a thread for suggestions for the voting page!

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

a thread for suggestions for the voting page!

Postby Kendai » April 13th, 2005, 12:42 pm

we could use a thread like this right?

for one, why not flip the list over, so that the newest files are on top? people who don't have the patience to look though alll the files would then see the files that need more votes BEFORE those that everyone has already voted for.
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

Postby camann » April 13th, 2005, 4:15 pm

Or maybe links to sort by date added or popularity... then we have the best of both :D
camann

Postby EMG » April 13th, 2005, 5:50 pm

you'll be happy to know that I plan on adding options so you can see the files sorted by both of those as well as alphabetical. When I get more authors I'll allow sorting on that too.

camann wrote:Or maybe links to sort by date added or popularity... then we have the best of both :D
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby demigraff » April 14th, 2005, 12:00 pm

It would be nice if, when you vote for a file, there would be an option to "notify me if this file is made"... just in case you are away for a while and don't notice it.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » April 15th, 2005, 2:13 pm

I actually rather like that idea, I have other higher priorities at the moment but I may be coming back to it.

demigraff wrote:It would be nice if, when you vote for a file, there would be an option to "notify me if this file is made"... just in case you are away for a while and don't notice it.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BobbyS » April 16th, 2005, 9:06 am

How many votes do you need to get the file made? Or do you just need to be at the top?
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby Kendai » April 16th, 2005, 9:16 am

let's see, i think EMG mentioned in other threads that it's a mix of what's most popular, and what EMG finds interesting. . .

yeah, having many different options would be neat,

i think it would be really helpful if there were a option to hide files you've already voted for, and another to show files you have voted for to check thier progress.
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Site Improvements