Watchmen

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

Watchmen

Postby Follower » March 22nd, 2009, 10:48 pm

I would post more tonight, but I must be getting to bed to try out my new Lucid Dream Curse, before I did this though, I wanted to ask,

Has anyone watched Watchmen yet? And did they like it more or less than the book. For me, the movie was good, but it wasn't as good as the book.
Follower
Regular
Regular

Re: Watchmen

Postby VeryGnawty » March 23rd, 2009, 7:47 am

The movie was better in parts, but the book was better overall.

I usually don't like long movies. I think this is the only movie over 2:30 that I went to see in the theatre more than once. The only other movie of such insane length that didn't bore me was Apocalypto.

I did go see that Benjamin Button movie which was pretty long, but the entire second act of that movie bored me to tears.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Postby MRhello » May 22nd, 2009, 12:11 am

On a scale of 0 to 100:
Comic= 150
Movie= -99999999e*10^-21

Yeah. For the non-math inclined, the comic rox0red my s0x0rz, and the movie film would be better off to be used as toilet paper.

The movie was .1% storyline, 89.9% of Dr. Manhattan's pen0r, and 10% various sex scenes, whose transition sequences were nukes.

The first time Dr.Manhattan didn't have pants on, I thought "Ok, good shock value. He'll Probably will have pants on through the rest of the movie, anyway." OOOOOOOHHHHHHH NO HE DID NOT PUT HIS PANTS ON!!! The movie was 2 solid hours of trying not to stare at blueboy's happystick.

In essence, the comic rocked. The movie sucked massively.

The movie should not be sold in stores other than adult movie stores. It was rated R, where by R they mean XXX.

The movie made me sick. When I had my nightly lucid dream, the movie was so horrible that I used the bluewanger as a nightstick to knock out Nicholas Cage for stealing my treasure box from under my bead. Oops, did I actually write that here? 8O
*Ducks for cover, and runs away before people start throwing blue Dr. Manhattan dolls*
MRhello
Regular
Regular

Postby CycoMelody » May 25th, 2009, 8:47 am

*throws a Dr. Manhattan inspired blue dildo at Mr.Hello. It promptly smacks him in the back of the head.*

There you go! Now you can really beat up Nick Cage!
You define your reality!
CycoMelody
Guru
Guru

Watchmen

Postby WickedJack » February 13th, 2010, 1:18 am

I don't get it. You're OK with a bit of blue dangly bits in the book but not in the film? From your post I would guess you'd have preferred the film to match even more closely to the book but when it comes to Dr. Manhatten's clothes that's what they did.
WickedJack

Postby Shad_Phoenix » February 13th, 2010, 1:10 pm

The Watchmen Ultimate Edition (with the Black Freighter/newspaper stand bits) was very true to the original, but it shows why a movie can't do what a comic does. You're supposed to flip back and forth between the pages to see the parallels and metaphors. Jumping around the movie like that nearly made me sick.

It came with the Motion Comics though, which is the original semi-animated. It was better, but still had the problem of no flipping between parallels. So the original comic>Motion Comic>Ultimate Edition>Director's Cut>Theatrical cut.

So yeah, read the comic. Don't buy it, though. If the comic goes out of print for 10 years, Alan Moore gets the right back, so go to the library.
Shad_Phoenix
Regular
Regular

Return to Idle Chatter