Feature Request: Audio Preview

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Feature Request: Audio Preview

Postby lauraparidae » January 26th, 2020, 12:58 pm

I think the files would sell better if it was possible to preview something like the first 20-60 seconds of an MP3 before paying for it.
lauraparidae
Regular
Regular

Re: Feature Request: Audio Preview

Postby EMG » January 26th, 2020, 3:55 pm

I have begun a major rework on the site and I will consider it, but would tend to want something other than the first 20-60 seconds since that is almost always just part of an induction.
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby genericaccount37 » January 26th, 2020, 5:21 pm

EMG wrote:I have begun a major rework on the site and I will consider it, but would tend to want something other than the first 20-60 seconds since that is almost always just part of an induction.

Maybe it'd be better (albeit more work to add) to make it optional, and configurable by the uploader. So you can set a specific portion of the file as the preview instead of it always picking one segment that might not be representative of the file.
genericaccount37
Regular
Regular

Postby Jackstock » January 27th, 2020, 9:20 am

I like the idea, but if its too much work, we should just make sure that the user has other files for free to make sure you like the hypnotist first. I think as long as you know the creator is one you like, youll probably like the file.
It's fine if the preview is just part of the induction. Users just want to know if the voice/audio is acceptable.
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » January 27th, 2020, 10:37 am

That's why I've always insisted that pay file authors have free content :) But I do understand the desire to listen to part of a pay file to see if it matches your own kinks/desires. It's not a high priority at this moment, but it is on the list as I move forward towards a more unified platform for WMM
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lauraparidae » January 29th, 2020, 6:35 am

I have bought two files from a single uploader and there were significant differences between those two files. Our work isn't always consistent and keeps evolving, so it's understandable that things change over the years. I agree that a user-configurable segment would be better than something that is just hard-coded. I would be OK with it being from the start of the file though even if it's just an introduction (very useful) and an induction (slightly less useful, but still useful).

I'm really happy to see that the reception to my suggestion was generally quite positive. Thanks!
lauraparidae
Regular
Regular

Return to Site Improvements