Lucid Dreaming?

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

Lucid Dreaming?

Postby Rotoscope » July 12th, 2014, 4:26 pm

Has anyone had experience with Lucid Dreaming, and if so, has anyone had help achieving it through hypnosis?

Lucid dreaming is a pursuit of mine that sort of runs in parallel to hypnosis, and something I've been fascinated with ever since I discovered it. I'd love to hear about other people's experiences.
Rotoscope
Regular
Regular

Postby lew897 » July 12th, 2014, 5:04 pm

For me, just getting better with tranceing improved the general feel of dreams. Dreams seem almost like spending copious amounts of time. Also, I dream just about every night as well. Compared to before where I had some sometimes, were very short, and it would feel like I was disconnected from most dreams. I wouldn't say they are extremely lucid because I honestly haven't tried to steer them, but its like the dream tries to push a whole day in sometimes. Last night I dreamt I was at a highschool basketball game and it was like I was a celebrity. I was also back home just going through the housing and they were rebuilding the whole place. It was satisfying Id say.
lew897
Mentor
Mentor

Postby DrFier » December 10th, 2014, 2:23 am

I've done it, but not so much through hypnosis. Lately, I've had an issue where I tend to push myself too far towards the conscious side of things and end up either waking myself or feeling my body in an awkward position, which wakes me. I'm hoping to be able to lucid dream again soon, though.
DrFier

Postby fallapart » December 11th, 2014, 1:24 am

This is gonna sound really stupid, but I've done it and it actually helps. If you find yourself becoming too conscious, try spinning! It kept me asleep really nicely, though unfortunately I was knocked from lucid to regular dream. That's the norm for me, though, I usually pop into lucidity when I want to change things, then slip back into simply dreaming once I make the changes I want.

That said, I've never had lucid dreams from trancing or from hypnotism. The best way I've found to lucid dream is just to read about it a lot! Read about techniques people use to try to get them to sleep, write a dream journal, teach yourself to do something simple that will alert you to whether you are dreaming or not (like opening a book and trying to read the pages). Just reading about lucid dreaming will remind you of lucid dreaming WHILE you dream and you might just get knocked into lucidity through that alone, kinda like if you play a certain game a lot you may dream about that game!

I'm not saying that hypnosis won't help, in fact I'm sure it does quite a lot. Just that its' pretty easy to put the suggestion into your dreaming mind through simple interest alone!
fallapart

Return to Idle Chatter