Painting tips

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

Painting tips

Postby isadora » July 13th, 2005, 5:28 pm

I am going to be painting my new bedroom in my new place (I'm renting with 3 other people a house).

Anyway I have to paint my room (for the major reason that Sponge Bob Squarepants is poorly drawn on the wall, haha).

I've more-or-less decided on the colours, now all that's left is to paint the walls.

I know I need the primer paint first and then I do the rest. But I've never actually painted a room before.

Any tips? Any tricks I should know about?

Thanks mucho!
isadora
Regular
Regular

tape the room

Postby gork151 » July 13th, 2005, 6:20 pm

go to hardwhare store get blue masking tape it is designed for panting and mask off room cover what you dont want to paint as in border btween wall and ceiling if they are not going to be the the same color . window door jams - then go to a prviate paint store besides some of big chains - the ones like parker paints sherman williams or canadain equivialnt.. they cater to professional pantiers and would love to get what you need and tell you what you need to do-- but wash the walls or surfaces you are going to repaint to take off patinia (whatever is on surface of paint so it is dull so new paint sticks) use latex (water based so you can flush brushes roller with water and clean the oh - ohs.. then get completely nude and paint ( that is for me)
gork151
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Idle Chatter