Time Out

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

Time Out

Postby Tangy » January 28th, 2013, 10:56 pm

.done
Last edited by Tangy on February 28th, 2013, 12:45 am, edited 9 times in total.
Tangy
Guru
Guru

Tangy!

Postby Calimore » January 29th, 2013, 3:07 am

Hey! That stuff is supposed to be personal!

Not good, Tangy. If a 15-year old homosexual (who considers his mother to be his wife) wants to make his thoughts and feelings known to us, he will. It's not our place to expose his habits to others; he can do so himself.

BTW: teenagers should avoid the smoking fetish if they want to live to see 50. Even filthy frogs need to worry about emphysema and cancer, after all. Kids please, don't try this at home. Stick to your PS3s if you know what's good for you.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Postby Endo » January 29th, 2013, 5:24 pm

So you're not going to do anything even though the spammer has been revealed to be a minor?
Endo
Guru
Guru

Circumstantial evidence

Postby Calimore » January 29th, 2013, 9:41 pm

Nope. I have no PROOF that the account Tangy posted from is held by the same person. Likewise, although that account has an entry stating the account holder is not of majority, I've no PROOF that the statement is true. In a court-of-law Tangy's evidence would be seen as circumstantial at best and, at worse, heresay.

Again, this is EMG's board and if he wants to ban the user or ask them to provide proof of age, he will. Also, if anyone is bothered by this person's behavior or the chain of evidence provided they need only email emg@warpmymind to let him know how they feel.

That's the same thing I would be doing if I asked him to take action against the person in question - same email address, same process. It is not like I'll see him at work tomorrow or in the hot tub this weekend. Although I do know his phone number and have had several correspondences with EMG, I have never had occasion to meet him or even talk to him on the phone.

I moderate a few forums here and try to do so in such a way as to free up EMG's time so that he can do more important things, like making improvements to WMM, the H-Fs and other online holdings, recording files (which he does with amazing regularity), develop video files, pay out the multitude of file authors who sell files on WMM, study new hypnosis techniques, write files, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Oh, and deal with user complaints such as petty assinain behavior from adult users and underage users alike.

So PLEASE, if anyone has reason to believe that somebody here is breaking the board's few necessary rules or is offended by another users actions in any of the forums PLEASE bring it to the attention of the forum moderator if the moderator is apparently not aware and PLEASE follow up with a quick missive to EMG if you think he should ban or take other action against the user in question.

Meanwhile, if anyone has PROOF that this do-do person is under age please present it here to to me or in private and I will contact EMG post haste so that he can take the action HE deems most appropriate.

Thanks!

Calimore Callierionde
Moderator, Idle Chatter
Last edited by Calimore on January 30th, 2013, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Postby Endo » January 29th, 2013, 11:29 pm

Fine by me. I didn't mean that question to sound like a political trap or anything.
Endo
Guru
Guru

No worries, mate!

Postby Calimore » January 30th, 2013, 12:47 am

Endo wrote:Fine by me. I didn't mean that question to sound like a political trap or anything.

Lol, I know you didn't Endo - don't give it another thought. I merely wanted everyone, including the accused party, to know my stance on forum moderation.
If you only Believe in Hypnosis, It can Change Your Life.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Return to Idle Chatter