Moderators Needed

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Moderators Needed

Postby EMG » July 16th, 2005, 12:17 pm

At this time I would like to ask if anyone would like to help moderate the forums. I currently need moderators for Idle Chatter, Diapers, and the new Religion & Politics forum. Moderators must be over 18 and willing to provide me with ID.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby davelowe1977 » July 16th, 2005, 12:26 pm

I am willing and able to help out moderating the Diapers room if deemed to be suitable. I fullfill all the criteria so far as I am aware. I also host my own phpBB forum which is just for my local area in the UK so know a bit about them. ID can be provided, etc.
davelowe1977
Mentor
Mentor

Postby VeryGnawty » July 16th, 2005, 12:53 pm

I would be very interested in moderating the religion/philosophy forum. I can provide credentials.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Postby morrcomm » July 16th, 2005, 3:00 pm

Religion *and* politics in the same forum? Oh, EMG, that's just asking for it!... :roll:
morrcomm
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » July 16th, 2005, 4:16 pm

Ok, then please send your ID to emg@warpmymind.com and since your the first to speak up and have some experience it's all yours.

davelowe1977 wrote:I am willing and able to help out moderating the Diapers room if deemed to be suitable. I fullfill all the criteria so far as I am aware. I also host my own phpBB forum which is just for my local area in the UK so know a bit about them. ID can be provided, etc.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby loadedkaos » July 16th, 2005, 6:00 pm

I would be willing to invest some time into moderating Religion and politics although I think Idle Chatter would be good also. I'm affraid I'm just familiar with being a regular forum member, but I would definately like the experience. Just let me know if you could use me. I will work on provideing ID.
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

Postby EMG » July 17th, 2005, 11:04 am

I've looked around and there are 2 more groups that could use a moderator. Those are The Voting Page and The Meeting Grounds. Anyone who is interested let me know and I'll make a decision early next week.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby isadora » July 17th, 2005, 5:32 pm

I'd be happy to put my name into the ballot. I've had past experience being a Moderator for a once semi-successful website (it's gone under but we're all great friends), though for a different theme (haha it was for video games, yes i am a nerd-girl!)

But anyway, I realize I haven't been here as long as other people have, but I'm pretty level-headed and friendly and would do a good job! Honest!
isadora
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » July 25th, 2005, 12:41 pm

Trying again. Having made some changes you can now see the names of the moderators for each forum. Several are empty. If you are interested PM me and tell me a bit about your experience and which forum(s) you want. Don't choose one that already has a moderator please. Moderators will be required to provide photoID so that I am certain they are over 18.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VeryGnawty » August 11th, 2005, 8:47 am

In that case, count me out of the job hunt. I have no way of getting a picture, seeing as how I lack the funds to buy a scanner, especially since I wouldn't be using one for much else.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » August 11th, 2005, 5:07 pm

VG: Just go buy a disposable camera, use all the pictures of things you'd like to look at(while using the first one to take a picture of your face/id/whatever). Then, take said camera to your local grocery store/place that developes film. Ask for them to place pictures on a photo-cd. Bingo.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby VeryGnawty » August 11th, 2005, 11:39 pm

That's a neat trick. But if I was going to go through that much trouble, I'd probably just look for a cheap webcam.
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » August 12th, 2005, 6:31 am

How cheap is cheap? $15.00? Disposable camera: $6.00 w/tax, developing and placing on cd: $6.00 w/tax, total: $12.00.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » August 12th, 2005, 12:58 pm

VG, I'm with Jack on this one. You can do the whole thing for less than a dollar, to the presumed satisfaction of EMG (who will of course speak for himself on the issue). Surely, you have some sort of generally accepted picture ID. How do you cash a check otherwise?

Whatever it is, splurge on 15 cents to a quarter, and make a xerox copy. Fold it twice, put it in an envelope with a 37-cent stamp, and mail to WMM at its PO Box in Colorado Springs.

That's a total of 52-62 cents.

Everyone knows you're over 18. Your posts give enough details to fill a life of someone considerably older than 18.

There may be another problem, and you would need to check it with EMG. You weren't around for almost a month, and I think the slots were taken. He, of course, will give you more particulars.

You might also want to contact the present moderators and ask them what they do, how often they do it, what the level of excitement and responsibility is. Keep in mind that the site users are a fairly independent lot, and they don't want a guide or a teacher...and they don't want navel-centric advice.

My recommendation. Send the PMs first. They're free. If the responses are sufficiently positive, then splurge on the photocopy and the stamp.

Jack wrote:How cheap is cheap? $15.00? Disposable camera: $6.00 w/tax, developing and placing on cd: $6.00 w/tax, total: $12.00.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Return to Site Improvements