What pisses you off?

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

What pisses you off?

Postby Lord_Mizaru » July 1st, 2005, 7:24 pm

Personally I hate it when people tell me something is "nice". Think about it, what does nice really mean? It's a word which basically avoids saying if you like it, dislike it, are moved by it, hate it.... it means nothing more than nice. And I fucking (forgive my Latin) hate nice things. I like beautiful things, I enjoy mocking ugly things, but a nice thing is a pointless thing.

I also hate American Corn Pops... Canadian ones are so much better (anybody who thinks this sounds ridiculous obviously has never tried them, they are honestly completely different things).

And for all of you who I can foresee saying I hate Mortal or as he's now know Morta1 please for the love of God avoid doing so. There's no point in throwing wood on a fire that's already out of control.
Lord_Mizaru
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Lord_Mizaru » July 1st, 2005, 7:35 pm

Morta1 wrote:Glad to see I made your list. I was hoping I would be number 1 though. Anything I can do to make it there?

Fraid not, I'm not childish enough to become involved in your petty little feud.
Lord_Mizaru
Mentor
Mentor

Postby lostrose » July 1st, 2005, 9:16 pm

I hate people who use numbers as letters in words.

:roll:
lostrose

Postby Jerm » July 2nd, 2005, 2:45 am

I hate Mtv and its entire corporate empire. I used to love Mtv back in the 80's and early 90's but now it is just a 24 hour commercial for being shallow and materialistic. When did our population become so dense and easily lead? Or have we always been this way?
Jerm
Regular
Regular

Postby Nanashi » July 2nd, 2005, 2:52 am

I hate frivolous h4t3.
Last edited by Nanashi on July 2nd, 2005, 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nanashi

Postby missypuss » July 2nd, 2005, 3:21 am

Do you know, I think I hate the word hate!! After all its bandied around just as much as the word nice. And especially in the UK where you see it in the papers all the time . Terms such as "racial hatred" are often headline news. Personally I try not to use the word too much.(I might actively dislike something , but I will either try to work out why , or stear clear of it) And returning to the start of the thread:"have a nice day now"LordM :wink:
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby --Luigi-- » July 2nd, 2005, 4:03 am

I hate the overuse of the word racist. I hate the lack of acceptance when dealing with religion. I hate sitcoms that use laugh tracks. I hate the word balogna. I hate when people associate penis size with foot size. I hate it that i'm the only one in my neighborhood that sleeps from 11 am-1 pm. I hate it when people overuse emoticons. I hate it when people call emoticons "smilies". I hate people who think anime is all Dragonball Z and Pokemon. I hate when people dislike Hitler. I hate it when people TyPe LiKe ThIs AnD tHiNk iTs cOoL.
--Luigi--

Postby gregi696 » July 2nd, 2005, 6:38 am

I hate I-95, road construction, sunburn, and oil companies.
If you try to fail and suceed, what have you done?
gregi696
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BobbyS » July 2nd, 2005, 8:02 am

I hate political correctness, fair play with regards to racial prejudice but I can't stand people suing for getting fat at McDonalds etc.

I also hate bad grammar, flies and when the computer f*cks up.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby Lord_Mizaru » July 2nd, 2005, 1:17 pm

I hate religion and people so afraid of technology that they refuse to learn how to use it. I hate what the world has become. I hate that orange juice takes so damn long to squeeze. I hate that money is such a defining factor for quality of life. I hate what civilization and humanity have become; yet I still admire the potential and aspirations of a single person.
Lord_Mizaru
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sandy82 » July 2nd, 2005, 1:24 pm

Some great posts and some great targets! Funny and/or perceptive.

I hate people who make long posts. (Used sparingly--> :) ) That said...

Great variation here in the meaning of "hate", if the examples are any guide. L_M clearly does not hate Corn Pops, although I can see he might be tempted. Luigi, I agree with you on emoticons and on your being the only one who tries to sleep between 11 AM and 1PM. I hate bologna unless applied to a city.

I think I have about five gradations on the hate scale. First, hatred itself...which can be exhausting, but sometimes necessary. Second, dislike. Third, contempt. Fourth, condescending pity. Fifth, genuine pity. Sometimes, a little humor can take the edge off all of them.

Who or what do I genuinely hate. Two-faced, ill-educated, fundamentalist Southern crackers, who want to impose their shallow prejudices on others...all without being spoken to first. I'm sure I could think of a few other items, but that one comes readily to mind.

Then there's a subtle, yet undermining attitude which receives a combination of mild dislike and genuine pity. Those who try to turn a personality flaw into an overarching asset. They see themselves as great because they associate with those whom they deem to be even more afflicted than themselves. They offer no assistance to the afflicted, for the association is purely an ego feed. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. If you tell someone like this that you have a problem, the answer is something like "get over it" or "live with it." But if that person then has the identical problem, all heaven and earth are moved to solve it. Conclusion: don't go to such a person for advice, or even with advice; for they will see your concerns either as a weakness on your part or as an insult to them. Nothing more--until the problem happens to them. A genuine apology? Unknown. Phony apologies? I remove my shoes to count all the higher.

That was the "dislike" part. Here's the pity. Few people will give such a person useful advice. The person is unable to comprehend that, sooner or later, others will see him quite differently from the way he sees himself. A disrespectful attitude occasionally shows through to those in authority above him, and the person can't hold a job: supervisors take a quick measure of their subordinate. And, in the end, what is the person left with? Illusion.

In some respects, the illusion can be very funny. Picture yourself as a 14-year-old making extra money by mowing the neighbors' lawns. You see some little yellowish-white insects swarming around the wooden base of Mr. Smith's house. You ring the doorbell. "Mr. Smith! I think you have termites!"

His surly answer to you: "Live with it." ....And even at 14, you think ironically to yourself, "Okaaaaay."

Moral of the story: listen to the reasonable observations of others, especially when they're intended to be helpful---or you may suddenly wind up in the basement.

Enough of that. Jerm, you have hit on the issue that will affect the future of this country and its entire democratic system. "When did our population become so dense and easily led?" Combine that with the rapidly shortening attention spans, and there's a critical problem. People can't remember the last lie they were told, even as they're believing the new one. Nature abhors a vacuum, and someone or some group will step in to fill it.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 2nd, 2005, 1:29 pm

Many thanks, Lord_Mizaru. :wink: You're not bad yourself!

Lord_Mizaru wrote: I hate what civilization and humanity have become; yet I still admire the potential and aspirations of a single person.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 6th, 2005, 3:16 pm

that_guy_812 wrote:I wouldn't push it if I were you Sandy

LOL! I never push anything. I started using straws for Coke when I was about five years old. I put the straws in my mouth. :wink:
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby VeryGnawty » July 9th, 2005, 10:30 pm

I hate people who talk about something that they obviously know nothing of. For example.

Someone Unimportant wrote:You're a Pantheist? You do realize that you will go to Hell if you believe in false gods?

This person obviously doesn't realize that

1) Pantheism doesn't necessitate belief in a god, per se.
2) It is not our job to judge people, that is God's job.
3) Jesus himself did not advocate the "fire and brimstone" approach to preaching

This person has clearly shown that they have no earthly idea what they are talking about. Furthermore, they have shown this lack of knowledge in less than ten seconds.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » July 9th, 2005, 11:04 pm

I hate people who use .gif animations as tiled backgrounds on their websites.
I may be wrong....

But what happens if I'm right?
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 10th, 2005, 12:58 am

Well said.

Who was the third unimportant person whose name you omitted?

VeryGnawty wrote:I hate people who talk about something that they obviously know nothing of.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby isadora » July 10th, 2005, 1:46 pm

As a Journalism student (and future Journalist) I hate people that don't realize the basic rules of grammar.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly perfect, BUT, when I go out and read the paper and see an advertisement in there with a mistake it just annoys the heck out of me!

It's A LOT, not ALOT. There's a SPACE. It is NOT one word.

I also hate my retarded landlady and her family above me, and drama queens.

But if I had nothing to piss me off about I'd be pretty bored a lot. ;) So yay for stupid people!
isadora
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » July 10th, 2005, 2:58 pm

I hate people driving in traffic that don't bother to signal when they turn. I hate people that deliberately turn - even though the light has long since changed to red, and they should have stayed behind the white line and waited one cycle before going. Often the same people!
All in all I hate selfish people who think they are better than everybody else!

Have a nice Sunday!
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Mallic » July 11th, 2005, 3:03 am

I hate TKers on CS
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 13th, 2005, 10:18 pm

I can't say I genuinely hate slang/abbreviations I don't understand--because I don't. But they interest me.

Mallic, judging from the times of your 10 posts, my bet is that you're in Australia or New Zealand (possibly Norfolk Island or Papua New Guinea, but the odds are against those two).

What/who are TKers on CS? Is that Oz/Kiwi slang?

Once I know what they are, I may well agree with you.

Thanks for your help.

Mallic wrote:I hate TKers on CS
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » July 13th, 2005, 11:08 pm

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think it means Tank Killers on Counter Strike (game).
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby Mallic » July 14th, 2005, 12:06 am

Close makidus It means TeamKillers on Counter Strike. Only happened once on purpose, but MAKES ME MAD AS HELL!!!!! These shits are called 'doobies' (note: not noob) cause that was the guy who killed me every frigging time on a ff server. I got kick off cause I killed him each other round to protect my teamates and not an esy feat when there have a AWP (high powered sniper rifle)
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby VeryGnawty » July 14th, 2005, 4:44 am

That's why you join a clan, instead of playing on pubs.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Postby Mallic » July 14th, 2005, 5:21 am

well I don't play it enough to join a clan
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby Lord_Mizaru » July 14th, 2005, 12:54 pm

I hate clans. I'd rather be a free lancer so I can do whatever the hell I want, whether it's play well or act like a jackass with a knife.
Lord_Mizaru
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jack » July 14th, 2005, 5:59 pm

Traffic.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 14th, 2005, 8:32 pm

Long posts piss me off. :P Therefore:

Cars.

Jack wrote:Traffic.

LOL, Jack. Perfect.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby gregi696 » July 14th, 2005, 11:56 pm

George W. Bush
gregi696
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » July 15th, 2005, 12:08 am

Speaking of Bush, has he come out of the closet as the anti-christ yet?
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby Mallic » July 15th, 2005, 12:17 am

I await that moment with great enthusiasm
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 15th, 2005, 1:39 pm

makidas wrote:Speaking of Bush, has he come out of the closet as the anti-christ yet?

I can't give him so much credit.

Coming instead as the anti-clown. (Not funny when he means to be, etc.)

He's expected out of the closet any time now.

As soon as he can find the doorknob. :wink:
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby Mallic » July 22nd, 2005, 12:22 am

People who use the phrase "From Whence" instead of "whence". Effectivly they are saying "from from where"
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 23rd, 2005, 11:29 pm

An "issue" is a topic of interest that may or may not be pleasant, may or may not have a solution. A political issue. An economic issue.

Why has the word been hijacked to serve as a "non-judgmental" substitute for "problem"? A brat is a problem child. It is not a child "with issues."

I know. I was one. Still am!! :wink:

And what the hell is wrong with using acid? (As a connoisseur, I confine myself to the acetylsalicylic variety. Use it often on weekend nights.)
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby Mallic » July 24th, 2005, 12:20 am

Well now I know what substance you abuse lol
Last edited by Mallic on July 25th, 2005, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby missypuss » July 24th, 2005, 7:21 am

Drug addled Brains, :twisted: Piss me off !!
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Confucius say look before you stumble into gutter...or hole

Postby sandy82 » July 24th, 2005, 1:06 pm

LOL, acetylsalicylic acid is aspirin. :)

I bet you've used aspirin on the weekends--but not as habit, of course.... :wink:

Nice to see you back.

missypuss wrote:Drug addled Brains, :twisted: Piss me off !!
Last edited by sandy82 on July 24th, 2005, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby missypuss » July 24th, 2005, 1:17 pm

Always unsure what difference someones age makes to some one unless that person is a young and rather clever whippersnapper :wink: (It was 37) :P
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 24th, 2005, 1:33 pm

A very nice compliment, missypuss.

Whose age? 1937 was a very good year for champagne. You have excellent taste and a ready wit, regardless of anyone's age.

I am genuinely glad to see you back.

missypuss wrote:Always unsure what difference someones age makes to some one unless that person is a young and rather clever whippersnapper :wink: (It was 37) :P
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby missypuss » July 24th, 2005, 1:50 pm

:wink: Why Sandy Im a feline...... I have nine lives ... wounds licked and back to play... :twisted:
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby gregi696 » July 24th, 2005, 6:01 pm

Getting back to the original topic...being selected for "additional screening" while trying to catch a connecting flight after your flight in was delayed.
gregi696
Mentor
Mentor

Postby EMG » July 24th, 2005, 6:29 pm

I'll go with people that complain about the quality of a free service. I ran into it when I ran a BBS many years ago, and again(only occasionally) now. I don't mind constructive criticism, but people that get upset because they don't get something they want when they aren't paying a dime for it can REALLY make you want to strangle them in their sleep.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Customer service means hosing the consumer.

Postby sandy82 » July 26th, 2005, 5:18 pm

A genuine sequence of events.

1. Blue sky, no wind. Electricity goes out in entire neighborhood.
2. Call electric company to report outage.
3. Connected to the Phone Tree That Devoured Cleveland.
4. "In order to assist us in locating the precise location of the outage, please enter your phone number, followed by the pound sign."
5. Punch-punch-punch...5-5-5-6-9-6-9. Pound.
6. "That is NOT your phone number." Click. Buzz.
7. Look up own phone number in book. Redial.
8. "....followed by the pound sign." Punch-punch. "That is NOT your phone number." Achtung! Sieg Heil! Click. Buzz.
9. "You have reached automated directory assistance. Please speak the name of the desired party clearly." [Note: if I do that, I go back to the Cleveland-devouring Phone Tree. Hmmm.]
10. "Fum Ducks Quest Stupid Actions."
11. Live voice: "WODjoo say??"
12. "I want to speak to somebody alive at the electric company."
13. "Honey, they got another number, but 'tween us, they never answer it."
14. Go stand on the corner near the traffic light at the intersection.
15. An electric company truck stops for the red. I go stand in the middle of the street, directly in front of the truck. Light turns green. Honk. Red. Green. Honk. In the shoes of Gandhi. Red. Green. Honk. A living electric company employee exits truck, breathing fire. I tell him what I want.
16. "You didn't get these numbers from me, but they fired the union members what used to answer them help lines. Here's the number for the president, VP, Treasurer. But call 'Accounts Receivable.' They answer on the first ring."
16. Repair truck arrives 30 minutes later. "We'da been here sooner, if you'd called."

Ain't deregulation grand?? (BG&E profits are up this quarter.)
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby Mallic » July 27th, 2005, 12:45 am

I hate people who you think will be on your side of a arguement, but don't believe a word of what you say
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 31st, 2005, 7:16 am

A prostitute who screams "Rape!" in an effort to improve her social standing. :wink:

The credibility problem begins when observers realize that nobody was standing near her...or had even noticed her. :roll:
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby missypuss » July 31st, 2005, 8:07 am

Different Languages for different occupations ..... So communicating with a person from another profession is a bit like talking to an alien. Where I work we are all on an inter agency work push: but the problem is that . that which united us in our philosophy and working ideals also keeps us apart because of the language we use when in our working roles and enviroment....... :twisted: Anyone find that this strikes a chord with them ?? :twisted:
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 31st, 2005, 12:17 pm

The world of work is becoming so specialized that one occupation can barely understand another. Compounding the problem are different connotations and value judgments attached to words. What sounds great to a SWAT/SAS team may sound terrible to a psychologist. Or a petroleum engineer and an environmentalist. And then there's military lingo, which doesn't sound nearly so gruesome ("collateral damage" for innocent, dead civilians) or so high-flown ("improvised explosive devices" for home-made bombs) without a translation.

missypuss wrote:Different Languages for different occupations ..... So communicating with a person from another profession is a bit like talking to an alien. Where I work we are all on an inter agency work push: but the problem is that . that which united us in our philosophy and working ideals also keeps us apart because of the language we use when in our working roles and enviroment....... :twisted: Anyone find that this strikes a chord with them ?? :twisted:
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby nicosali » September 22nd, 2005, 2:44 pm

sellers that call to my phone, intolerance and cumbia music
nicosali
Regular
Regular

Postby skot » September 26th, 2005, 9:10 am

missypuss wrote:Different Languages for different occupations ..... So communicating with a person from another profession is a bit like talking to an alien. Where I work we are all on an inter agency work push: but the problem is that . that which united us in our philosophy and working ideals also keeps us apart because of the language we use when in our working roles and enviroment....... :twisted: Anyone find that this strikes a chord with them ?? :twisted:

How about working with people in different languages - full stop? It frustrates the hell out of me on a daily basis!
skot
Regular
Regular

Postby Downward » September 26th, 2005, 11:51 am

I dislike people who cant think for themselves at work, after awhile dont you want to choke those that come up to you asking for direction on stupid things that they've asked about before (i.e 10 times later).
Downward

Postby morrcomm » October 1st, 2005, 8:50 am

Anti-war protesters who mistake the Mercedes-Benz logo for the Peace symbol. That just irks me more and more each time I see it.
morrcomm
Regular
Regular

Next

Return to Idle Chatter