Misspelling

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Misspelling

Postby CAINE » April 3rd, 2005, 6:55 pm

When you click services it says,"This is This is [color=red:6cb6ccc5e4][b:6cb6ccc5e4]he[/b:6cb6ccc5e4][/color:6cb6ccc5e4] place to order CD's, order specialty files, or advertise professional services."And also in the FAQ, Do the files work for everyone?These are generic files. They will not work the same [size=18:6cb6ccc5e4][b:6cb6ccc5e4]fr[/size:6cb6ccc5e4][/b:6cb6ccc5e4] everyone. Some files will not work at all on some people. Others will work surprisingly well.· Do the files work immediately?Only for a very few suggestible people. Your best bet is to listen to a file several times over several days. Remember, the effects can be subtle and can sneak up on you. There have been several posts from people, who thought that a file as not working then realised later that it was [color=red:6cb6ccc5e4]<-- should be a period[/color:6cb6ccc5e4] The file I'm trying isn't working, what should I do?Try some easy files like TrigFreeze. There is a file to test if [color=red:6cb6ccc5e4][b:6cb6ccc5e4]t [/b:6cb6ccc5e4][/color:6cb6ccc5e4]works. Not trying to be an asshole, just trying to help improve. :-DEDIT: I found another Major one that would draw people away from it...· Name: CursePregnancyDescription: For men only, this curse file causes you to experience a full 9 month pregnancy including morning sickness, mood swings, cravings, the whole 9 [b:6cb6ccc5e4][color=red:6cb6ccc5e4]years[/color:6cb6ccc5e4][/b:6cb6ccc5e4] all the way to contractions and the birth. The curse lasts 9 months and cannot be removed.I think you meant "the whole 9 YARDS"...Once again, I'm not trying to be an asshole, just trying to help every bit I can :-D :wink:
Just a man on a mission.
CAINE
Regular
Regular

Postby Billy_Lovelady » April 4th, 2005, 2:13 am

Nobody thinks that you're an asshole. Well... maybe SOME people, but I think that the S.G.P.D. are desperately needed in this topsy-turvy virtual world of spelling and grammar mistakes, and we're all thankful that you're around. A loud minority of people will squawk and moan about people who point out mistakes, but the rest of us view ones such as yourself as a valuable resource because when you're trying to make a professional-looking site, you need all the help that you can get in order to avoid embarrassment. Thank you, Caine.
P.S. I hate you. Don't worry. This is just my signature... or IS it??
Billy_Lovelady

Postby danmalara » April 4th, 2005, 5:15 pm

Yeah, if I find any mistakes, I will also post them. This site is awsome, if there is ever anything I can do to help it to perfection I will.
My MIND is happy. BLANK and empty. BRAINwashing is GOOD for me.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TrigMe » April 21st, 2005, 5:26 pm

$ Name: All The Files Price: $200
Description: For a premium price you get EVERY file from the WMM site. Not the mp3's, but every single file in it's original WAV format burned onto a series of 8 DVDs(DVDR+). The files won't get any better or cleaner.

"it's" should be "its"

I do this for a living, so later when I have more time I'll post more.

Should I be anal about punctuation, or should I let some of them go?
TrigMe

Postby EMG » April 21st, 2005, 6:59 pm

your call on how anal you want to be, just don't go after the files in the voting area as those are verbatim from what people submitted and I'd need a full time editor to keep those gramatically correct.

TrigMe wrote:$ Name: All The Files Price: $200
Description: For a premium price you get EVERY file from the WMM site. Not the mp3's, but every single file in it's original WAV format burned onto a series of 8 DVDs(DVDR+). The files won't get any better or cleaner.

"it's" should be "its"

Should I be anal about punctuation, or should I let some of them go?
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sandy82 » April 21st, 2005, 8:13 pm

TrigMe wrote:
"it's" should be "its"

A proofreader! A valuable, but endless undertaking. Do you ever feel like Sisyphus (only three times with the "s", not four) or the Dutch boy with his finger in the dike ("i", not "y")?

If you're a glutton for punishment, there are always the errors that spell-check programs don't catch:

they're, there, their; you're, your, yore; it's, its.

And the more unusual ones that slip by. As the newspaper story said:

"People went hungry in Karachi because of the crap failure in Pakistan."

Thanks for volunteering!
:)
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby kitnoki » April 22nd, 2005, 7:39 pm

Ah crap faliure... Never a good thing. Unless of course you're aiming for it with an incontinance file :)
kitnoki
Regular
Regular

Postby Billy_Lovelady » April 23rd, 2005, 1:47 am

it's is showing possesion

Actually, it's is showing abbreviation since it's is a shortened form of it and is. Its is correct because its is possessive just like his and hers are possessive without the apostrophe.
P.S. I hate you. Don't worry. This is just my signature... or IS it??
Billy_Lovelady

Postby liljonny » April 26th, 2005, 3:42 pm

I have seen some really bad errors in the voting list, but it is not just spelling errors, there are gramitical errors too. I am not that good at spelling myself but they stick out like a sore thumb to me. I don't see how anyone would have the time to correct the errors. In some cases the errors are so bad that I have a feeling that the poster may be 14 years old, especially in diaper files.

[quote="EMG"]your call on how anal you want to be, just don't go after the files in the voting area as those are verbatim from what people submitted and I'd need a full time editor to keep those gramatically correct.
Last edited by liljonny on April 28th, 2005, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liljonny
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sandy82 » April 26th, 2005, 4:52 pm

Liljonny, you're right. An additional problem is that the errors can be so unusual that you can't tell what the writer meant. In that case, you might be changing the whole idea of his suggestion.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby liljonny » April 30th, 2005, 3:22 pm

There are some places where the discreption of the file is the same as it was on the voting list before it was commissioned. One example is CursePenisShrink. "It says "It will be a permanent trigger(maybe “no erection”) that will bring back all the effects of the original curse for 9 months." While this isn't a spelling error, it is not what the trigger actually is.

EMG wrote:your call on how anal you want to be, just don't go after the files in the voting area as those are verbatim from what people submitted and I'd need a full time editor to keep those gramatically correct.

[/quote]
liljonny
Mentor
Mentor

Postby EMG » April 30th, 2005, 8:12 pm

Ok, then what is the trigger, I don't remember off the top of my head, but would happily correct it.

liljonny wrote:There are some places where the discreption of the file is the same as it was on the voting list before it was commissioned. One example is CursePenisShrink. "It says "It will be a permanent trigger(maybe “no erection”) that will bring back all the effects of the original curse for 9 months." While this isn't a spelling error, it is not what the trigger actually is.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby makidas » April 30th, 2005, 8:32 pm

wouldn't it be a bad idea to put the actual trigger? this could unintentionally bring on the effects from the file, no?
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby liljonny » May 1st, 2005, 5:58 am

The actual trigger is "time for my penis to shrink." and it can only be self triggered, I believe.

EMG wrote:Ok, then what is the trigger, I don't remember off the top of my head, but would happily correct it.

liljonny wrote:There are some places where the discreption of the file is the same as it was on the voting list before it was commissioned. One example is CursePenisShrink. "It says "It will be a permanent trigger(maybe “no erection”) that will bring back all the effects of the original curse for 9 months." While this isn't a spelling error, it is not what the trigger actually is.
liljonny
Mentor
Mentor

Postby blackmagic91 » May 4th, 2005, 10:01 am

danmalara wrote:Yeah, if I find any mistakes, I will also post them. This site is awsome, if there is ever anything I can do to help it to perfection I will.

It's awesome not awsome.
blackmagic91

Postby sandy82 » May 4th, 2005, 1:41 pm

blackmagic91 wrote:
danmalara wrote:Yeah, if I find any mistakes, I will also post them. This site is awsome, if there is ever anything I can do to help it to perfection I will.

It's awesome not awsome.

You're right, of course, BM. But "awful" used to be "aweful"--full of awe. People were filled with awe when they saw something awesome.

Awful, awsome. Dan's ahead of his time.

BM, I see that this was your first post. Keep up the good work. Also, be pleasant to EMG because he's going to be a very rich man. He's doing up a file right now, in which the subliminal message is "every time you make a spelling error, you will send ten bucks to my bank account in the Cayman Islands."

He'll be a gazillionaire by the end of the month. :)
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » May 4th, 2005, 3:03 pm

sandy82 wrote:
BM, I see that this was your first post. Keep up the good work. Also, be pleasant to EMG because he's going to be a very rich man. He's doing up a file right now, in which the subliminal message is "every time you make a spelling error, you will send ten bucks to my bank account in the Cayman Islands."

He'll be a gazillionaire by the end of the month. :)

Hey, what have I said about telling people MY secrets. Go listen to the When I tell EMG's secrets it feels like I'm being tortured file and send me $10 for using the word gazillionaire. ;)
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sandy82 » May 5th, 2005, 9:36 am

EMG wrote:
sandy82 wrote: He'll be a gazillionaire by the end of the month. :)

Hey, what have I said about telling people MY secrets. Go listen to the When I tell EMG's secrets it feels like I'm being tortured file and send me $10 for using the word gazillionaire. ;)

It's a deal!
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Return to Site Improvements