Comments On New File System.

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Comments On New File System.

Postby sarnoga » July 21st, 2010, 7:14 am

Hello everyone,

I thought there was already a thread on this but I cannot find it. Too bad, there were a lot of good ideas and suggestions as well as notes on various things that are not working right yet or have stopped working.

Many thanks EMG for all the time and effort that was put into the new system and is still being put into it. I can't speak for others but I sometimes take for granted all the hard work you put into this site that I get so much enjoyment from and most of it is provided absolutely free. Thanks for keeping this site up and running, for managing and maintaining it, and working to improve it. Thanks also to any who are providing assistance.

I was just learning all the cool things that can be done with the new system. but one of my favorite features has stopped working.

The ability to sort by file type has stopped working. Not complaining, just pointing out it is broken and in need of attention.

I hope this is temporary as I was already becoming used to the new system and finding out I could have a lot of fun with that feature. You don't get the lists all on one page like before but you can go from one list to another and pretty much customize them.

It is really nice being able to pull up a separate list of the newest files and limit it to mp3, or binaural, or just scripts.
Regards, Sarnoga.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Odd search results

Postby sarnoga » July 21st, 2010, 8:33 am

Under the special heading where you can select Pay, Premium, My Files, or Favorites but as of yet, not Free. It allows you to select two or more categories at the same time.

When Pay files are selected with no other filters other than sort by date, it produces 354 results. I would have expected more. When Premium files are selected it produces 334 results. When both Pay and Premium are selected at the same time it produces 2 results.

That can't be right, or so it seems to me.

Sarnoga.

Edit: just did it again and now with Pay only it produces 359 results with the newest being posted on 2010-07-19.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby liljonny » July 21st, 2010, 4:55 pm

My files doesn't include custom files. Category plus filter doesn't seem to work such as Diaper plus curse gives 0 files. Link is broken for diaper training and diaper training 2
liljonny
Mentor
Mentor

Postby zapnosis » July 21st, 2010, 4:58 pm

I think EMG mentioned something about a hacker targeting the site and some info being lost, I guess that's what happened to the old thread.

I'd also like to say thanks and well done to EMG for everything he has done and continues to do for this site!

Obviously the files are being sorted by catagory and that will take some time, but it looks like the file system will be very cool.

One little thing, when you open up comments on a file, a box appears to display it. It is not altogether clear how to remove that box and return to the search page. The back button on firefox doesn't do it... it could cause confusion. Personally, I liked having all the file details laid out across the page (as it was before), but that's just me. :D
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jexius » July 21st, 2010, 5:21 pm

zapnosis wrote:I think EMG mentioned something about a hacker targeting the site and some info being lost, I guess that's what happened to the old thread.

I'd also like to say thanks and well done to EMG for everything he has done and continues to do for this site!

Obviously the files are being sorted by catagory and that will take some time, but it looks like the file system will be very cool.

One little thing, when you open up comments on a file, a box appears to display it. It is not altogether clear how to remove that box and return to the search page. The back button on firefox doesn't do it... it could cause confusion. Personally, I liked having all the file details laid out across the page (as it was before), but that's just me. :D

Stop talking about us :'(
Jexius

Postby liljonny » July 21st, 2010, 6:54 pm

zapnosis wrote:

There is a blue circle with an x in it in the top right corner above the advertisement.
You can also click anywhere outside the comments box (this works for Firefox, haven't tried IE)
liljonny
Mentor
Mentor

Postby zapnosis » July 22nd, 2010, 4:55 am

liljonny wrote:
There is a blue circle with an x in it in the top right corner above the advertisement.
You can also click anywhere outside the comments box (this works for Firefox, haven't tried IE)

So there is. My mistake. Must learn to keep my eyes open!

Jexius wrote:

I'm sorry? Not sure what you are referring to.
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jexius » July 22nd, 2010, 8:06 am

zapnosis wrote:
liljonny wrote:

Jexius wrote:

Well you mentioned someone on the post who wasn't EMG. It was actually two people but meh. I was saying stop talking about us... :D Understand?
Jexius

Postby shadowcat444 » July 22nd, 2010, 4:52 pm

zapnosis wrote:

I must confess it took me forever to notice it too. The part that doesn't work for me is when I try to add a comment if there already is one, the submit buttons are off the screen and it can't be scrolled (stock Firefox, latest version, mac). The floating add is odd too, perhaps putting it in a backgrounded div would make it more obvious rather than the transparent bits.

zapnosis wrote:
Jexius wrote:

I don't get this either. Strange comment.
shadowcat444

Postby EMG » July 22nd, 2010, 5:44 pm

Several of the bugs have been corrected, and the banners in the comments/reports pop-up were a mistake that has been removed.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby shadowcat444 » July 22nd, 2010, 6:16 pm

EMG wrote:Several of the bugs have been corrected, and the banners in the comments/reports pop-up were a mistake that has been removed.

That fixes my problem, thanks for the quick fix!
shadowcat444

Postby shadowcat444 » July 22nd, 2010, 6:19 pm

Love the new sorts by the way :)
shadowcat444

Postby sarnoga » July 23rd, 2010, 7:15 am

EMG wrote:Several of the bugs have been corrected, and the banners in the comments/reports pop-up were a mistake that has been removed.

When I try to limit a file search to mp3 only I still get search results that contain some listings with only scripts and no mp3.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby Jexius » July 23rd, 2010, 3:22 pm

What I meant was it was me.
Jexius

Postby zapnosis » July 23rd, 2010, 6:10 pm

Ah well. Hope it was worth it.
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jexius » July 24th, 2010, 12:39 pm

zapnosis wrote:Ah well. Hope it was worth it.

How so? It took about a minute.

EMG isn't pissed and after all, you could say I'm making up for it (and some) ;)

Not because I felt bad. I don't know why I'm doing it actually. I just want to.
Jexius

psp

Postby mattwo » July 30th, 2010, 9:00 pm

It appears to work on my psp but takes too long. Any way to add the old version as an option?
mattwo
Regular
Regular

Postby liljonny » July 31st, 2010, 8:19 am

Some of the file listings look like they have HTML coding such as diaper training and diaper training 2

This is with both Firefox and IE.

Description: Purchase grants the buyer access to a series of Diaper Training files. People buying this set will also have access to a private forum for their discussion. :<BR><BR> <font color=#E01BFD>BabyInductionfont> - A guided imagery induction that uses nursery images to lead you down into trance.<BR> <font color=#E01BFD>NightDiapersCurseFONT> - You will loose bladder and bowel controll when you sleep. All dreams you have you will be wearing diapers in the dream.By day you will find you have increasing urge incontinence. TV commercials about diapers trigger the urge.<BR> <font color=#E01BFD>Curse24/7Incontinencefont> - A permanent curse complete 24/7 bladder incontinence and bedwetting that would include wearing cloth diapers and either pink plastic panties, nursery print plastic panties or plastic lined fancy Rhumba panties.<BR><font color=#E01BFD>StrokePantiesfont> - Every time you masturbate while wearing panties it increases
liljonny
Mentor
Mentor

Postby EMG » July 31st, 2010, 9:04 am

I am aware of the html issue and it is on the bug list.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ocntrl » August 3rd, 2010, 8:27 am

There may be a bug with the comments.
Files showing comments show no comments when clicked on the comment link.
ocntrl
Mentor
Mentor

Comments table crashed

Postby mistschaufel » August 3rd, 2010, 9:16 am

This is the type of comment showing regardless of whether the file indicates a comment (or not)

query: SELECT * FROM `File_Comments` Where FileID = '3489' order by Date desc query failed: Table 'File_Comments' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

or:

query: SELECT * FROM `File_Comments` Where FileID = '3061' order by Date desc query failed: Table 'File_Comments' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
mistschaufel
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » August 3rd, 2010, 6:28 pm

Should be fixed
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mistschaufel » August 3rd, 2010, 7:39 pm

Works now...thanks
mistschaufel
Regular
Regular

Postby zzzzz » August 4th, 2010, 3:23 am

there appear rn now in the description of an uploaded file i did yesterday

probably these were carriage returns and line feeds, now without slashes

there seems a filter active that does not replace the r and n with correct html

thanks!
zzzzz
Regular
Regular

black screen no comments

Postby boy_arthur_tx » August 5th, 2010, 4:12 am

when i click on a <comments> hyperlink, i get a black screen.

Last time i waited 2 minutes and then scrolled all the way up and all the way down.

When i double click anywhere on the black screen i return to the files home page.
Very respectfully,
Trainer ba, boy arthur, ba
boy_arthur_tx
AOL - Leth7luv@aol.com
boy_arthur_tx
Mentor
Mentor

Re: black screen no comments

Postby Kenn » August 6th, 2010, 11:09 am

boy_arthur_tx wrote:when i click on a <comments> hyperlink, i get a black screen.

Last time i waited 2 minutes and then scrolled all the way up and all the way down.

When i double click anywhere on the black screen i return to the files home page.

I have the same problem. To add a bit of information, I'm using Internet Explorer 8.
Kenn
Regular
Regular

Postby Tehrev » August 7th, 2010, 10:45 pm

I can't download any files. >_> Just as I was gonna record scripts for people.
Tehrev

Postby EMG » August 7th, 2010, 11:32 pm

Ok, what file are you trying to download? Which browser are you using and what happens when you click on the file? That'll help me figure out what needs done.

Tehrev wrote:I can't download any files. >_> Just as I was gonna record scripts for people.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jeshi » August 13th, 2010, 9:56 pm

EMG's video test doesn't produce any sound. I get a video of EMG clearly talking but after fiddling with all my setting I can't get it to produce any sound.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » August 15th, 2010, 7:22 pm

The problem is NOT at your end, and the file will be re-recorded. I didn't test it and apparently my camera failed to pick up any audio.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

EMG, love the discriptions on whats hot

Postby sarnoga » August 21st, 2010, 7:14 am

Hey EMG,

Just wanted to let you know that I love being able to see the file descriptions by leaving the cursor over a file name on "What's Hot." Great change, thanks.

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby kuperfox » August 25th, 2010, 10:27 pm

One thing I've noticed with the new Files system. Searching / Narrowing down seems to work fine, but each list of results is returned twice.

(Example if that doesn't make sense)

Let's say a particular criteria has 4 results.

============

Instead of "Showing 1 to 4 of 4 results"

Result 1
Result 2
Result 3
Result 4

============

I get "Showing 1 to 8 of 4 results"

Result 1
Result 2
Result 3
Result 4
Result 1
Result 2
Result 3
Result 4

============

(dunno if it matters, using Firefox on Win 7, got the same results on firefox on win vista)
kuperfox

Postby EMG » August 26th, 2010, 12:21 am

The duplicated results is a known bug and will be fixed.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix-D » August 31st, 2010, 10:20 pm

How do you download bodies, scripts, etc now?
Phoenix-D
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » August 31st, 2010, 11:35 pm

It should work the same way as the old system. As long as you're a premium member they should be available.

Phoenix-D wrote:How do you download bodies, scripts, etc now?
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ocntrl » September 1st, 2010, 2:03 pm

just a quick comment
file system is getting better every day
great job
thanks EMG
ocntrl
Mentor
Mentor

Postby zapnosis » October 11th, 2010, 4:11 am

Hi, well done to EMG again on getting all the file catagories sorted out. I think this will make it a whole lot easier for people to find new files that they are into, which with 2000+ files is exactly right.

On question: is there/ will there be a way for file authors to change the catagorisation of their files, or can only EMG do that? I would like to tweak the catagories that my files are in.
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Site Improvements