If you had to define your life as a path, what would it be?

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

If you had to define your life as a path, what would it be?

Postby Brainiac » April 28th, 2005, 11:46 am

Hey all I'm new here. I recently was at a psych lecture at my local college where they talked about viewing your life as a self defined path and I was curious what others would think.

I'm a somatic person, I try to be a tool (har har) for my own use instead of using tools...if that makes any sense. I'm a jack of all trades kinda guy, fortunately blessed with the gift of becoming real good at something really fast by creating a sense of need (practice, practice, practice, study, study, study, it really pays off). Sooooo, anyhoo, what's your path?
Brainiac
Regular
Regular

Postby joe » April 28th, 2005, 11:48 am

i guess it depends - what are the other "paths"?
joe
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Brainiac » April 28th, 2005, 11:55 am

Think of one that best describes you, that's why they're self defined. :D
Brainiac
Regular
Regular

Postby joe » April 28th, 2005, 12:33 pm

self-defined. duh. i missed that adjective.

and it would be appropriate here to answer your question but i have no idea. so ... a questioner's path. haha.
joe
Mentor
Mentor

Re: If you had to define your life as a path, what would it

Postby sandy82 » April 30th, 2005, 6:54 pm

Brainiac wrote:... I'm a somatic person...fortunately blessed with the gift of becoming real good at something really fast... .

You are indeed blessed---both fortunately and in any other ways that are available.

I know people who have chosen the path of humility and understatement. They are very pleasant individuals.

Question for you, Brainiac. Before reading your post, I had only seen "somatic" in conjunction with "psycho-". So, I went to the dictionary. Somatic means "bodily" as distinguished from the mind. If you're using a highly specialized meaning that's not in an unabridged dictionary, please enlighten us. Otherwise, it seems that we're all somatic people. Unless some of the registered users are ghosts. :)
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby Brainiac » April 30th, 2005, 8:34 pm

I guess the way I interpret the definition for a somatic path is being able to rely on my own body, being, self etc. One of the definitions of somatic in my dictionary says "Of, or involving the self" and when combined with the other definitions, applies to the body and mind in my point of view, which is why I chose it as the word to use for this exercise. If you can point out a word that more accurately matches my interpretation, please point me to it. :wink:
Brainiac
Regular
Regular

Postby PapaLazarou » May 4th, 2005, 11:40 am

Mine is one of those muddy tracks that look really appealing when you first start walking down them but after awhile you scuff your shoe. Then as you keep walking you trip and fall in the mud then roll down a grassy verge and end up in pond.
"Drugs are for losers and hypnosis is for losers with big weird eyebrows."
-Fry, Futurama
PapaLazarou

Postby danmalara » May 4th, 2005, 6:59 pm

Mine is a long path of knowledge. I learn about everything that interests me along the way. ...And at the very end is a fat pile money :D !
My MIND is happy. BLANK and empty. BRAINwashing is GOOD for me.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

A path...or a slippery slope?

Postby sandy82 » May 6th, 2005, 8:47 pm

Brainiac wrote: I'm a somatic person.

Okay.....
Brainiac wrote:I guess the way I interpret the definition for a somatic path is being able to rely on my own body, being, self

A path or a person? Interpretation is difficult....
Brainiac wrote: (T)he definition...is being able to rely on my own body, being, self

Hmmm. Processing....
Brainiac wrote: If you can point out a word that more accurately matches my interpretation, please point me to it. :wink:

:arrow: "Self-reliant"
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby Brainiac » May 7th, 2005, 7:25 am

LOL Well there you have it.
Brainiac
Regular
Regular

Postby lexi » May 7th, 2005, 6:30 pm

neat question and thread. my path is one of self discovery and growth. to learn all one can about oneself and the world around us. its exciting to me.
lexi
lexi

Postby Folsom_god » May 8th, 2005, 3:36 pm

my path is one of enlightenment. Not only Enlightenment of myself, but pursuit to enlighten others
Folsom_god
Mentor
Mentor

Postby missypuss » July 2nd, 2005, 5:20 am

I think my path is the one "where the sky meets the underworld".!! :twisted:
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 3rd, 2005, 8:26 pm

Isn't that the path between King's Cross and Euston on Saturday nights? :wink:

missypuss wrote:I think my path is the one "where the sky meets the underworld".!! :twisted:
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby missypuss » July 4th, 2005, 9:52 am

Dont know hun. Not been out prowling around London recently. They dont have any trains where I live !! No Im a big believer in theraputic play, it helps move some people on in their "stuck" behaviour or thought processes. That was the title of a book I was reading when this thread came up!!
missypuss
Guru
Guru

My Path

Postby gurlbidesign » July 31st, 2005, 9:04 pm

Thats an easy one, to become the woman I should have been I walk the path of hormones and femininity.
gurlbidesign
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Idle Chatter