George Carlin in Memoriam

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

George Carlin in Memoriam

Postby futile_mind » June 23rd, 2008, 9:43 am

One our greatest comedians died recently June 22, 2008. He was a rambunctious and rebellious man whose "indecency" landed him a fight for the freedom of speech in the Supreme Court. He was a great man, a greater entertainer, and the greatest pioneer in taboo. I will now allow the members of the forum to post their memories of this wonderful comic.
futile_mind
Regular
Regular

Re: George Carlin in Memoriam

Postby SDoll » June 23rd, 2008, 7:10 pm

futile_mind wrote:One our greatest comedians died recently June 22, 2008. He was a rambunctious and rebellious man whose "indecency" landed him a fight for the freedom of speech in the Supreme Court. He was a great man, a greater entertainer, and the greatest pioneer in taboo. I will now allow the members of the forum to post their memories of this wonderful comic.

I was going to post this. Shit Piss Fuck Cunt Cocksucker Motherfucker Tits, Fart Turd and Twat. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rlqjxst6xU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XFSvX6fBvzo

Well I guess just like most of the music I listen to, my comedy will come from people who dont make any new material.
SDoll
Mentor
Mentor

The George Carlin All-Purpose Cheer

Postby Blink » June 23rd, 2008, 8:12 pm

Ratshit, batshit, dirty old twat!
Sixty-nine assholes tied in a knot!
Hooray.
Lizard shit.
Fuck!

I saw George on his last tour. He was polishing material for an upcoming HBO special. I was amused that several people got up and walked out when he started to riff on religion. My first thought was that these folks must've been living in some sort of cave to have their expectations so out of line with what George was delivering. It's not like he just started touring last year.

My second thought was, "Damn! I hope I'm still scaring away the dumb ones when I'm seventy-one."

George, by the way, was great. He did ninety minutes without taking a break or sitting down. The pace continually built until the end of his show. He rocked. He was obviously old, no hiding that, but he rocked.

The world was a richer place for having George in it, and it's a bit sadder now that he's gone. Wherever atheists go when they die, I'm sure George is there, getting standing-room crowds and absolutely killing 'em.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby MagicIsMe » June 23rd, 2008, 8:46 pm

I never got to see George in person and it's a personal regret. Tickets were sold out last year when he was here so I wasn't able to attend. I remember George doing the Hippie Dippie Weatherman. He never failed to shock, raise a question or two and/or make one think. Our world is incredibly sadder without him.

I agree with Blink; whereever he is, he's doing stand up and they're better for it.
MagicIsMe

Postby SDoll » June 23rd, 2008, 8:51 pm

I saw him twice, on the tours he did before his last two specials. I was born the same day as him. I didn't have HBO for his last special, so I need it get it on DVD. I wonder if there's anything else he recorded that hasn't been released?
SDoll
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Cade » June 23rd, 2008, 9:15 pm

Mongolian cluster fuck
Cade
Regular
Regular

Postby CycoMelody » June 25th, 2008, 1:04 pm

He wasn't JUST a dirty old man. He also did a few movies where he lent his voice. Cars for one. He was the voice of the old VW bus!

He will be missed.
You define your reality!
CycoMelody
Guru
Guru

Postby Cade » June 25th, 2008, 4:15 pm

CycoMelody wrote:He wasn't JUST a dirty old man. He also did a few movies where he lent his voice. Cars for one. He was the voice of the old VW bus!

He will be missed.

he was THE dirty old man XD
Cade
Regular
Regular

Postby CycoMelody » June 25th, 2008, 5:12 pm

Cade wrote:
CycoMelody wrote:He wasn't JUST a dirty old man. He also did a few movies where he lent his voice. Cars for one. He was the voice of the old VW bus!

He will be missed.

True. I could just see him actually BEING a hippy. Bandanna on his head and a joint in his hand. :p
You define your reality!
CycoMelody
Guru
Guru

Postby SDoll » June 25th, 2008, 6:40 pm

CycoMelody wrote:
Cade wrote:

He will be missed.

True. I could just see him actually BEING a hippy. Bandanna on his head and a joint in his hand. :p

George is on the right.
SDoll
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Idle Chatter