Voting Page...

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Voting Page...

Postby chromewhale » June 7th, 2007, 11:53 pm

Pretty simple really:

my idea is to have the voting page:
A. Alphabetized by name of file (just like the files page)
B. Have a tab for newly submitted file ideas

What do you think guys? 8)
chromewhale

Postby Jack » June 8th, 2007, 10:23 pm

Why not just have sort criteria like on ebay. So, you can sort by column: date added, # of votes, name of item, name of person who put the suggestion up, or whatever?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby chromewhale » June 8th, 2007, 11:25 pm

Jack wrote:Why not just have sort criteria like on ebay. So, you can sort by column: date added, # of votes, name of item, name of person who put the suggestion up, or whatever?

Yeah, that is a good idea :D . All I was going for was something simple and that I consider an absolute MUST on the voting page.

First off, I always like to check and see what new ideas are posted, but it is all too cumbersome most of the time.

And about the alphabetizing, that's mainly because I look at the voting page through ALL most of the time, and it seems like some kind rhyme or reason to the list would make it seem less like a place to dump ideas rather than a place to submit ideas in an intelligible way.

If I'm alone on this let me know 8O
chromewhale

Postby bubblebutt » June 8th, 2007, 11:43 pm

I think they should also be a way to remove files that were already made from the voting page.
bubblebutt
Regular
Regular

Postby Jack » June 9th, 2007, 2:48 pm

I think someone already performs that function. However, when all else fails, you could drop a PM or e-mail to EMG.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » June 12th, 2007, 11:10 pm

At this time nobody performs that function, but if you spot a file that is a duplicate of an existing file or another suggestion drop me a note.

Jack wrote:I think someone already performs that function. However, when all else fails, you could drop a PM or e-mail to EMG.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby EMG » June 12th, 2007, 11:11 pm

Over the next year or so I hope to implement things like that, but unless someone volunteers I'm the only person that does that work and I'm pretty busy.

Jack wrote:Why not just have sort criteria like on ebay. So, you can sort by column: date added, # of votes, name of item, name of person who put the suggestion up, or whatever?
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Improvements