A lost cause

A place for Subjects and Hypnotists to come together.

Moderator: EMG

A lost cause

Postby Smfx » July 5th, 2007, 4:29 pm

I am offering myself to try and be hypnotized, I have some desires in mind, but mostly I just want to try and enter the trance state, and feel that very relaxed feeling. I have listened to all the files, free and premium, and had a TIST try and help. I am still getting nothing, and it hurts, but I want to keep trying. If someone is willing to try and help me, willing to put up with my strange personality, I am here

My Yahoo is Dendwood, talk to me, and maybe you will have a chance....or maybe I am just not hypnotisable. Well, if you have any responces, see you later.
Smfx
Regular
Regular

Postby Kharon » July 5th, 2007, 4:57 pm

Here is my unprofessional diagnosis:

Very interesteenk... You appya to be tryink too hart, mein freund, to achieve zis vunderful state, vich natyooralee leads to zese feelinks of fyle-yure ven you feel zat you are not achievink ze rezoolts you seek.

Stop trying so hard. Try to find some 5-8hz binaural beats and train yourself with those, perhaps even play them in the background while listening to a file. You keep trying and trying, when this is simply a natural state of mind. If you can go to sleep, you can achieve a trance. Trance is largely characterized by the brain-wave patterns, be they alpha, beta, delta, or theta. Theta is the primary target for a relaxing but focused trance, and ranges from roughly 4-7 Hz. This is a sound you cannot hear, but which your brain can process, by synchronizing its wavelength to the 4Hz differential used to produce binaural beats.

But how about some further background? Are you autistic in any way? This autism need not be severe, it may be a mild autism such as Asperger's, and I believe there is some debate over whether or not ADHD is within the autistic scale. I myself have ADHD and find it difficult to focus on hypnotic files, though practice (repeatedly listening to files, reading my own scripts, and working with close personal friends) has helped me to be able to enter a trance state without great difficulty. I used to feel the same way you do, though, that I couldn't be hypnotized.

Perhaps all you need to do is listen twice daily to the same induction as a way of practicing. Do not do ANYTHING else while listening to it, just RELAX and let yourself listen. Try different inductions until you find the one that works best for you in one listen, then stick with that one. If you are resistant, an induction designed for resistant subjects would probably be very helpful. Remember, nothing is immediate, and hypnosis is not a magical ticket that will give you everything instantly. It takes time and dedication, but it also takes relaxation, and not trying.
Kharon
Regular
Regular

Postby Smfx » July 6th, 2007, 2:57 am

Well, maybe I just have to make more time of total silence for listening. and work harder with the beats. the only real problem that I think I may have is restless feet, when I get my body totally relaxed, my feet start to tingle and hurt to the point I have to break my relaxation to move them, or loss my focus. Maybe soon I will find around that, and around everything, I just feel stuck now, everything I did lead to a dead end. It is hard to keep going, but I know I can do it, I just need to do the right things, once I can find what it is.
Smfx
Regular
Regular

Postby Smfx » July 19th, 2007, 12:31 am

I am still looking for a hypnotist, I had one, but he disappeared mysteriously. I would really appreciate the help of any TIST that has the time, it has been a while since I had a real TIST try me, so I am feeling lucky that this time I can really go into trance.
Smfx
Regular
Regular

Return to Meeting Grounds