voting

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

voting

Postby mat422 » April 12th, 2006, 12:42 pm

I was just looking through the voting and realized the one with the most votes is CurseFemalVoice. Seriously, does anyone actually see a use for this? Would anyone use this? My suggestion is feminization should have a completely different voting page. I don't mean a different section like it has now but a different page so their is no way feminization files are always above actually good files that might have stood a chance. Just my opinion.
mat422
Regular
Regular

Re: voting

Postby nuit09 » April 12th, 2006, 2:24 pm

mat422 wrote:I was just looking through the voting and realized the one with the most votes is CurseFemalVoice. Seriously, does anyone actually see a use for this? Would anyone use this? My suggestion is feminization should have a completely different voting page. I don't mean a different section like it has now but a different page so their is no way feminization files are always above actually good files that might have stood a chance. Just my opinion.
There are large enough pools of voters to drive more than one file at a time to the top. i have a file midway down waiting for enough votes to be made. it's not the fem files that keep files down it's the truly vapidly written files of interest to only a few people that do it. EMG takes files from the top of each category to make. Not just the top of the "all" list. I asked him about that personally. so the top of each category gets made as he has time and inclination. The fem files are not stopping your idea of good files because they are likely in another category from them in the first place.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby tharcod » April 17th, 2006, 8:10 pm

It would be helpful also to have some moderation of the voting page, or at least to remove the ones that you've done.

If you look at the top files, many of these have been (in some cases, not so recently) done, and are largely there due to inertia or due to the files not moving, yet, to the free area of the site. :-)
tharcod

Return to Site Improvements