Journal acting funny

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Journal acting funny

Postby LilJennie » March 17th, 2008, 9:06 am

Funny strange, not funny ha-ha. :)

The first journal entry I posted, I just used carriage returns to try to separate paragraphs, but the entry showed up as one big block of text. OK, I tried to edit the entry and add some HTML <p> tags.

I made my changes, hit Modify Entry, it said "Entry successfully modified" ... and nothing was different. I hit Edit again and my changes were gone. Apparently Edit doesn't work.

Today I made another entry and carefully used paragraph HTML tags to separate my paragraphs. No luck. One huge block of text. Apparently those get ignored. And of course Edit doesn't work, so I can't change my entry again.

Other people seem to be able to post without trouble. What am I doing wrong?

I wish there were a Preview button so I could see what it was going to look like before I posted. Or that the Edit feature would work.
LilJennie
Regular
Regular

Re: Journal acting funny

Postby EMG » March 17th, 2008, 11:03 am

you aren't doing anything wrong, I'll look into fixing that bug as it is a bug.

LilJennie wrote:Funny strange, not funny ha-ha. :)

The first journal entry I posted, I just used carriage returns to try to separate paragraphs, but the entry showed up as one big block of text. OK, I tried to edit the entry and add some HTML <p> tags.

I made my changes, hit Modify Entry, it said "Entry successfully modified" ... and nothing was different. I hit Edit again and my changes were gone. Apparently Edit doesn't work.

Today I made another entry and carefully used paragraph HTML tags to separate my paragraphs. No luck. One huge block of text. Apparently those get ignored. And of course Edit doesn't work, so I can't change my entry again.

Other people seem to be able to post without trouble. What am I doing wrong?

I wish there were a Preview button so I could see what it was going to look like before I posted. Or that the Edit feature would work.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LilJennie » March 17th, 2008, 12:33 pm

EMG wrote:you aren't doing anything wrong, I'll look into fixing that bug as it is a bug.

Oh, thank you! That was a fast reply!
LilJennie
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » March 17th, 2008, 9:30 pm

The bug has been fixed. You should now be able to edit old entries. And, yes, it would probably be nice to verify your changes before posting but there are limits to how much time I wanted to spend on that.

LilJennie wrote:
EMG wrote:you aren't doing anything wrong, I'll look into fixing that bug as it is a bug.

Oh, thank you! That was a fast reply!
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LilJennie » March 18th, 2008, 9:29 am

EMG wrote:The bug has been fixed. You should now be able to edit old entries. And, yes, it would probably be nice to verify your changes before posting but there are limits to how much time I wanted to spend on that.

Well if you can now edit entries, a preview feature has become less necessary. Thank you!
LilJennie
Regular
Regular

Return to Site Improvements