I don't like FaceBook integration!

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

I don't like FaceBook integration!

Postby rustyrivers » June 28th, 2012, 3:35 pm

I just hate the idea of finding out on facebook that everybody in my world can see that i like erotic hypnosis
rustyrivers
Regular
Regular

Postby Jeshi » June 28th, 2012, 10:55 pm

I don't like the buttons because they mess up the layout that looked so nice before, I know I'm never gonna use them, and I also have an irrational worry that I'm gonna accidentally click them and reveal to the world my secrets.

I know some people like to be open about it, but I'm pretty sure most people I know would just play Dr. Freud if they found out and it would get really terrible really fast. I don't see the point in Facebook or Google getting involved.

I could however see like, some sort of hypno-fetish.com equivalent making sense, since that's like the Facebook of Hypnosis.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » June 29th, 2012, 2:09 am

Just trying out different options to get the website known/seen everywhere. However, the FB/G+ seems to be slowing things down so I expect it will be scaled back as the first rule is that WMM has to function well.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby frosty46 » June 29th, 2012, 4:18 am

Where does this show up on my facebook so I know where to look for it and get rid of it.
frosty46
Regular
Regular

Postby rustyrivers » June 29th, 2012, 10:55 am

How about giving users a premium when they introduce new members?
Like fill in username get a code. Give to new user. They aply as member with code and both get to download 5 premium files.

It could give the site a boost
rustyrivers
Regular
Regular

Postby ProfessorPig » June 29th, 2012, 8:08 pm

frosty46 wrote:Where does this show up on my facebook so I know where to look for it and get rid of it.

if you are not using the buttons i dont think it will show up directly on your Facebook. from what i understand facebook track users IP adresses. they see what site you came from when you went to facebook and what site you went to after you left facebook. from what i understand they can also see when you enter and leave any website with facebook buttons on it. at the moment facebook does not sell this information, it just uses it to target facebook adds at you.
(does anyone here get hypnosis adds on facebook?)
it wouldn't surprise me though if at some point in the future facebook decides its no longer viable and they have a massive sell off of the information they collected.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby frosty46 » June 29th, 2012, 8:19 pm

That's weird, I haven't even seen the facebook buttons on here. I hope I set this up with my myspace email.
frosty46
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » June 30th, 2012, 12:25 am

Well, based on user response 100% negative and the fact it was slowing the site down, I pulled FB and G+. I am looking into other options but for the moment they're gone.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby frosty46 » June 30th, 2012, 8:45 pm

Damn EMG. Sorry. I think everyone still likes your site though.
frosty46
Regular
Regular

Return to Site Improvements