Tags for files instead of categories

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Tags for files instead of categories

Postby totem » June 25th, 2012, 6:27 pm

With the growing number of files you will get a bigger problem searching and organizing all the files on this website.
You *could* create more categories but it has a lot of problems.

You should consider allowing the author (and maybe even the users) to tag files based on their type, effect, trigger, target audience, if it is a free or pay file, and most important of all: it's contents.

It will allow people to either make a personal list of tags that interest them and/or a list of tags that doesn't so they don't show up when you look around.

For example if you aren't interested in furry, diaper or feminization files you could then have an option to hide them (at least temporarily).

Worth the trouble? On a sidenote Gmail chose the 'tagged' approach as well as it is far superior to the typical 'folder' structure of other email clients.
totem

Postby ProfessorPig » June 25th, 2012, 11:20 pm

if you just click files there are quite a few of the search methods you mentioned. adding a search for x without the key word(author, audience,effect,special) x would be an improvement. while nowhere near as convenient you could search for all the types of files except the one you are looking for.

overal though i think its pretty easy to wade through all the files on here now
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » June 26th, 2012, 12:25 am

I am going to consider this. Even if I keep the category system this may allow me to better categorize new files.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby totem » June 26th, 2012, 3:18 am

Sounds good :)

All previous categories fit perfectly into a tag system btw. You can automatically attach the tags based on their previous categories :)
totem

Return to Site Improvements