Use an Independant Hypnotist for Susceptablilty?

A place for Subjects and Hypnotists to come together.

Moderator: EMG

Use an Independant Hypnotist for Susceptablilty?

Postby davelowe1977 » August 29th, 2005, 2:00 pm

Hi team!

Since I'm not a hypnotist, and I'm having trouble trancing in general (1), I pose the following questions.

Would it be useful to visit a trained hypnotist locally and ask them to make me highly suggestable to EMG's files?

I suppose that the crux of what I'm asking (having never had a session with a hynotist) is, would the one on one session work more effectively? Would it depend on the skill of the hypnotist, is it guarranteed to work, or totally hopeless!? I am conscious (and subconscious!) that it would cost a lot of $$$ (or £££ in my case). Would one session be enough or am I looking at weeks of it?

I would have thought that this question is equally applicable to a large number of us on here - so any hypnotists - reveal all - please! All other relevant thoughts would be gratefully received also.

Many thanks,
DCL

(1) I have tried all the inductions, deepenings, susceptability files an innumerable number of times, lying on a comfy bed in pitch blackness and in otherwise total silence without interruption.
davelowe1977
Mentor
Mentor

Postby MikeWulf » August 29th, 2005, 2:42 pm

I think that you will find most hypnotists are shrinks that use hypnosis to help people. Also, I don't think they would freely allow you to be susceptable to EMG's files because people like to sue.
As for the rest, it can cost lots and it depends a lot on the hypnotist. They will also generally make you come back multiple sessions because they like money. They will put you under and deep because they really never fail.
MikeWulf
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sandy82 » September 2nd, 2005, 5:47 pm

Dave, an expensive proposition, and uncertain results. Patience and tenacity may be the best approach.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » September 2nd, 2005, 9:11 pm

You might like Virtual Hypnotist, you could write a script designed to make you suggestible to EMG's voice specifically.
I may be wrong....

But what happens if I'm right?
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby BobbyS » September 3rd, 2005, 5:02 pm

Also, try the subliminal files such as SublimTrainSusceptibility.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Return to Meeting Grounds