Uberman Sleep Schedule

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

Uberman Sleep Schedule

Postby danmalara » May 5th, 2005, 8:54 pm

I have been wanting to try this schedule out for awhile now and have dedicated my summer to it. Any posts realated to the topic would be great.
If you don't know what it is, then do some searching on google about it. But basically all it is, is teaching your body to fall in to REM sleep faster by spliting up the time you sleep, thus making it so you only need a total of 3 hours of sleep per every 24 hours!!
My MIND is happy. BLANK and empty. BRAINwashing is GOOD for me.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Brainiac » May 10th, 2005, 9:29 am

This is very cool but potentially dangerous. Non REM sleep repairs parts of the brain damaged by metabolism and free radicals, if you persue this, don't be surprised if you start craving Flavonoid rich things such as dark chocolate and grape juice. :wink:
Brainiac
Regular
Regular

Postby danmalara » May 10th, 2005, 8:48 pm

I've heard of that, but I wasn't very clear with it, thanks. And one thing will I crave it or do I NEED it. Like should I be eating grapes, grape juice, and dark chocolate when I'm on it. And why dark chocolate? Can I eat milk chocolate too. And is there anything else that I should include in my diet?? How long have you been on it (if you are)? Sorry for all the questions. :lol:
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Brainiac » May 12th, 2005, 12:16 pm

Well I imagine it would probably feel like strong cravings, as to whether you'd NEED it or not I'm unsure, as you may get enough anitoxidants from other sources in your diet.

Processing chocolate into milk chocolate/white chocolate tends to destroy any effects that epicatechin has as a flavonoid, which is unfortunate as epicatechin is one of the most powerful antioxidants out there. As to whether you should be eating flavonoid rich foods, well, it couldn't hurt.

Other good sources for flavonoids are green tea, oranges (pretty much anything citrus), most berries, onions, parsley, most legumes (peanuts, soy beans, peas etc.), red wine. As for the dark chocolate, it should have a cocoa percentage of at least 70%. I'm not on this sleep schedule myself, I'm just a student. No worries about the questions, happy to help however I can. :)
Brainiac
Regular
Regular

What is the schedule?

Postby maskedwomyn » May 13th, 2005, 10:37 pm

Just for curiosity's sake, what is the uberman sleep schedule? Is there a url to a web site where it is explained?

the masked womyn
maskedwomyn
Regular
Regular

Postby Brainiac » May 14th, 2005, 12:43 am

From Wikipedia: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uberman_sleep_schedule[/url]
Brainiac
Regular
Regular

Postby makidas » May 14th, 2005, 1:40 am

Just a note, Wikipedia installs spyware on your computer, so, make sure you have an ad-killer installed if you plan to visit, cuz, their shit bogs your computer down and its quite annoying. :)
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby Brainiac » May 14th, 2005, 2:23 am

I've used Wikipedia since its inception and I've never gained spyware from it. I have over 12 different layers of protections and alerts, plus I used to work tech support for fixing spyware on a daily basis so I know what to look for. The worst thing I've ever seen Wikipedia dish out is a one time cookie for language settings, and that was (and is) totally harmless.
Brainiac
Regular
Regular

Postby Folsom_god » May 17th, 2005, 5:27 pm

ok brainman but thats irrelavent.

Mak i was wondering if you get stoned or drunk or something if it will mess up your schedule. Would your body just say fuck it and sleep or would you just feel tired?
Folsom_god
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Agriff » May 18th, 2005, 3:41 pm

So how do you get yourself on the schedule? Do you just start sleeping 3 hours a day or do you initiate it somehow?
Agriff
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Brainiac » May 18th, 2005, 3:45 pm

Some people sleep deprive themselves for a couple days while keeping busy so that they can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. When they do finally allow themselves to crash, they only do so for 15 minutes, then they drudgingly force themselves to wake up and keep busy for another couple hours and then crash for another 15 minutes. This cycle repeats until their body falls into line with the program.
Brainiac
Regular
Regular

Postby makidas » May 18th, 2005, 9:12 pm

Folsom_god wrote:Mak i was wondering if you get stoned or drunk or something if it will mess up your schedule. Would your body just say fuck it and sleep or would you just feel tired?

Man, I wish I knew, I haven't been stoned or drunk in quite a while! :D
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby danmalara » May 18th, 2005, 11:31 pm

The Uberman Sleep Schedule probably has many variations, which may all work, but the main sched I've been hearing was 30 minute naps every 4 hours, with a total of 3 hours per ever 24 hours. But, I'll say again, I've also seen many schedules that work fine that are different. One person said they take 30 minute naps every 3.5 hours. Another source online said that he took a core sleep nap in the morning of something over an hour, and took around 2 naps during the day. I don't really remeber exactly what he did but it was something like that.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Agriff » May 19th, 2005, 12:54 pm

So for those 30 minute naps are yoy going to have somebody shake you violently to wake you up when the 30 minutes is over? When im really tired my alarm clock has no effect on me.
Agriff
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » May 20th, 2005, 12:19 am

Man, you just really have to want this to work. Usually an alarm clock has no effect on me ever, but now, as soon as the thing makes a noise I'm awake and I mean awake. :)
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby Agriff » May 20th, 2005, 1:21 pm

Oh ok I see. Are you on the schedule then?
Agriff
Mentor
Mentor

Postby danmalara » May 20th, 2005, 8:40 pm

I am not, but makidas is.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby VeryGnawty » July 9th, 2005, 11:18 pm

I'm not very keen on the Uberman schedule, mainly because I see it as unrealistic in the modern world. For example, most of the schedules I've seen revolve around a nap every 3 or 4 hours.

Now, if I were to religiously follow such a schedule, it would necessitate my taking a nap in the middle of work, regardless of how I timed it, because I will be at work for longer than 4 hours. Somehow, I don't think my boss would take kindly to that behavior.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Return to Idle Chatter