Splitting off files area into 2 sections?

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Splitting off files area into 2 sections?

Postby boomsmee » June 14th, 2009, 1:28 pm

With the growing popularity of WMM the files list has gotten long, with many amateur level files crowding out the professional level ones. (Not to say that the amateur level ones are bad, but they tend to be more experimental and more of a learning experience, and do tend to require more feedback.) Well established hypnotists on the site would be able to pick which area they want to put their files in (EMG, Cardagen, SylviaBlack, etc.) While not so well established users or users that post more experimental files needing more feedback (adby, me, boffa, etc.) would post in the amateur section, however to help give more feedback to those who need it, the amateur section would have a shorter premium only time (1-3 months opposed to 6 to allow for quicker and greater feedback to those who need it most) But would not give posters to that section as much of a premium membership bonus as posting a file elsewhere(1 month instead of 3, but the difference being given to the poster if the file is promoted) Highly rated amateur level files, or files that EMG decides to move may be graduated to professional status.

I believe this will help weed out amateur level tracks for people who are only looking for higher level quality files, while encouraging those who are hesitant to post their attempts at hypnosis files due to thinking that their files don't match the quality of other files on the site to do so. I also believe that this will encourage people who haven't made a file before to try doing so. We could even have amateur level competitions to see who can make the best file on a certain theme.(with prizes such as $10 WMM gift certificate, additional free premium membership months, etc)
Last edited by boomsmee on June 14th, 2009, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boomsmee
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Splitting off files area into 2 sections?

Postby EMG » June 14th, 2009, 3:45 pm

That is actually quite an idea and I will have to give it some thought. Still, it's a good time for ideas like that as the site and the file system WILL be undergoing a major rework. It may be months before it's complete but I'm working on plans to make it a lot easier to find things as well as other other needed updates.

boomsmee wrote:With the growing popularity of WMM the files list has gotten long, with many amateur level files crowding out the professional level ones. (Not to say that the amateur level ones are bad, but they tend to be more experimental and more of a learning experience, and do tend to require more feedback.) Well established hypnotists on the site would be able to pick which area they want to put their files in (EMG, Cardagen, SylviaBlack, etc.) While not so well established users or users that post more experimental files needing more feedback (adby, me, boffa, etc.) would post in the amateur section, however to help give more feedback to those who need it, the amateur section would have a shorter premium only time (2-3 months opposed to 6 to allow for quicker and greater feedback to those who need it most) But would not give posters to that section as much of a premium membership bonus as posting a file elsewhere(1 month instead of 3, but the difference being given to the poster if the file is promoted) Highly rated amateur level files, or files that EMG decides to move may be graduated to professional status.

I believe this will help weed out amateur level tracks for people who are only looking for higher level quality files, while encouraging those who are hesitant to post their attempts at hypnosis files due to thinking that their files don't math the quality of other files on the site to do so. I also believe that this will encourage people who haven't made a file before to try doing so. We could even have amateur level competitions to see who can make the best file on a certain theme.(with prizes such as $10 WMM gift certificate, additional free premium membership months, etc)
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Improvements