Make your own rants!

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

Re: Make your own rants!

Postby sandy82 » June 23rd, 2005, 12:08 am

LOL, sometimes I am a little slow on the uptake, t_g_812. But I think I detect a certain unhappiness with the quality of commercial television in 2005. :wink:

I can't condone the methods contemplated, but I do see that with only one moron per half hour, the show you describe could be on the air for centuries.

Do you have a rant about television advertising? Now there's a topic.

that_guy_812 wrote:Here is the post your drunken, trying-to-sound-cool, slightly serious, really serious or any of the million of possible rant you can think of....... if the rant isn't yours say where you got it from.....

This is from the Foamy Rant 3 about reality T.V shows

HOW ABOUT THIS....
STOP WITH THE FUCKING REALITY SHOWS. I AM SO SICK OF THIS FUCKIN' BULLSHIT WITH THE FUCKING FAKE-ASS MARRIAGES FOR MONEY, THE MUNCHKIN BACHELOR SHIT, AND ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH GREEDY MOTHERFUCKERS WHO WILL DEGRADE THEMSELVES FOR CASH. AND THAT SIMPLETON LIFE WITH FRENCH HILTON... .
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby Linja » June 23rd, 2005, 2:50 am

That_guy,

I agree so strongly with everything you've said.
Reality TV is without a doubt the worst fucking shit to pollute our televisions for a long time...
Don't even get me started on the new Big Brother.
The thought of people watching this show, and the people in that house making money is nearly enough to abolish all pride in humanity.

Funniest and Best post I've read in a while.

-Linja
Linja
Mentor
Mentor

Postby enchant_me » June 23rd, 2005, 3:27 am

o my o my :o
enchant_me

reality show contribution

Postby gork151 » June 23rd, 2005, 9:08 am

hmmm how about bringing this back to warp my mind - pair hypno/doms with subjects and have them see who can progress their subjects the quickest/deepest on given assignments.. get to see different techniques - learn something
gork151
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sandy82 » June 23rd, 2005, 11:42 am

That_guy_812, I try to avoid "reality television" as much as possible. I mentioned in another thread that I try to avoid commercial television in general: I don't need an ad telling me what I need or want.

I have flipped past these programs, and I have been goggle-eyed that the scripts are lousy, the actors aren't actors, and the themes are on the level of a Grade-D comic book.

In my initial post, I mentioned in broad humor that I couldn't condone the methods suggested. I also threw that in because there may be literalists perusing the posts. But make no mistake about it: I join Linja in saying that your rant is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

Cheers and congrats! :)
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby lensewrage » June 23rd, 2005, 3:35 pm

Not all reality tv shows are bad, what about the ones for charity like: I'm
a celebrity get me out of here.
lensewrage
Regular
Regular

Postby sandy82 » June 25th, 2005, 1:07 am

Can someone help me out here?

That_guy_812's post is so long and involved that I'm not sure what it means. :)

J/K, t_g_812!

Kudos on the original and ingenious theme in this thread.

that_guy_812 wrote:BRAVO!!
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » June 25th, 2005, 9:23 am

I use "J/K" to mean "Just Kidding."

These abbreviations sometimes can be misleading and, as the cigarette packages say, hazardous to one's health. I know of a case where a newly married young woman sent a humorous story to a group of former high school classmates. A guy who received the message wrote back, saying how funny he thought it was.

He ended his message with:

"LOL,

"Bob"

As it turned out, the newly married husband was not familiar with Internet abbreviations... :roll:

that_guy_812 wrote:Just out of interest, does JK mean JoKe or Just Kidding?
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Return to Idle Chatter