Just a thought from a Newbie.

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Just a thought from a Newbie.

Postby gdawg28092 » August 15th, 2008, 8:03 am

Being fairly new to this , I have looked at alot of post in the different forums and found that the new people like myself always seem to ask the same questions, maybe worded differently, but generally they are the same. I don't know much about website design or how much time and effort it takes to do such things, but I have an idea for this site that may help us newbies. What if you had a tutoial section for newbies in the main menu. I know you have the FAQ that covers most of the general stuff,but going by all the posts most people don't think to look there. I guess a section sorta like the forums where you could add questions to have answered but with serious answers only, you know the forums get kinda off track from time to time, with silly or snide comments, and no matter how dumb the question is the newbie would really like a serious answer. People sometimes forget after being here for along time that it is all new to some of us. Any way it's just a thought, I hope you understand where I am coming from and maybe it helps someone in the future.

Thanks for Listening,
G
gdawg28092
Regular
Regular

Re: Just a thought from a Newbie.

Postby EMG » August 15th, 2008, 10:29 am

Your idea is not a bad idea at all and is one I've been considering myself a bit lately. We could use tutorials on a variety of topics as well as a more comprehensive FAQ. Anyone willing to write a tutorial on some aspect of the site? I'l probably be willing to compensate you in some non-monetary way(files or premium access).

gdawg28092 wrote:Being fairly new to this , I have looked at alot of post in the different forums and found that the new people like myself always seem to ask the same questions, maybe worded differently, but generally they are the same. I don't know much about website design or how much time and effort it takes to do such things, but I have an idea for this site that may help us newbies. What if you had a tutoial section for newbies in the main menu. I know you have the FAQ that covers most of the general stuff,but going by all the posts most people don't think to look there. I guess a section sorta like the forums where you could add questions to have answered but with serious answers only, you know the forums get kinda off track from time to time, with silly or snide comments, and no matter how dumb the question is the newbie would really like a serious answer. People sometimes forget after being here for along time that it is all new to some of us. Any way it's just a thought, I hope you understand where I am coming from and maybe it helps someone in the future.

Thanks for Listening,
G
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby gdawg28092 » August 17th, 2008, 8:08 pm

Thanks for listening EMG. I don't know how I can help , but if I can think of a way I will be sure to write it up for you.

Thanks again,
G
gdawg28092
Regular
Regular

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » September 2nd, 2008, 12:46 pm

Please consider adding this question to the FAQ page:

http://www.warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=30820#30820

I've seen the question about sleep come up a few times.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby whatthe75 » September 2nd, 2008, 4:35 pm

I think the other very popular question or comment is " i cant go into trance" or " was i in trance". A lot of forum posts have peoeple saying they cant go into trance because they think it is something different to what they are experiencing.

And i agree the sleep one too.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Return to Site Improvements