Make or Break Warp my mind . com

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Make or Break Warp my mind . com

Postby Kaisyu » March 14th, 2007, 4:48 am

How about redesigning the website so gift to emg is not mistaken for files given to emg .
Kaisyu

Re: Make or Break Warp my mind . com

Postby EMG » March 27th, 2007, 11:15 am

Hmm, I didn't realize this was a problem, has anyone else done this? If so I'll put a $ sign in front of it.

Kaisyu wrote:How about redesigning the website so gift to emg is not mistaken for files given to emg .
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » March 27th, 2007, 12:58 pm

EMG, you asked if anyone else had misunderstood the link titles.

As opinion, I believe the solution you've proposed should not be made.

Yes, the proposed change would add clarity for a few members. But, as opinion, I believe it would also cause avoidable unhappiness for other members.

Let's face it - if you were to add the EURO symbol to the link title, it would make some of your USA members unhappy. The same is true in reverse for some non-USA members who would see "$"

As an alternative, consider updating the "Donations" module. On that page, add text that invites a user to upload hypnosis recordings and provide them with a link that takes them to the "fupload" module.

ありがとう
(Thank you)

MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby Jorua » March 27th, 2007, 5:29 pm

Very true, seems a better solution.

MN_FriendlyGuy wrote:EMG, you asked if anyone else had misunderstood the link titles.

As opinion, I believe the solution you've proposed should not be made.

Yes, the proposed change would add clarity for a few members. But, as opinion, I believe it would also cause avoidable unhappiness for other members.

Let's face it - if you were to add the EURO symbol to the link title, it would make some of your USA members unhappy. The same is true in reverse for some non-USA members who would see "$"

As an alternative, consider updating the "Donations" module. On that page, add text that invites a user to upload hypnosis recordings and provide them with a link that takes them to the "fupload" module.

?????
(Thank you)

Jorua
Regular
Regular

Postby sarnoga » March 27th, 2007, 10:41 pm

EMG wrote:Hmm, I didn't realize this was a problem, has anyone else done this? If so I'll put a $ sign in front of it.

Kaisyu wrote:How about redesigning the website so gift to emg is not mistaken for files given to emg .

I just don't see a problem. One clearly says Files - Upload, the other says Gift to EMG. How much clearer can you get?

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Time Best Spent

Postby goodservice67 » May 29th, 2007, 10:45 am

EMG has done an EXCELLENT job with this site!

Some of the polls for improvments are suggestions for REAL improvement. Some people confuse simplicity or 'fool proofing' with improvement. Some folks have become too lazy to use their reading and comprehension skills to have success. Why should EMG spend his valuable time addressing these concerns? I say focus on REAL improvements and encourage the lazy to spend a little more time FOCUSSING and READING what is presented.

Please note that I am NOT referring to intelligence here rather a cultural problem that seems to be spreading in the U.S. where everything is so easy to obtain that when something requires a little effort it is easier to give up or complain. Oops sorry for the soapbox moment :roll:
goodservice67

Postby Kaisyu » November 17th, 2007, 12:21 am

How about add a section once you click files where you can pick only to see Free files I think that would be a good idea !
Kaisyu

Re: Time Best Spent

Postby WhoreDoll » November 17th, 2007, 10:19 pm

goodservice67 wrote:EMG has done an EXCELLENT job with this site!

Some of the polls for improvments are suggestions for REAL improvement. Some people confuse simplicity or 'fool proofing' with improvement. Some folks have become too lazy to use their reading and comprehension skills to have success. Why should EMG spend his valuable time addressing these concerns? I say focus on REAL improvements and encourage the lazy to spend a little more time FOCUSSING and READING what is presented.

Please note that I am NOT referring to intelligence here rather a cultural problem that seems to be spreading in the U.S. where everything is so easy to obtain that when something requires a little effort it is easier to give up or complain. Oops sorry for the soapbox moment :roll:

That's something I see as a huge issue in the country people having this instant gratification mentality causes more problems than it solves. Sorry for the ot comment just had to chime in and agree with that comment.
WhoreDoll

Re: Time Best Spent

Postby Kaisyu » November 17th, 2007, 11:14 pm

WhoreDoll wrote:
goodservice67 wrote:EMG has done an EXCELLENT job with this site!

That's something I see as a huge issue in the country people having this instant gratification mentality causes more problems than it solves. Sorry for the ot comment just had to chime in and agree with that comment.

Well i am not saying your wrong just thought that would be a good idea at the time !
Kaisyu

Postby Mino » November 18th, 2007, 1:12 pm

if people really are confused then a quick, efficient fix would be just to change it to, "Give to EMG" which makes everyone happy.
Mino
Regular
Regular

Postby CeeDee » November 19th, 2007, 7:47 am

Been to several European , Mideastern, South American Countries in my day.. never met anybody that didn't like dollars. The $ sign means Peso's as well as dollars and many Nations call their currency "Dollars". And if not called Dollars then some other word derived from the Austrian or Czech ( there is some dispute) word "Thaler" which is the root word for the word "Dollar". At any rate, rest assured that "$" is as international as the sign for the Euro.

As to anybody that uses the Euro as currency, they as a general rule, don't like to be thought of as nationalistic, typical do not fly their flags like we do here in the US and I strongly thinkt they would be less bothered by the use of the "$" than thy would be by not having a currency converter set up to work with the shopping basket ect.
CeeDee

Return to Site Improvements