Subscription System

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Subscription System

Postby EMG » May 9th, 2005, 1:18 am

I am considering doing a subscription system that would allow me to offer more new files to the membership(while still keeping most of the files free). If I were to do this how much would you be willing to pay for a subscription with a guaranteed 3-4 files per month, access to downloadable file bodies, and premium voting rights?
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Crazy_Eddy » May 9th, 2005, 9:35 am

I like the idea, but I'd be more tempted by an annual fee, as sending monthly payment can be a pain in the arse
Crazy_Eddy
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » May 9th, 2005, 12:14 pm

I actually figured I would offer 1/3/6 and 12 month subscriptions with 6 and 12 getting a discount of some sort. I don't plan on doing a recurring billing system, I find them personally annoying, but may consider a reminder system so you at least know when your about to expire.

Crazy_Eddy wrote:I like the idea, but I'd be more tempted by an annual fee, as sending monthly payment can be a pain in the arse
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Crazy_Eddy » May 9th, 2005, 1:53 pm

EMG wrote:I actually figured I would offer 1/3/6 and 12 month subscriptions with 6 and 12 getting a discount of some sort. I don't plan on doing a recurring billing system, I find them personally annoying, but may consider a reminder system so you at least know when your about to expire.

Crazy_Eddy wrote:I like the idea, but I'd be more tempted by an annual fee, as sending monthly payment can be a pain in the arse

Oh Great!

I'd (most probably) be interested in that, as long as it isn't too expensive....
Crazy_Eddy
Regular
Regular

Let's get some views.

Postby sandy82 » May 15th, 2005, 5:10 pm

EMG has done a lot for the site and for all the users.

We should be ready to do something in return.

The subscription idea is a good one.

How much does a movie cost you?

(And you can't get this sort of entertainment at a local theater!)
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Subscriptions

Postby maskedwomyn » May 17th, 2005, 4:15 pm

Many of you would like to have more files created with this that or the other subject matter or a new take on old subject matter. Since i use Internet bill paying and sending a small payment on a monthly basis isn't a problem to me i proposed that EMG accept a monthly retainer and make me a custom file whenever i finished paying for the last file. Maybe that would feel better to many of you than a monthly subscription to the site because you would be getting custom files instead of just getting access. It is an idea that has worked really well for me. i find the files that i have EMG make to my specifications get listened to far more often than the more generic files which are available for free.

the masked womyn
maskedwomyn
Regular
Regular

Return to Site Improvements