to the community over time. Even if scripts for non-pay files only became freely available after, say, 12 months instead of 6 it'd become a lot less intimidating to get started on producing uploads of their own.

I'd gladly make all my scripts available to everyone if I had a good place to host them. It feels like this is against the spirit of Stories, if not the letter, so I've never posted a script in there. Right now I just send them to anyone who expresses interest, so even the ability to opt in to making them free would be welcome.
genericaccount37
Regular
Regular

Re: Scripts for non-premium users

Postby EMG » March 15th, 2019, 8:40 pm

I will consider this, anyone else have an opinion on it?
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cloudstalker » March 16th, 2019, 9:44 am

On the "yes" side, I made the first Robo Mistress file based on the then freely available script for TrigSlave (by strange coincidence, just yesterday, I noted that I started the "cloudstalker" account here on the very day that WMM moved over to the current system!). On the "no" side, I recall that, at one time, you could get premium membership for transcribing a script to an existing mp3 that didn't have one. And that's a matter of work rather than talent, so it's an option available to anybody who doesn't have money or talent, but is willing to put in effort.

RA
cloudstalker
Regular
Regular

Postby JackDrago » March 16th, 2019, 3:35 pm

I think older scripts for free files should be free to all without limits. Maybe set a date (anything that's been up over a year is a decent suggestion) this site needs more hypnotists and study is how we learn.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » March 16th, 2019, 6:33 pm

I have decided that I agree, Scripts for non-premium files are now available to all users. I don't see scripts driving many users to buy a premium membership. If I'm wrong and sales drop to 0 then I'll reconsider. So, you can now download the script for any file that's been available for at least 6 months.
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Improvements