Letters to EMG

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

Letters to EMG

Postby makidas » June 29th, 2005, 9:33 pm

Hi, this thread is for things that you would lkike to say to EMG. Try not to ask questions, just tell him what you think of the site and stuff like that.

Hi EMG,
I just wanted to tell you what a great job you are doing with the site and I really appreciate all the hard-work, time and effort you put into it. I want to say thank you for a great site and community and let you know that you are appreciated. Thanks again.
<<<<(MAkiDaS)>>>>
I may be wrong....

But what happens if I'm right?
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby --Luigi-- » June 29th, 2005, 11:09 pm

EMG is amazing. His site is great, he's great. Its such a great thing hes doing and we all appreciate it.
--Luigi--

A DISSENTING VIEW

Postby sandy82 » June 30th, 2005, 9:14 am

Amazing-great-great-great.

I appreciate your sentiments, Luigi; and I'm sure EMG does as well. I know that Makidas acted with the best of intentions. He genuinely likes EMG, and so do I.

However, at a time when the site is bedeviled by someone who thrives on being the center of attention...even to the point of establishing a thread that makes himself the topic of discussion...I think this sort of hero worship is the last thing EMG wants.

There is no question that EMG is smart, thoughtful, generous, resourceful. The public praise stops there. I'm sure EMG will agree. As long as we are all viewed as sinners in a "disreputable location" by a certain attention-seeker, we make two mistakes with a thread like this:

1. Against his own will, we are putting EMG in the same attention-focused position as the attention-hungry, power-hungry misfit that seeks to flit and buzz around our heads like a penance-inducing gnat.

2. As long as the claim is made--wrongly, I think; but nevertheless made--that our colleagues' minds are clouded by listening to the tapes on this site, we do both EMG and ourselves damage by putting him on a public pedestal. By elevating EMG in a manner he would disapprove, we unintentionally feed the clearly erroneous notion that our "clouded minds" are befuddled with an irrational, uncontrollable desire to bow down to the website's developer.

This thread should be erased. EMG may want to erase it himself. The symbolism would be useful.

In the meantime, I urge no further posts here.

--Luigi-- wrote:EMG is amazing. His site is great, he's great. Its such a great thing hes doing and we all appreciate it.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Re: A DISSENTING VIEW

Postby EMG » June 30th, 2005, 11:34 am

Actually, I consider the thread very much like the tell us who you are thread, and thus have ho problem with it. If people wish to praise me I will not complain, if people wish to complain about me that is there choice too. I create this site because I saw a need and my instinct proved correct, if people want to leave me fanmail or hatemail that too is their choice. As for other less popular members of the site, I believe I have a solution that is fair to all.

sandy82 wrote:Amazing-great-great-great.

I appreciate your sentiments, Luigi; and I'm sure EMG does as well. I know that Makidas acted with the best of intentions. He genuinely likes EMG, and so do I.

However, at a time when the site is bedeviled by someone who thrives on being the center of attention...even to the point of establishing a thread that makes himself the topic of discussion...I think this sort of hero worship is the last thing EMG wants.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BobbyS » June 30th, 2005, 2:03 pm

Ooohh...what is it? :)
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby loony28 » June 30th, 2005, 9:09 pm

:twisted: We'll see what EMG's solution is after a bit. I like the sight and I think EMG is a good guy. The only thing that I could complain about is EMG's name. I'm betting that's why certain people think this site is evil and satanic. Oh well, for those that don't like this site or EMG, they have other places they can go. No one is forcing them to stay here. With the attacks on EMG and this site I think it's a good idea to have a thread where people can give their opinions about EMG and the site. Just be respectful and don't tar everyone of us with the same brush. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » July 1st, 2005, 11:33 am

I expect that will change by the end of next week, but I can't promise anything at the moment, life has been crazy in a lot of ways.

that_guy_812 wrote:Well I might as well start off with the intended purpose of this thread........

So EMG,
How are those file making packed days of yours coming along? Set at the blistering pass of one file a month I think that we could do with a report on how your coming along and what file(s) you are making. If you'll let me complain about the progress that you've made by saying that you have released one file a month rather than the one a week that you promised and that only ONE of those files where on the voting page.

Please let us know!
(I don't mean to nag even though I have, and I mean no disrespect to EMG)
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sandy82 » July 1st, 2005, 12:33 pm

Life has indeed been crazy in a lot of ways.

I can't remember the post that referred to the connotations of EMG's name.

Hmmm. I want to interrupt this thread for a moment and

Wish a Happy Birthday...

.....to WMM's own

Extra-Meritorious Gent !!

Very best wishes to an extraordinary guy!!
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » July 1st, 2005, 12:50 pm

Best wishes and a Happy Birthday! :D :D :D
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby Lord_Mizaru » July 1st, 2005, 3:27 pm

Happy Birthday EMG!
Lord_Mizaru
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sandy82 » July 1st, 2005, 7:32 pm

7:12 PM MDT

Morta1 wrote:No, EMG's name has nothing to do with my views of this site. The content and the characters (members) made me believe that. EMG, while an ego maniac and a narcissistic is actually pretty fair until you insult his ego. Happy B-Day EMG.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » July 4th, 2005, 10:38 am

Happy 4th of July EMG, take the day off and go see some fireworks!
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 6th, 2005, 2:55 pm

that_guy_812 wrote:Sandy, may I ask how you are posting Morta1's shit? I could ask Why? but I won't

You may ask how:

I was here on the night of July 1, along with three colleagues, manning the fort...so to speak. Morta1 made about forty posts during his approximately two-hour stay. I made the copy above, and several in the Theology thread, as soon as he posted them.

You may ask why:

Mortal aka Morta1 (Morta-one) is about as honest as many of his ilk. I reposted his entire posts in several places so that he couldn't go back and change them. If you look carefully at the times of writing and reposting, you will see that I reposted while he was here.

I had noted in the past that trying to pin him down was like trying to nail jelly to the wall. I noticed that thereafter, when his words became "archived" and unchangeable, the phenomenon often had a sobering effect on him. You will notice in the "Theology" thread that Jerm also quoted extensively from Morta-one.

Let me ask a question that you didn't ask. Why are these posts still here?

I don't know. All posts made by Morta-one were removed in relatively short order. I pointed out that these re-posts and several re-quotes remained. I made that observation one time. For adults, once is enough.

I made copies of what I believe to be all his July 1 posts. Why? They may come in handy one day.

- - - -

Now, that_guy_812, after answering your questions, I feel entitled to an observation and two questions.

You constantly post on your desire for more files. You indirectly question the veracity of people's earlier statements on the subject. Why isn't once enough for you when you are directing your questions to an adult...and when you have offered no money or tangible assistance to help the project along?

That was the first question. Here's some background, followed by the second question.

On Tuesday evening, July 5, between 10:48 pm and 11:13 pm MDT, you made no fewer than 10 posts of varying coherence. Up until July 5, you had behaved rather sensibly for some weeks---since you claimed to be high on "caffeine."

Sadly, you now seem to have fallen into your old rut.

Here is an example of the rut. On Thursday, May 26, between 12:42 am and 2:18 am MDT, you made no fewer than 12 posts. One was the following gem, in which you criticized EMG's provision of free MP3s; his speed in making more, which you found unsuitable; and the quality of his existing efforts.

On Thursday, May 26, at 1:38 am MDT, under the apparent influence of something, that_guy_812 wrote:
Meager attempts, EMG!! I find EMG's voice ok for most part, but the one thing I can not stand, is the cuts in audio, strange thing interupting and other junk. The only file that is clear, is the trigamneisa file.

In response to that_guy_812 at the time, Sandy wrote:
I'm all for "meager attempts" at hypnosis. First of all, they're not meager. Second, they're a damned sight better than meager attempts at thought, gratitude, and--all too often, lately--even self-control.

that_guy_812, you seem to have reached your nadir on Tuesday, May 24, when you made 21 posts between 8:50 pm and 10:07 pm MDT. They ranged from impertinent to near-psychotic. A few examples. The first is from 9:06 pm MDT.

that_guy_812 wrote:
Because EMG is the DEVIL HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

In response to that post, you were asked whether you were on a caffeine high or something. Here's your reply, at 9:15 PM:

that_guy_812 wrote:
YES!!YES!!!!!!!!!OH GOD YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then you calmed down a little. Apparently a few synapses were firing. But you were still unhappy with EMG's pace of work. At 9:33 pm MDT:

that_guy-812 wrote:What exactly is EMG doing?

I believe in equal time; so I let you comment on the quality of the preceding thread. On Tuesday, May 24, 2005, at 10:07 pm MDT:

that_guy_812 wrote:My day today has lightened up abit. mostly by the meaningless posting ive been doing

- - - - - - -

I see that in your site-staggering last night, it gradually penetrated your haze that Morta1 had been here. At that point you may have gotten some inkling how I was able to post his comments.

Perhaps I should re-phrase an earlier answer. Why did I copy his posts? Because he is smart enough to change posts that place him in an unflattering light.

that_guy_812, I believe we can all learn from a wide variety of sources. With that concept in mind, I urge to re-read the preceding paragraph several times over. Preferably when you're not drinking or snorting "coffee" or whatever else it may be.

You may find the concept useful.

In the meantime, do us all a favor. Here, I let you do much of the talking. Please try to refrain from "lightening up your day"..."mostly by the meaningless posting [you've] been doing."
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » July 7th, 2005, 1:11 am

What fun is that? Some of the most fun I ever had was a totally meaningless discussion about sex and motor oil. ;)

that_guy_812 wrote:You win Sandy, From now on I will not post anything unless it it meaningful/useful/relavent
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sandy82 » July 7th, 2005, 11:04 am

that_guy_812 wrote:From now on I will not post anything unless it it meaningful/useful/relavent.

...I started the non-sequitur thread, to let you vent all useless and meaningless crap that crosses your mind

that_guy_812, I'm not the arbiter of posts. I replied to a post that was directed specifically to me.

By all means post whatever you think is funny, timely, witty....or even 10W-30. Post whatever you want. My only thought there is that if the post is directed to me in one way or another, I reserve the option of responding. I'm sure others will want to retain that same choice.

I had never thought, by the way, that 10 to 30 could refer both to motor oil viscosity and to metric-style length measurements...from flaccid on up. :wink:

As to your reason for starting the Non-Sequitur Thread, I give you more credit than you gave yourself above. Some of the posts are very funny and carefully thought-out. That's why I like to read that thread.

If you had really meant the thread as a place to "vent all useless and meaningless crap that crosses your mind," it wouldn't have nearly the readership that it enjoys.

For some further thoughts of less general interest, see PM.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 8th, 2005, 7:07 pm

that_guy_812 wrote:Sandy, are you a mother? Cause you sure sound like one.

(this query isn't ment to stir you up eeven though it probably will lol)

Edit: sorry I also PMed this to you as well.....internet failed as soon as I cheak the outbox and it didn't show the message

You PMed me three times with the same message. Your ideas certainly don't get lonely.

Let me answer your question in two parts.

1. LOL, tg812. I consider the source.
3. You and your idol Michael could have fooled me.
4. Your question suggests that I'm the third authority figure in your life:
your mother, Michael Jackson, and then me. I'm not in good company.
2. I've been called a twelve-letter mother on occasion. :wink: You seem to be the perennial, indeterminate child.
I feel for many parents. I can scarcely imagine the deep disappointment they must feel. You have given me a broader perspective on the issue.

Not as broad as when you "cheek the outbox." But broad enough. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Some good advice: Quit snorting the white stuff. Nobody believes you're on a "caffeine" high.

Tell Dan and David hello, the next time you exchange PMs with them.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 9th, 2005, 10:54 am

On Friday, July 8, 2005, 11:09 pm MDT, that_guy_812 wrote:Who the hell is david?

David? I meant your warm personal friend Darrel in Melbourne.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Return to Idle Chatter