Please don't send Emma Czornobaj to jail(please have a read)

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

Please don't send Emma Czornobaj to jail(please have a read)

Postby Rotoscope » July 10th, 2014, 4:21 pm

Hopefully no one will interpret this as spam. This story caught my eye today and I wanted to spread the word to get more signatures for the associated petition.

Emma Czornobaj faces what could be life in prison for a deadly motorcycle crash she accidentally caused, by having her car stopped in the road where it couldn't easily be seen, while she was out of the car trying to help some ducks out of the road and to safety.

I want to point out firstly that I recognize the tragedy of the crash, and don't want to diminish that in any way. However sentencing Emma to what could be decades of her life in jail, for accidentally causing a crash due to a lapse in judgement from what seems to be quite a love for animals, is in my opinion in insane injustice. all it does is pretty much destroy a third life on top of the two lives lost in the crash.

There is no indication of intention, malice, or selfishness involved. Quite the opposite. She was just stopped in the road in an unsafe place without thinking while trying to help some ducks. Throwing her life away over this is just plain cruel.

Please take a moment to go and sign the petition. I'd love to see the 10,000 goal reached as soon as possible (over 6,000 already)

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/mme-stephanie-vallee-please-don-t-send-emma-czornobaj-to-jail-s-v-p-n-envoyez-pas-emma-czornobaj-en-prison

Thanks a lot!
Rotoscope
Regular
Regular

Return to Idle Chatter