THinking man

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

THinking man

Postby Ria » May 31st, 2005, 9:55 pm

Who doesn't need to think. Ok, I just made this topic for some deep thought, stuff that my give some people a head ach or look at things diffrent. As we move along I hope to create ideas for new and fun files.

First, ever thought about how complex the brain is, how do you know you see everthing the way the next guy does. How do you know your white isn't someone elses black, ot my blue is your green. We have seen what the mind is able to do, why couldn't be true.

Now with that said. A idea for a file, all the hues, saturation, and value of what you see reverse. White becomes black. Red becomes cyan. Green turns to magenta. that kinf of thing. I would love to see an invert image file.
Ria

Postby danmalara » May 31st, 2005, 11:46 pm

Have you ever heard of the movie What the Bleep Do We Know. It's one of those movies that gets you thinking like that. The major question, that I've always had was, why do I see through my eyes and not the guy next to me? Some may say the "soul," but that just doesn't cut it for me. If it is the soul, then what is the soul? Anyone else think that way?
My MIND is happy. BLANK and empty. BRAINwashing is GOOD for me.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Lord_Mizaru » May 31st, 2005, 11:53 pm

You see through your own eyes and not the guy next to you thanks to an ultra complex system of optic nerves and pathways connected to your eyes that lead to your brain. Your brain then takes these signals recieved from your eyes, and interprets them into the image you see right now. Might I suggest you take some basic biology lessons? :P

As for your query of what is a soul, your soul is, quite simply, you.
Lord_Mizaru
Mentor
Mentor

Postby danmalara » June 1st, 2005, 12:03 am

I know all of that shit :x . My question is what make me different from any one else. I've been "observing" from my point of view for my whole life. Makes sense, right? Well why didn't I "observe" from someone elses eyes in the past, future, or now. You have to think in deepth to understand my question. Like in that movie in my last post I quote, "who/what is the observer." Do you get my question now, or is it still to complex for you? :lol:
My MIND is happy. BLANK and empty. BRAINwashing is GOOD for me.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Ria » June 1st, 2005, 12:08 am

it's your mind... your minds are diffrent. At least... that's my basis on my logic. Don't know exactly what you me by that though.

with that I should note... I had this question stuck in my head since I was 8 years old.
Ria

Postby Lord_Mizaru » June 1st, 2005, 9:27 am

danmalara wrote:I know all of that shit :x . My question is what make me different from any one else. I've been "observing" from my point of view for my whole life. Makes sense, right? Well why didn't I "observe" from someone elses eyes in the past, future, or now. You have to think in deepth to understand my question. Like in that movie in my last post I quote, "who/what is the observer." Do you get my question now, or is it still to complex for you? :lol:

I got it the first time. You just managed to look like a fool by taking my ridiculously sarcastic answer seriously. Congrats!

Anyway, somebody ought to move this topic to Idle Chatter don't ya think....
Lord_Mizaru
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sandy82 » June 1st, 2005, 10:09 am

The key word in Lord_Mizaru's first post is "interpret."

This is one reason, Ria and Dan, that people often see the same thing differently. Memories come in a variety of flavors...among them, facts and emotions.

Let's say that two teen-aged friends, walking along together on a sunny day, see an approaching German shepherd that's not on a leash. The first smiles. The other runs.

The family of the first, when he was a small child, had a well-trained German shepherd who was patient with a very young member of the family. The child and the dog became attached to each other.

The other friend, at the age of two, was severely bitten by a German shepherd who had never been around children...and didn't like a little stranger pulling his tail.

The facts stored in the friends' minds are basically the same. They recognize a German shepherd.

The emotional memories of the two friends are entirely different. Hence, the warmth on the one hand and the fear on the other.

Multiply by the millions the cerebral connections between facts, memories, emotions, beliefs in two different heads; and you wind up with two friends walking along together on a sunny day.

If you want to see differing viewpoints on the same situation, watch a rural Kansan visiting New York City for the first time....when he orders a cheeseburger in a kosher take-out.

Vary the fact-memory-emotion-belief patterns enough, and you can wind up with opposing armies on a battlefield.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby Ria » June 1st, 2005, 7:14 pm

Well said Sandy, I always knew that, you just blew away some of the fog in my head. That's good. Mom always told me to get my head out of the clouds.

Anyway, somebody ought to move this topic to Idle Chatter don't ya think....

Umm, I made this as a concept builder, to form new ideas for files as we go. So it's not really idle chatter, we are talking with a purpose that could very well help the site.
Ria

Postby loony28 » June 1st, 2005, 8:10 pm

:twisted: Well if it's a file you want to see things from someone elses point of view then I have one for you. I submitted a file idea called Trig Live Another Life. It let's you live the life of another person in your dreams. I'd be interested in hearing whose life you'd choose to experience first. I'll tell you mine later. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Return to Idle Chatter