Depression how to cope

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

Depression how to cope

Postby danny1988 » June 3rd, 2013, 7:16 am

Good god im so depressed atm. It seems i connect with people very strongly to the point where i truly love them and then they pull away and i get hurt so much. I guess this explains why ive been so talky in the past. This world is hard and its so hard to cope at times i just wish another personality would take over for a while. Im not even sure i should be the dominant personality i feel too much, being in control is sooooooooo painful.
How do people cope with crippling depression?
danny1988
Guru
Guru

Postby Endo » June 3rd, 2013, 8:22 am

Don't talk to us, talk to a doctor. WE ARE NOT EQUIPPED TO DEAL WITH THIS!

I don't mean to sound cold, but that's just how it is. You can't heal a person over the internet. I would advise finding some new friends, ones who aren't afraid of getting close to you.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby danny1988 » June 3rd, 2013, 11:31 am

Endo wrote:Don't talk to us, talk to a doctor. WE ARE NOT EQUIPPED TO DEAL WITH THIS!

I don't mean to sound cold, but that's just how it is. You can't heal a person over the internet. I would advise finding some new friends, ones who aren't afraid of getting close to you.

Yeh well it wont be a doctor they are absoultely useless, maybe I should see my hypnotherapist again or maybe I need a break from everything.
danny1988
Guru
Guru

Postby ProfessorPig » June 3rd, 2013, 6:46 pm

danny1988 wrote:
Endo wrote:Don't talk to us, talk to a doctor. WE ARE NOT EQUIPPED TO DEAL WITH THIS!

Yeh well it wont be a doctor they are absoultely useless, maybe I should see my hypnotherapist again or maybe I need a break from everything.

i find with doctors, therapists, and hypno therapists that you may have to go through a couple bad ones to find the right one for you. some people do really well on antidepressants, other people inflate like a balloon or end up suicidal. some people dont respond well to any medication. i went through about 8 therapists through the years before i found a really good one who started me on the right path to personal growth.

i still struggle off and on with depression and likely will for the rest of my life, but if you are really hurting its a good idea to try and get professional help. i think the chance of feeling better or growing as a person is worth the risk of wasting your time and money.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby rubbapig » June 4th, 2013, 8:17 am

Danny,

Wile Endo is probably rite in as far as this is not da best place 2 deal wiv ur current problems he does not speak 4 all of us on here.

I help kare 4 2 people wiv mental health issues.. 1 bi-polar and otha BPD as well as suffering from depressive spells meself. I kno dat da mental health services ere in Manchester (not that far from u) r variable at best.
Da whole attitude 2 mental health treatment in da UK stinks at da moment, wiv a ova emphasis on CBT as a cheap, cure all solution.

In answer to ur question tho, wuld say dat everyone is different and each has there own ways of koping or managing there conditions. Wuld sugest dat if uve bin feelin like this 4 more than a cuple of weeks then yer first port of call if uve not alredy dun so is to speak to ur GP.
I agree totally with wot somehopper has ritten and my experience is pretty similer to his. Also if u feel able and kan do as endo suggests in finding a few new friends dat wuld almost certainly help.

U describe ur depression as 'crippling' witch concerns me a bit.. if ud like to chat more u are very welcum to email me or add me on YIM. Im not a mental health professional but do kno how awful it can b esp if have no-one 2 talk 2 bout it. I don't have any agenda, wont judge u or discuss anyfing wiv anywun else.

All the best in woteva u decide to do mate
rubbapig
Regular
Regular

Return to Idle Chatter