Looking for a program to Record my voice

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

Looking for a program to Record my voice

Postby loadedkaos » May 2nd, 2005, 2:09 am

Hello all I just baught a mic for my computer thought I would try and get by with a free sound recording program so far every thing I found is trial version, shareware or is so complicated I wonder if it is even worth the time. Maybe somebody can point out something out or atleast Something cheap?
Thanks in advance.
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

Postby thejesterinacast » May 2nd, 2005, 4:41 am

give this a shot. http://audacity.sourceforge.net

i haven't used it for recording my voice, but it's good for editing mp3s and i'm pretty sure you can record stuff from a microphone. i assume that's what the record button's for. if you want to export an mp3 you need an extra plugin. i think it's called lame or something. it'll tell you what you need when you first try it.
thejesterinacast
Regular
Regular

Postby gregi696 » May 2nd, 2005, 5:57 am

If you are running WindowsXp( :evil: ) then click on start>all programs>accessories>entertainment>sound recorder. I've never used it, but it seems simple enough. Hope this is helpful. :lol:
gregi696
Mentor
Mentor

Postby loadedkaos » May 2nd, 2005, 10:53 am

Yeah the sound recorder on windows is great and very simple but it only records 60 seconds and I can never figure audacity out maybe I just need to take time with the help instructions. Well If there are any more suggestions please feel free to clue me in.
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

Postby danmalara » May 2nd, 2005, 8:39 pm

EMG wrote:I'm pretty sure that soundforge is open source and if nothing else you can use what I use which is GoldWave, it's not freeware, but it's shareware that actually lets you use it, I made about 1/5 the files on the site with it before I registered(and I didn't have to even then).

and also, about the recorder on windows...it can go longer than 60 seconds. when it reaches the end of 60 seconds just hit record again and it will add another 60 seconds to what you already have and continue what you had already recorded. It's still a pain in the ass though.
My MIND is happy. BLANK and empty. BRAINwashing is GOOD for me.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » May 3rd, 2005, 12:22 am

musicmatch jukebox has an excellent recorder buit in, but it is shareware, but their is always a crack available if your willing to look around a bit :D :D
makidas
Guru
Guru

Return to Idle Chatter