Members page

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Members page

Postby Jackstock » August 16th, 2019, 4:08 pm

Right now, the members page is just a list of 7000 pages of members. It is divided alphabetically.
In this state, it is essentially pointless because no one is going to use this page.
Maybe there could be a search query option, or a 'who's online' option, new users, or divided by country.
The page could be just removed entirely from the menu for the sake of simplicity.

Also, I don't think there is a need for links to ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, Jabber in profiles.
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Re: Members page

Postby EMG » August 17th, 2019, 7:18 am

Member search will be updated, I agree, right now it's basically junk. But you CAN find a member, there's an option you probably didn't see called "find a member" at the top of the page that once selected allows for a range of search criteria.

I also agree about the profiles, both user profiles and the sign up process are on my hit list.

I'm currently working on a revamp of the sales tracking system in my spare time, when I'm done with that there's a good chance I'll be working on one of these items. I also want to update to the latest version of phpbb but they changed the login system to make it a lot less friendly to merging into other platforms.
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby EMG » August 17th, 2019, 8:17 am

Quick note, found a hack, the member page now defaults to having the search options at the top.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jackstock » August 19th, 2019, 8:46 am

Good stuff! at least usable for the time being now
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » August 19th, 2019, 9:08 am

Yeah, I do want to make something that's more useful, but that's not likely to happen quickly. The site gets about 10-15 hours a week of development time between myself and others and you'd be surprised how little that actually represents.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Improvements