cant get hypno'd

A place for Subjects and Hypnotists to come together.

Moderator: EMG

cant get hypno'd

Postby swindonsub1 » September 30th, 2008, 8:50 am

hello to all. swindonsub1 here live in swindon UK. i have this problem - try as i might i just don't seem to be able to get into a hypno trance. is it me , is my mind to active or am i just 1 of the few who cant be put under?? i'v tried it with visual spirals, sleep mask's.

any idea's

well i few views and no ideas come on guys/gals
swindonsub1

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » September 30th, 2008, 1:37 pm

Congratulations on your first forum posting, swindonsub1.

You've asked a question that others have asked. Before I give a recommendation, please try something for me, okay?

You've been a member here at WarpMyMind for about 2 months.

Think back.

Try to remember when you first discovered this website.

You were sitting at a computer - definitely. But do you remember what room you were in? Do you remember feeling a little excited... wanting to know more?

Think back.

Pause and remember downloading your first hypnosis recording.

You're sitting at a computer - definitely. Think about the curiosity and excitement as you wait for the download to finish.... as you began to listen.

Isn't it interesting that when our minds store something - committing it into memory - the feeling is stored too? It happens automatically. It's unnecessary to memorize feelings.

Our wonderful minds store visual images, smells, sounds, tastes and feelings (both tactile and emotional). These are the building blocks of memory and experience.

If you can visualize a lemon cut in half - remembering the bright yellow skin and the juicy center; the clean, strong citrus scent; and the sour taste that makes your mouth water...

If you can remember these things, then you can be hypnotized.

And now - here's that recommendation I promised you...

When you're learning a new skill, you practice. The same is true for trance. It's a skill. You practice to become better.

Practice by focusing on the building blocks... the sights, smells and sounds.

Focus on your feelings as you trance.

Sooner or later, you're going to hear something that makes you want more; something that's a little exciting. You'll feel it.

And that's when you'll know you can forget the make-believe of television and cinema. You can forget the silly things they show about hypnosis.

Your wonderful mind knows. You can trust it to lead you to what you want and what you need.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Return to Meeting Grounds