sign the petition

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

sign the petition

Postby Ravyn » October 24th, 2014, 8:49 pm

Beware facebook is now forcing every one to change their names to what ever your photo ID/ drivers license shows or your birth certificate. If you don't show them ur ID then u get banned permanently they will suspend ur account for a few days as well while waiting confirmation. no more nick names or stage names are aloud here they say and if your using one BEWARE your turn is coming to be forced to change it.

https://www.change.org/p/facebook-drop-real-name-policy i have started this and i hope everyone pass the link around to all. the goal is to get 100,000 signatures so that facebook will take notice and drop this policy.
Ravyn
Regular
Regular

Postby Endo » October 24th, 2014, 8:58 pm

I suppose I just don't care about Facebook enough. Of course, I'm in the SCA, so I bond with people by hitting and stabbing them instead of staring at a picture of their most recent selfie.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby JackDrago » October 24th, 2014, 10:23 pm

Old news. This has always been Facebook policy. If you don't like that; use twitter, tumblr, or Google+ they all permit the user to choose whatever name you want.

Ever wonder why Facebook doesn't charge? Because YOU are the product and your real name is what makes you valuable as a product. They will never give up the real name policy for that exact reason. It simply doesn't cost them enough users to make a dent in the huge profitability of selling all your info to the highest bidder.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby dark_wolf49 » October 27th, 2014, 6:29 am

After 90 days , you can change it back.
dark_wolf49
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Idle Chatter