Looking for new cult mem- uh... beta testers

A place for Subjects and Hypnotists to come together.

Moderator: EMG

Looking for new cult mem- uh... beta testers

Postby Blink » December 3rd, 2007, 8:19 pm

I've a beta version of my next file recorded. I have reached my quota for beta testers. Thanks for everyone's interest.

The file is titled "Foreplay In A Can," and the feedback so far has been quite good.

The file is not gender specific, so I need both male and female testers. I'm not looking for many and anyone who has sent me an email or PM thank-you goes right to the front of the line. So far, the female listeners have had a significantly stronger positive response to this file.

I expect that the file will work best for people who have prior experience with my Basic Induction, but the beta who mauled me ( ;) ) does not have such experience. The file does reference "good authority," but prior experience with "Good Boy" or "Good Girl" is also not required.

Please respond to this message on this thread only. I'll post an announcement here when I've reached my quota.

-- Blink
Better things for better living through mind control.
Last edited by Blink on December 4th, 2007, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby lauramcan » December 3rd, 2007, 8:32 pm

Thank you for the new file....I'd love to give it a try, sir! PM me for my email address if you need it. or i think you might have my hotmail. I can't WAIT to see what you have in store! I'll be a very good girl and post all results with the file.
lauramcan
Regular
Regular

Postby sputnik » December 3rd, 2007, 10:09 pm

Blink, I'd love to try it. I've had some positive reactions to Good Boy, and can give detailed feedback on your new file if you're interested.

Thanks,
sputnik
astrochimp@hotmail.com
sputnik

Postby Doberler » December 3rd, 2007, 11:11 pm

I would love to give this file a try

lebowski42@hotmail.com
Doberler

Postby spinikey » December 4th, 2007, 12:06 am

I'm willing and ready :)

babyspinikey@hotmail.com
spinikey

Postby Kittyboy » December 4th, 2007, 12:11 am

I'd love to help out and try it. :)
Kittyboy
Regular
Regular

Postby mary2006 » December 4th, 2007, 12:31 am

I would love to help you out.

Kayjames1234@yahoo.com
mary2006

Postby AlexD » December 4th, 2007, 12:32 am

Glad to hear that you have a new one ready for all of us! Can't wait to hear it (if possible).

nod1gdi@yahoo.com
AlexD

Postby cwmatman » December 4th, 2007, 3:46 am

I'm eager to try it out too, especially since I had the chance over Thanksgiving to listen to both the induction and Good Boy files quite a few more times.

cwmatman@yahoo.com
cwmatman

Postby Carolientje » December 4th, 2007, 5:03 am

I`d very much like to be one of your cult members.
Carolientje

Postby sublimetramp » December 4th, 2007, 5:23 am

Hi

I'm interested too!

Am new to the forum

sublime.me@virgin.net
sublimetramp

Postby Blink » December 4th, 2007, 7:20 am

Ten responses in about nine hours: I must be doing something right.

Thanks to everyone who volunteered. It might take me a little while to sort out the responses and contact everyone, but everyone who posted here should be looking for an individual reply.

Those of of you who've exchanged emails with me in the past know how slow I can be. I'll just go ahead and apologize in advance. :roll:

For anyone else who's interested in this file, I'll let you know where it is. I've got a script that I like. I've got a single clean recording of the text and I've got a music track that goes behind it that I know needs some serious work.

Depending on the speed with which my Betas can give me feedback (and assuming their feedback doesn't convince me to overhaul the concept), I should be able to tweak the audio quality and get the file posted within a week or two after all the reports are in.

Let's play!

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby lauramcan » December 4th, 2007, 10:36 am

I listened to it last night with interesting results. So cliche on this site, but i don't really know whether i tranced or actually went to sleep. I felt like i was sleeping, but i woke up when i was told to. Does a deep trance feel like sleep sometimes?

My other question....can i listen to this file in the background while i do work? I do research and a lot of it is data entry. Pretty mindless. BUT, i CAN'T screw up or black out. If i enter wrong numbers, i'll have my head chopped off.

PS- great music choice. At first i wasn't sure if it was going to get in the way, but i found my attention drifting between the music and and the words and then i 'woke up'.

Very nicely done, Sir :)
lauramcan
Regular
Regular

Postby Blink » December 4th, 2007, 5:58 pm

I've sent a PM to everyone who responded with a download link for the file and instructions for giving feedback. If anyone has been overlooked or has trouble accessing the file, let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.

-- Blink
Science!
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby Blink » December 4th, 2007, 6:23 pm

lauramcan wrote:I listened to it last night with interesting results. So cliche on this site, but i don't really know whether i tranced or actually went to sleep. I felt like i was sleeping, but i woke up when i was told to. Does a deep trance feel like sleep sometimes?
It can. There's a reason that sleep is frequently mentioned in conjunction with hypnosis. The folks who stare at oscilloscopes for a living will tell you that the EEG patterns associated with trance are just a shade up from the patterns associated with sleep. (Everyone passes through "trance" on the way to "sleep.")

For the record, you weren't told to wake up. You were told that you could wake up if you had stuff to do.

lauramcan wrote:My other question....can i listen to this file in the background while i do work? I do research and a lot of it is data entry. Pretty mindless. BUT, i CAN'T screw up or black out. If i enter wrong numbers, i'll have my head chopped off.
The file isn't intended as a subliminal, but you might be able to use it that way. I'd suggest you try it while you're doing something noncritical and see how it goes.

Don't try it while you're doing 200kph on the Autobahn, driving a D-9 bulldozer, doing neurosurgery or conducting a press conference.

You're not allowed to lose your head until I'm done with it.

lauramcan wrote:PS- great music choice. At first i wasn't sure if it was going to get in the way, but i found my attention drifting between the music and and the words and then i 'woke up'.

Very nicely done, Sir :)
:D Good girl!

The music needs to be tweaked a bit to get the sound just right, but the choice was easy. It was free.

Oh, and the rhythm of it was right and it is probably familiar to everyone who listens to the file and the theme of it was right. It's available at http://www.karaoke-version.com/en/. The tune is in the public domain, and they say that their version of it is "free" and put no statement of ownership on it. I took them at their word. They're getting credit here, and they'll be credited in the label on the final recording.

Thanks for your initial reactions. Let me know how you like it as you keep listening.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby lauramcan » December 6th, 2007, 10:10 am

OK...mas feedback!

So i've been listening to this for three days. Granted its not some hugely long time, but I have been getting very good results. I've been listening to it before bed and whether i've been sleeping or going into very deep trance, i kinda waver in and out of sleep before i wake up at the end of the file each time long enough to take my headphones off and drift off to sleep.

Results:
its hard to tell what positive results i'm having considering i don't remember much about the file after listening. The other night i noticed myself wriggling around when i was a little..excited. Didn't think anything of it until I listened to the file that night and noticed Blink telling me I can squirm, and that it feels good when i do.

Additionally, I have been a bit hornier than usual. I want to listen to the file all the time but I force myself not to until its too late to study at all anyway. Study guilt is a bitch. The song has been in my head all morning though. Its driving me nuts! There are a few other 'perhaps' changes that i don't exactly want to discuss in a public forum haha.

In terms of feedback for the final version, is there a distinct induction? Granted I seem to be blacking out quite nicely, but for a while in the beginning, i find myself panicking a bit because there aren't any of the familiars- no sand, purple phones, etc. Those are usually where i find myself giving my mind over to that familiar 'bored and daydreamy' feeling. Is it possible to get that effect where the sound in both ears is different? Those tend to confuse my mind a bit i find. Other than that, the file is fantastic. the music is great, your voice is great. Well done, Sir.

Ok. this is officially my LONGEST POST EVER. i'm done.
Thanks blink, Sir!
lauramcan
Regular
Regular

Postby ShadowSabre » December 6th, 2007, 10:27 am

I go offline a couple days because of finals and I miss this. :( I'm looking forward to seeing the final version. Well, hearing it, anyway. You get the idea.
ShadowSabre
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Blink » December 6th, 2007, 7:19 pm

lauramcan wrote:Results:
its hard to tell what positive results i'm having considering i don't remember much about the file after listening. The other night i noticed myself wriggling around when i was a little..excited. Didn't think anything of it until I listened to the file that night and noticed Blink telling me I can squirm, and that it feels good when i do.
I like a little squirming. Now you like it, too :) I don't recall putting anything into that file that would explicitly inhibit memory. There is a structural element that might be making it easy to forget the contents, or it could be your experience with other files where there was more effort in that direction. I won't know what's happening until I get more feedback. Forgetting is good, though.

lauramcan wrote:Additionally, I have been a bit hornier than usual. I want to listen to the file all the time but I force myself not to until its too late to study at all anyway. Study guilt is a bitch. The song has been in my head all morning though. Its driving me nuts! There are a few other 'perhaps' changes that i don't exactly want to discuss in a public forum haha.
Hornier than usual. "Foreplay In A Can." I'd call that success. ;)

If you (or any of the Betas) aren't comfortable telling me the changes you'd like in a public forum, be sure to PM or email me. I need to know all the gritty details to get the most benefit from your listening.

And about the song driving you nuts, is that nuts in a bad way or nuts in a good way? The MP3 that I used is available for free from the site I mentioned earlier in this thread. :evil: There is a house in New Orleans....

lauramcan wrote:In terms of feedback for the final version, is there a distinct induction? Granted I seem to be blacking out quite nicely, but for a while in the beginning, i find myself panicking a bit because there aren't any of the familiars- no sand, purple phones, etc. Those are usually where i find myself giving my mind over to that familiar 'bored and daydreamy' feeling. Is it possible to get that effect where the sound in both ears is different? Those tend to confuse my mind a bit i find. Other than that, the file is fantastic. the music is great, your voice is great. Well done, Sir.
The induction in this file, if you can call it that, is the most unstructured one I've done. Part of the reason for getting Betas is to see if I'm relying too heavily on anchoring from previous work to get trance or if people who are "unsophisticated" with my previous work will get trance. You've been listening for a while, so you're getting "the full dose," so to speak. You might be responding anxiously to the start, which is a little abrupt, but that's intentional.

Thanks for all your kind words. You've been the first of my Betas here who's responded, and you're setting the mark pretty high for those whose feedback is yet to come.

lauramcan wrote:Ok. this is officially my LONGEST POST EVER. i'm done.
Thanks blink, Sir!
I'm glad you went into <verbose> mode for me. I really appreciate it. I want the feedback, after all. And you remembered the Sir more than once. Good girl!

Thanks again.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby missypuss » December 7th, 2007, 4:41 am

Blink, Id be interested in trying the file out,
that is if the offer still stands?
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby Blink » December 7th, 2007, 6:44 am

missypuss wrote:Blink, Id be interested in trying the file out,
that is if the offer still stands?
My quota for beta testers for this file is full and I'm already starting to get good feedback.

I'm still waiting for a large number of reports, and I'm hoping to get more refined feedback from some of the listeners who've contacted me via various means. I should be posting an update about file status soon.

Thanks very much for your interest.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby missypuss » December 7th, 2007, 9:37 am

Cant blame a girl for trying...... :twisted: xx
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby Carolientje » December 7th, 2007, 1:17 pm

After listening to the file for a few days here's my attempt at some feedback;

The first time I listened to the file, I lost at least some time, I woke up shaking and panting, let me put it this way when I think back to it it still gives me the shivers ,altough it did take me about half an hour to get over the edge, haven`t had that effect after the first time sadly.

The second time I listened to it I woke up craving Irish Coffee for some reason, don`t know if that`s in the file or just my own twisted mind.

Other then being a bit hornier then usual during the day there have been no other effects after waking up after the first two time.

Some criticism; could be me but it feels like the music is just a tiny bit too loud, also there seems to be a bit of background noise behind your voice and the music and the loop isn`t exactly seamless which often wakes me up.

All in all a pretty good file, altough like lauramcan I`m missing an induction altough it isn`t keeping me from going in trance
Carolientje

Postby lorcain » December 7th, 2007, 2:48 pm

Carolientje wrote:
I woke up craving Irish Coffee

Yeah, must be you, it's certainly not the Irish attempt to take over the world or anything... 8O

The thing I'm curious about is when this file will be going on the virtual shelves here... Do you have a release date in mind yet Blink? Or will you let the suspense build for a few more days or weeks :twisted:
lorcain
Regular
Regular

Postby Blink » December 7th, 2007, 6:52 pm

Carolientje wrote:The first time I listened to the file, I lost at least some time, I woke up shaking and panting, let me put it this way when I think back to it it still gives me the shivers ,altough it did take me about half an hour to get over the edge, haven`t had that effect after the first time sadly.
:D I'm glad you had such profound effects the first time out. I wonder what might be inhibiting a repeat performance. With the notable exception of suicide, anything you do once, you can do again.

Carolientje wrote:The second time I listened to it I woke up craving Irish Coffee for some reason, don`t know if that`s in the file or just my own twisted mind.
There are some culinary references in this file (I'm sure that statement is going to prompt some curiosity). One respondent has reported a significantly decreased sense of aversion to the taste of semen. If I start getting that consistently, I'll be expecting a telegram from the Nobel committee. The references I've mentioned are without any particular guidance other than the greater context of the file. I'm interested to see how listeners' reactions manifest. (Irish Coffee? That's a particularly good variation, I think.)

Carolientje wrote:Other then being a bit hornier then usual during the day there have been no other effects after waking up after the first two time.
Again, "Foreplay In A Can." Hornier than usual. We seem to be hitting the target.

Carolientje wrote:Some criticism; could be me but it feels like the music is just a tiny bit too loud, also there seems to be a bit of background noise behind your voice and the music and the loop isn`t exactly seamless which often wakes me up.
There are known issues with the audio quality. I know I'm going to have to re-mix, if not re-record prior to releasing a final version. The large loop isn't perfectly seamless and the small loops are not perfectly seamless. I know I can do better, but I doubt I can get either of them perfect.

Carolientje wrote:All in all a pretty good file, altough like lauramcan I`m missing an induction altough it isn`t keeping me from going in trance
:D You said that you lost time on the first listen. Functionally, it doesn't get any better than that.

What would you get out of a longer induction? (I suspect you and lauramcan just like hearing my voice. :wink: ) If it really needs more, I'll add it, but so far it seems to be working with the unstructured minimalism.

Thanks very, very much for your detailed feedback. The responses I'm getting are what I'd been hoping for. I hope to hear from the rest of the Betas soon, and to get second (and later) impressions from the folks who've already sounded off.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby tulsi » December 8th, 2007, 10:26 pm

I know that Blink already has heard my report, but I thought I would add one here for the benefit of the curious people eagerly awaiting the public release of this file.

I was a little confused at first with the way it just started abruptly, and wondered if it was a mistake until later when I realized that it looped. So now I am prepared for the abrupt start and it doesn't bother me at all anymore.

The background music was nice for me, my brain always has a song in it anyway, and usually the song in my head distracts me from a file I'm listening to. Having a song as part of the file, plus being given permission to drift attention back and forth made it really effective!

I know that during the file I was aware of the words and everything, but looking back now it is hard to remember exactly what those words were. Not as deep as the trances I go into for Basic, but deeper than in the Good Girl file. Maybe a longer induction, like the others commented on, might deepen it, but either way I am enjoying it.

My first listen has been the most powerful so far. I definately got squrimy and hot, and was extremely surprised at the end when I had an unexpected "conclusion," as the file says. My first hypno orgasam. I was really excited! Haven't had that result again, but it isn't even an intended result, so I am satisfied that it happened once.

Very good file, and I like that it reuses the triggers and words from the other files.
tulsi

Postby lauramcan » December 9th, 2007, 9:21 am

tulsi wrote: Having a song as part of the file, plus being given permission to drift attention back and forth made it really effective!

Tulsi, i swear you and i are the same person when it comes to this stuff, haha. I couldn't agree with you more. Its been said a hundred times in the forums, but hearing it during the file made me really feel like it was ok. I think that's the point where i really start going in and out of consciousness.

tulsi wrote: I know that during the file I was aware of the words and everything, but looking back now it is hard to remember exactly what those words were.

This is exactly the feeling I have about it. I know i hear the whole thing, but its almost like i'm hearing it in my sleep...dreaming. Then at the end, i 'wake up'. It feels wonderful :)

Can't wait for the final version!
lauramcan
Regular
Regular

Postby AlexD » December 11th, 2007, 1:18 am

Sorry about this belated response, but I had to try listening to this 2 extra times because I thought I messed up somehow. Let me explain I guess. 8O

So all 3 times I listened to it in the evening in my bed before I go to sleep. Basically I listen to 9 files out of 10 at this time and for the most part I don't have issues with falling asleep during a file. So to my surprise I put on the file, started listening to the music and induction, and that's all I can recall.

The next morning I woke up with my mp3 player's headphones in my ears. All I can remember from it was the first few minutes in that was it. Hadn't happened to me before, but I just figured I was really tired and I fell asleep. Didn't sound like much to report so I decided to wait and give the file another try.

So next night I tried the same thing (mentally made the note that I didn't really feel all too tired at the time) and got the same results. Woke up in the morning, wondering how that happened. At the time I thought it might have been possible that I had been fallen asleep again (hectic week... finals for the win), and decided to give one final try.

So I tried it a final time with 2 things happening. The first was, like usual, I did blank out after the first few minutes of the file. However, I tried something different that night and added on a different hypnosis file on the 'now playing list.' From what I remember, I can recall the moment the other file started up, and went through the whole thing awake (although felt like I was in a pretty good trance).

Reading from the thread though I haven't really noticed anyone blanking out that much and I'm not sure if it was designed to work in that way. As it is I've never really gone out in a file like this way before (even in your other files I can remember myself going in and out, not just a big blank for a chunk of it) so I don't know what to make of it.

Any thoughts? I'm going to see how it turns out tonight but for any future tries is there anything I should take note of in particular?
AlexD

Postby Blink » December 11th, 2007, 7:16 am

AlexD wrote:Sorry about this belated response, but I had to try listening to this 2 extra times because I thought I messed up somehow. Let me explain I guess. 8O
Thanks for your feedback. I still haven't heard from a few of the people who asked to be included, so you're doing fine.

AlexD wrote:So all 3 times I listened to it in the evening in my bed before I go to sleep. Basically I listen to 9 files out of 10 at this time and for the most part I don't have issues with falling asleep during a file. So to my surprise I put on the file, started listening to the music and induction, and that's all I can recall.
Are you sure you were asleep? This file contains elements of the permissive wakener, but it's tweaked a bit from the other files. You're not the first person to report lost time, by any means. I haven't had an issue with people falling asleep, though. I'd appreciate it if you could keep trying the file, maybe at other times, and let me know what's going on.

AlexD wrote:The next morning I woke up with my mp3 player's headphones in my ears. All I can remember from it was the first few minutes in that was it. Hadn't happened to me before, but I just figured I was really tired and I fell asleep. Didn't sound like much to report so I decided to wait and give the file another try.
You didn't happen to have any unusual dreams that night, did you?

AlexD wrote:So next night I tried the same thing (mentally made the note that I didn't really feel all too tired at the time) and got the same results. Woke up in the morning, wondering how that happened. At the time I thought it might have been possible that I had been fallen asleep again (hectic week... finals for the win), and decided to give one final try.
Again, the wakener is slightly modified. It's possible that you were reacting (favorably, I might add) to that. Any dreams you can recall would be informative. Oh, and how did you feel when you woke up?

AlexD wrote:So I tried it a final time with 2 things happening. The first was, like usual, I did blank out after the first few minutes of the file. However, I tried something different that night and added on a different hypnosis file on the 'now playing list.' From what I remember, I can recall the moment the other file started up, and went through the whole thing awake (although felt like I was in a pretty good trance).
:D I played with a little trick I learned from Richard Bandler in structuring the file. I've stripped it down to the barest minimum, but it does seem to be working for a lot of listeners. There is no instruction for amnesia in that file (that I can remember, anyway). It's all in the way it's put together.

AlexD wrote:Reading from the thread though I haven't really noticed anyone blanking out that much and I'm not sure if it was designed to work in that way. As it is I've never really gone out in a file like this way before (even in your other files I can remember myself going in and out, not just a big blank for a chunk of it) so I don't know what to make of it.
The way I read it, you're having an exceptionally good reaction to the non-induction. I still don''t know if you're reacting well to the "payload," though. I might need to send you a PM with some more detailed questions. Would you mind?

AlexD wrote:Any thoughts? I'm going to see how it turns out tonight but for any future tries is there anything I should take note of in particular?
Just what I've noted before: if you fall asleep with it playing, pay attention to your dreams. The file is called "Foreplay In A Can," so pay attention to your general level of arousal. Given your life situation, it might be hard to tell if you're reacting just to the file. Lots of people react to stress with... um... significant hornitude. ;)

Thanks very much for your responses. I'm learning a lot from the feedback I'm getting. If I haven't said so lately, this is the best place I've ever found to get advanced training in hypnosis. You just have to ask.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Pop Quiz!

Postby Blink » December 11th, 2007, 7:23 am

:twisted:

OK, for everyone who's responded so far and said that they "blanked" or had lost time or even that they just had mild or moderate depth of trance, it's quiz time!

One test item: Describe the trance induction.

That's all.

Feel free to listen to the recording again (as many times as you like) if you need to.

-- Blink
Hypnotizing hypnotists can be tricky.
Blink
Guru
Guru

Off topic

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » December 11th, 2007, 11:38 am

Blink wrote:

I like that quote, Blink!
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby Carolientje » December 11th, 2007, 2:59 pm

About the falling asleep and waking up the next morning with the headphones still on and the ipod shuffle somewhere lost in bed, that`s been happening to me for the last few days too. The part where you mention the music is the last thing I remember then.
Carolientje

Postby AlexD » December 11th, 2007, 4:29 pm

So tried it again. Same thing it seems like. Although instead of waking up right at the start of the new file it was when things... heated up I guess you could say? :wink:

Blink wrote:
AlexD wrote:So next night I tried the same thing (mentally made the note that I didn't really feel all too tired at the time) and got the same results. Woke up in the morning, wondering how that happened. At the time I thought it might have been possible that I had been fallen asleep again (hectic week... finals for the win), and decided to give one final try.
Again, the wakener is slightly modified. It's possible that you were reacting (favorably, I might add) to that. Any dreams you can recall would be informative. Oh, and how did you feel when you woke up?

AlexD wrote:Reading from the thread though I haven't really noticed anyone blanking out that much and I'm not sure if it was designed to work in that way. As it is I've never really gone out in a file like this way before (even in your other files I can remember myself going in and out, not just a big blank for a chunk of it) so I don't know what to make of it.
The way I read it, you're having an exceptionally good reaction to the non-induction. I still don''t know if you're reacting well to the "payload," though. I might need to send you a PM with some more detailed questions. Would you mind?

AlexD wrote:Any thoughts? I'm going to see how it turns out tonight but for any future tries is there anything I should take note of in particular?
Just what I've noted before: if you fall asleep with it playing, pay attention to your dreams. The file is called "Foreplay In A Can," so pay attention to your general level of arousal. Given your life situation, it might be hard to tell if you're reacting just to the file. Lots of people react to stress with... um... significant hornitude. ;)

First, yeah there's no problem with a PM, please do. Dream wise I cannot recall much in particular besides for the fact that I do recall having them in some form. Arousal level/'full payload' I haven't really noticed much in the way of changes outside of the file (but then again I'm a College Student... not sure if I can really get more horny then that... :roll: ).

It's possible that this sort of induction (or non-induction as what you call it) just works for me. I've used dozens of files in the past, with your usual inductions with varying results. I have a pretty active mind and I often try to decipher or think through phrases even when I tell myself to be quiet (which usually leads me off on another train of thought). It just could be this sort of induction bypasses that and puts me out.
AlexD

Re: Off topic

Postby Blink » December 11th, 2007, 5:49 pm

MN_FriendlyGuy wrote:
Blink wrote:

I like that quote, Blink!
It's from either volume one or two of Structure of Magic, if I recall correctly.
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby tsd » December 12th, 2007, 5:27 pm

i missed this entirely :(
shucks.

my own fault i guess.
tsd
Regular
Regular

Return to Meeting Grounds