Member information

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Member information

Postby Mallic » July 24th, 2005, 2:52 am

I hate that little box in the forum index, which says "We have [insert current number] of users. It is very misleading. so it would be good to put another number under that says "we have [insert current number] of posting users". any thoughts?
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 24th, 2005, 2:58 pm

Mallic wrote:I hate that little box in the forum index, which says "We have [insert current number] of users. It is very misleading. so it would be good to put another number under that says "we have [insert current number] of posting users". any thoughts?

This issue has come up indirectly before. There are two boxes. One is on the left side, to the left of the Forum Index. "That little box" records all who are on the entire site.

Then there is a second box, directly under the Forum Index. It lists the number of people in the posting area--including those who are reading various threads in the Forums. Those in this posting area are identified by name and/or category. I am not sure whether those posting in the Journals are included in this number or not. Someone surely will remember. At any given time, the number of Journal users is relatively small.

What additional information do you want?

The site doesn't belong to me. I may have thoughts, but I have no publicly expressed views. The property owner hasn't asked for a public expression of views. If I'm a guest in someone's house, I don't entertain everyone with what I think of the furniture, the color scheme, the carpets. I'm grateful to be invited or, in the alternative, I don't accept the invitation.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Re: Member information

Postby EMG » July 24th, 2005, 6:22 pm

I think I'll go with a simpler answer than Sandy. It would require a reasonable bit of effort to do that so I expect that unless it's in the next version of the software I won't be doing it. I am, however looking into a better version of the who's online piece because the one we have isn't very informative.

Mallic wrote:I hate that little box in the forum index, which says "We have [insert current number] of users. It is very misleading. so it would be good to put another number under that says "we have [insert current number] of posting users". any thoughts?
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Improvements