Mentor
Mentor

Re: New site?

Postby OxyFemboi » February 6th, 2016, 7:00 am

Sirath wrote
why does the site look different?
i honestly prefered the old style..
what happened?

WMM had a major upgrade beginning on February 3, 2016 at 1:00 pm est. This is WMM 2.0. My guess is that ,,, perhaps ... the source code was old enough that patching it was no longer a option.

Yes, the site looks different. They probably had some advice on improvements. As long as the site works, I'm happy. I'll get used to the new style soon.

The new WMM word processor/posts uses a different character encoding format than the old word processor did. There are many ways to encode the same letter or number. Either the HTML is implemented a bit differently or a different character encoding format was used ... or both. That is why the old posts look awkward. There is, unfortunately, no one universal "standard". See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_encoding and follow the hyperlinks if you want a more technical explanation.
Peace Love Unity Respect

Ox & Honey & Yoshi & Rocky & Dave & Adam
Hypnosis & NLP are the install programs for fetishes and phobias.
OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Location: Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania, USA, Terra (Sol III)

Postby HornyDude » February 6th, 2016, 12:32 pm

If you go to the "Site Improvements" Forum and check out some of the threads with subjects like 'WMM-2', 'New Website', and 'New WMM', you can see that the process has been going on for a long time.

EMG has explained that the code for the old site was outdated and did not lend itself to expansions and changes that he wanted to make so it had to be rebuilt from scratch. A wishlist of changes has been active for many months and the new site has been up for extensive beta testing with requests for people to go in and kick the tires and report problems.

If you think something is broken or missing, add new items to the 'Bug Report' thread in "Site Improvements". As things are fixed, they should be listed in the sticky 'Bug Fixes' in "Site Improvements".
HornyDude
Mentor
Mentor

Postby diode168 » February 6th, 2016, 1:31 pm

Big congratulations to EMG. It may not be the style I would have chosen but it's functional and he has obviously put a lot of work into it
diode168
Guru
Guru

Return to Idle Chatter