Whole site slow

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Whole site slow

Postby Loci » January 9th, 2010, 3:01 pm

Hi,

it seems that WMM is really slow. Sometimes it lasts over a minute after clicking a file to download until the download dialog opens. Today at about 3PM GMT I got the response that there was a problem with the database and the site will be back in a few minutes.
For me it seems as if the database backend is under constant hits and cannot handle all the requests. Maybe due to many users or bad SQL-statements or database tables with little or no indexes. Maybe a site admin could take a look at this.
As I'm system administrator in a large environment I'm used to those issues and offer my help if needed.

Loci
Loci

Re: Whole site slow

Postby EMG » January 9th, 2010, 3:34 pm

I'm not sure if the bogdown is WMM, or Hypno-Fetish(the chat is php based). Still, there are a few things with the database that need reworked. It's in the queue after I finish 2 other projects, but I'm hoping to get to it early next month. Still, when I get to the battle I would be happy to have all the help I can get.

Loci wrote:Hi,

it seems that WMM is really slow. Sometimes it lasts over a minute after clicking a file to download until the download dialog opens. Today at about 3PM GMT I got the response that there was a problem with the database and the site will be back in a few minutes.
For me it seems as if the database backend is under constant hits and cannot handle all the requests. Maybe due to many users or bad SQL-statements or database tables with little or no indexes. Maybe a site admin could take a look at this.
As I'm system administrator in a large environment I'm used to those issues and offer my help if needed.

Loci
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Improvements