Transformation of the body

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

Transformation of the body

Postby loony28 » May 27th, 2005, 8:26 pm

:twisted: I hope that this is in the right forum. This is my first time starting a poll so bear with me. I'm curious to see if you think or believe that the body can be transformed into anything through whatever means. Please post a reply and tell us why you believe or think the way you do about this. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby Brainiac » May 30th, 2005, 3:54 pm

I voted 2, I think that any changes within human possibility can be made. Turning to mist, or into a chair, I think are outside of influence. In order to do either, you'd probably have to have a much better understanding of physiology etc. I mean, how could your brain exist as mist and still have neuron communication?
Brainiac
Regular
Regular

Postby Jack » May 30th, 2005, 4:05 pm

I voted 1. Just because something would require a greater understanding of some sciences than are currently available, that doesn't mean that it is impossible.

Also, in some quantum physics it is said that every particle is connected to and influences every other particle.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby Anti » May 31st, 2005, 1:11 am

I voted for the second option, although i dont think massive changes could be possible i have seen stories about people whos hair has changed colour e.t.c. And that would be kinda cool, to be able to change small things like that about your body :D
Anti

Postby loony28 » May 31st, 2005, 10:19 am

:twisted: So far it looks like the majority or us at least think that some small changes are possible. I believe that there really isn't a limit on how far physical transformations can go. After all what we are made up of is atoms arranged a certain way. We know that we only use a small percentage of our mind power. I think there is something in the Bible where Jesus says if you believe enough, you can move mountains. That leads me to believe that anything is possible. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » June 1st, 2005, 8:13 am

Loony, I go with the post you made above. Huge changes can be made through will power. They aren't fast, but they can be dramatic. People can move mountains.

Beyond matters of faith and will, much depends on the exact causation and the extent of change.

---"Do you believe or think that you can physically transform the body into something else?"

Do I believe that I (or any other layman) can physically transform a body into something else?

Yes, but in ways that are wholly predictable. I'm not being facetious: undertakers do it every day, especially if they own crematoria. Hitler's henchmen made some grisly transformations that we need not detail.

---Can the body be transformed in any way? By myself or by others?

Certainly. Plastic surgeons do it every day. Joan Rivers doesn't look a day over 110. :-)

---Can the body be transformed but on a minor scale like eye color?

Corneal transplants are possible. I'm not sure that iris transplants are possible--that's where the color is.

Genetic changes occur with some frequency, but normally they do not dramatically change the appearance of a life in being at the time of the change. I seriously doubt a change in eye color without the intervention of medical experts--absent some huge environmental impact to which most people are not subject. Hair color will change from black/brown/red/yellow to white during a lifetime, but this is a pre-programmed change.

Whether there are spirits separated from the body has long been a matter of discussion and contention. Maybe so, maybe not. Those of us who are superstitious are more likely, than not, to believe in such spirits. If they exist, they certainly represent a dramatic transformation of/from the body.

Note that I have answered in the present tense because the questions were posed in the present tense. As we try to look into the future, many things may become possible. In that respect, I agree with Jack and Brainiac. Who's to doubt future potential?
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » June 1st, 2005, 9:29 pm

If you're interested, in John, it is written that Jesus said "Even the least among you can do all that I have done and even greater things." Here's a short list of things he was reported to have healed: leprosy, blindness, several forms of paralysis, deafness, muteness, and if you believe the story of Lazarus.. physical death.

Something to read: http://www.pasoh.com/HypnoIntervention.html

I don't remember the study, but there was a group that actually induced skin lesions, and blisters through hypnosis. And then removed them the same way. I'm too lazy to look for it. Perhaps someone else will though just for further proof.

Also, great post sandy.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
Jack
Guru
Guru

transformation football mp3

Postby jeyrod » June 15th, 2005, 1:03 pm

I think it would be really cool if they made an mp3 to make you think your a football jock,like the jock train files.Also an mp3 that makes you think your a football,or are changing into a football or tackle dummy.
Just a thought?!
jeyrod

Postby Tribial_Tiger79 » June 15th, 2005, 5:43 pm

I think it would be great if a file or script was created to take way all the limitations socity says we can or can't do

Tiger
Tribial_Tiger79

Postby Jack » June 15th, 2005, 6:30 pm

Vote for Conscious Unconscious Communication! As when the two communicate you can change(learn to change) any of your beliefs, convictions, mores, values, thought processes, etc.
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby loony28 » June 15th, 2005, 6:47 pm

:twisted: Ok jeyrod if you look through the files you will find a file called TrigMorph that will let you believe that you are morphing into anything you want.

Jack wrote:Vote for Conscious Unconscious Communication! As when the two communicate you can change(learn to change) any of your beliefs, convictions, mores, values, thought processes, etc.

Interesting idea Jack.

On one last note for now, I can't believe someone actually checked "I refuse to participate in such an idiotic poll". Well if that person trully thinks this is an idiotic poll then why did they participate in it and check that one? :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby loony28 » June 15th, 2005, 7:05 pm

that_guy_812 wrote:I am torn between the 2nd option and the 5th

:twisted: Well choose which one you want. Don't worry about hurting my feelings. I knew there would be people that would think that I should be locked up in a psychiatric hospital, that's why I put that option in there. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » June 15th, 2005, 7:06 pm

Just click on the first option! Since logically, if you believe that small changes can be made... What is a large change but a series of smaller changes?

Also, I don't know what constitutes a small change since even the tiniest change is huge when you think about it.. for example changing eye color... that's at bare minimum 2,000 cells that are being changed...

To sum it up: Any level of change = All things can be changed.
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby loony28 » June 15th, 2005, 7:29 pm

Jack wrote:Just click on the first option! Since logically, if you believe that small changes can be made... What is a large change but a series of smaller changes?

Also, I don't know what constitutes a small change since even the tiniest change is huge when you think about it.. for example changing eye color... that's at bare minimum 2,000 cells that are being changed...

To sum it up: Any level of change = All things can be changed.

:twisted: That's pretty much my thoughts on it too. Most people don't make that kind of leap. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » June 15th, 2005, 7:31 pm

Leap... more like following breadcrumbs down the path to... wherever. :wink:
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby VeryGnawty » July 9th, 2005, 11:12 pm

Seeing as how I have some control over normally "involuntary" processes, my answer to this poll is obvious.

Now, if only I could figure out how to get around certain biological limitations...
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » July 10th, 2005, 7:51 am

Like?
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby VeryGnawty » July 10th, 2005, 11:32 am

Jack wrote:Like?

Limited nutrients in the diet, in as much as they are related to the amount of resources necessary for physical transformation.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Return to Idle Chatter